Corsair Community

Should I be concerned?

Zatarot

I just pulled all my keycaps to clean underneath them and at the same time place O-rings on the on the keycap stems to muffle the clicky-clackyness. This is when I noticed on nearly all the keycaps I pulled have 1 or 2 cracks that run along the stem from top to bottom. Also would anyone with the same kb mind pulling up a few of the keycaps to see if the same is happening with theirs?

I'm not that fussed over it, that's why I'm asking if I should be. Partly I'm not too fond of these keycaps, although I do like the font/legend it is simple, big but not obnoxious, lets a good amount of light through. So it confuses me with the nonstop complaints about these keys. Other than quality which I'm inclined to agree due to the current situation, but complaints ranging from letters are too big to the font is too distracting then turn around and pick out the most tasteless, gaudiest keycap set for themselves. ****, didn't mean to start ranting.

tl;dr - not going to waste their time and mine when I'm already looking to replace them with an aftermarket set. I just fear busting a cap before getting around to doing so.

On another note I'm am tempted to open a ticket and see if I could get some media keys like the ones on the new k95 since that's my only real gripe that the media keys since they are lower than all the other keys just completely suck to use. Glad they noticed and fixed it with the k95 plat but that's not the keyboard I own.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I know this thread is pretty old, but i've just experienced the exact same issue on a K70 RGB LUX.

first it was the L keycap stem break, so i used a small piece of tape to wrap around the stem. then i started checking all my other keys, and they all are starting to crack including rarely used keys like scroll lock/pausebreak/numlock/numpad keys etc.

i have a support ticket open with my local support in singapore who agree to replace the broken keycap, but after checking majority of the keycaps, all of them seem to be having a hairline crack up the stem already.

Even the default black WASD keycaps which i switched out for the gaming ones (which i put in storage and never used) are starting to have the cracks too.

cross reference this thread similar issue: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=167224

Archived