Corsair Community

Computer/gtx 780 not working after h100i gtx install

Gavin.970

I just recently installed a h100i gtx onto my system, in addition I downloaded corsair link. It booted once and I installed corsair link. Rebooted and noticed the gpu fans were not working so I rebooted. Now the computer won't boot at all. I can not access the bios and am only getting black. Any ideas on how to start the problem solving? The power light is on for the gtx and all connection have been double checked.

i usually start by unplugging everything that is not necessary for the computer to boot - this includes hard-drives too - i make sure only what's necessary to the motherboard is connected and then start plugging stuff back one by one -- not sure if this helps

I just recently installed a h100i gtx onto my system, in addition I downloaded corsair link. It booted once and I installed corsair link. Rebooted and noticed the gpu fans were not working so I rebooted. Now the computer won't boot at all. I can not access the bios and am only getting black. Any ideas on how to start the problem solving? The power light is on for the gtx and all connection have been double checked.

If you have a GPU integrated into your motherboard try booting without the 780.

Then check all your settings and system and the bios.

Then try reinstalling the 780.

Could also be a GPU driver issue. I would investigate this also following the above.

Remember to handle your GPU like you would any electrostatic sensitive component.

I usually place mine temporarily on a clean piece of white paper whilst I make some modifications.

Handle only on the plastic casing. Don't touch the PCB.

Archived