Corsair Community

Media Controls without using FN key (Strafe RGB)

Celt1

I want a profile in which the media controls, particularly for volume, uses the same function keys as default, but without having to use the FN / Function key combination. In other words, press F7, and system volume decreases. I was stuck until I found this post by "Toasted":

Bug Confirmed on the STRAFE RGB/K95 RGB.

Assigning the media controls (Volume Up/Down) via a new action does not work.

A workaround (Working on my side) is available though.

1. Click the assignments tab.

2. Right click the key you want to remap the volume up/down to.

3. Click Remap Key/button

4. Select Media key under the dropdown menu

5. Select Volume Up/Down and press OK.

6. The keys should now work.

This worked, except that each "step" in volume change requires a key stroke, holding the key does not repeat as when pressing the standard combo key method.

Is there a way to make the action repeat when the function key is held down?

• 3 months later...
Is there a way to control the system volume from the strafe keyboard by remapping? What I really want to do is control the volume from my scimitar scroll wheel, so I need to remap some keys first. If only the strafe had a volume wheel on it!

• 5 weeks later...
Is there a way to control the system volume from the strafe keyboard by remapping? What I really want to do is control the volume from my scimitar scroll wheel, so I need to remap some keys first. If only the strafe had a volume wheel on it!

I just got a Corsair Strafe and am wondering the same thing. Would love to be able to do something like remap alt+mouse scroll wheel to adjust the volume. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Archived