Corsair Community

VERY sensitive keys? (new owner)

Agrajag

I'm an older gamer going back to mechanical keyboards from the 80s (and before). However, I've been saddled with a G19 membrane keyboard for years.

So, I got this K95 RGB Platinum SPEED keyboard and now am concerned about whether I got the right fit for me.

First, I totally did not get the entire "color" concept of the mechanisms today. Speed to me meant a better grade of component.

Second, here's a typical line I'm see now:

"Hello, this is lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll"

All those lower-case L's are my ring finger triggering the L key by sitting on it too heavily. I have NEVER encountered such a thing on either a membrane keyboard or a mechanical keyboard. Heck, on the old mechanical keyboards I would have to exert real pressure to trigger a key. Laying on one was never going to set it off.

So, while I'm under easy return range, and given my higher concern for touch-typing (I'm a writer), should I return this version? Is it the possible cause of my L's? If I return it, what should I really go for?

Thank you for any insight.

MX speeds are very sensitive. and is why a lot of people dont like them, also people experience more typographical errors due to the short trigger if they are not used to it.

The browns are not so sensitive, they take a longer push to activate (1.2mm for speeds and 2.0mm for browns) The browns are kind of a good mix for gaming and production and tend to be more poplar for that.

I use speeds myself, but I like the very short trigger, and I have put orings on the keys to shorten the push. so short throw and short trigger. this is not for everyone, but I do like it a lot that way.

Thanks. Pretty sure after reading a bunch now that the Brown is what I'm looking for.

Should have dug deeper before buying in this case, but to be honest, I never anticipated that mechanical would have come back so strongly to have so much variability of options!

This is wonderful for all of us. You have NO idea how many GREAT keyboard companies went under trying to sell people on mechanical as the way to go for 30 years after mechanical first fell out of favor.

I was like this too. I thought I would like red switches even if they had fast activation times. I ended up constantly holding down the spacebar when I rested my hand on the keyboard, and the activation is so smooth I could never tell I was even holding it down.

Switched to brown, it behaves like an actual keyboard that I am used to.

My Brown is here and it's wonderful. Exactly what I needed to begin with. In fact, I could even go one step less sensitive, but that's a guess. This so far has had zero unintended keystrokes and I'm tying as fast, or faster than I ever have.

Archived