Corsair Community

Rma 6001029

• Corsair Employee
The item is active even if the case is closed (it really isn't closed. Once you reply it re-opens). Item status is that it arrived in our hub so please give them 2-3 days to process your replacement. If you don't hear anything by then, contact our customer service so they can check to see what the delay is from.

well i am a very unhappy customer. did'nt expect this from corsair. they have denied my rma as the sticker on the drive has been ripped off. i had this drive supported by velcro in my case and it ripped the sticker off when i removed the drive. how does that make the warranty invalid?? the drive is in the warranty period as they are not 3 year old drives yet.pretty poor excuse if you ask me. this has soured my belief in corsair products:(

my rma no 6002219 has been denied as the sticker has come off the drive. now thats a bit harsh as the sticker is not on the side with the screws so does not show that it's been tampered with in any way. a lot of people mount these drives with velcro in the ir case which is what i did so when i removed it the velcro took off the sticker. how does that make the drive unreplacable under warranty? i thought corsair was a much fairer company than that and i hope they will reconsider my rma as i had a lot of trouble with these drives when they first came out as a lot of people did but i stuck by corsair until they were fixed

• Corsair Employee
If the drive is missing either of the hologram decals (to show its been tampered with) or if the front of the decal with the serial number is removed, the drive's warranty is voided. Our drives state this on the decal very clearly. We don't have issues with people using velcro on the drive and most do it on the botton of the SSD, not on the decals. There is nothing more that can be done unfortunately. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...
great. so even though the hologram stickers are in place and show the drive has not been tampered with, just because the front sticker is ripped corsair decide to rip me off and not honour the warranty which is why i bought corsair in the first place. oh well we live and learn. I WONT BE BUYING ANYTHING FROM CORSAIR AGAIN.great customer service that

Vectisitich- I suggest checking other electronic products and I would guess majority name brand products have "void if removed" hologram or stickers. These stickers are there so people cannot rip off, modify, or change the product , not saying this is what your doing, but is standard practice or all electronics across the board. I am sure Corsair see's a ton of fraud merchandise coming through there RMA process and have to make sure at all costs they are not getting ripped off. Corsair is a well known company to have a great customer service vs. other companies, as they have taken care of me multiple times. Just be patient with them and expect delays due to the sticker being removed. -cheers!

ok this is now dragging on a bit too long. i have tried to contact customer services and got nowhere. i don't use skype. can someone please find out whats happening to the managers review of my ssd case. Also i need and advance postage paid slip to send of the second broken flash drive????

• Corsair Employee

vectisitch

I will send them another message but it should have been resolved already, I would suggest calling them by phone and see if they can take care of this and the automated response will have a shipping label with out postage paid. Pre-paid postage is not automatic and would have to be requested.

got an update on my rma for the flash drive. it said corsair have requested a call tag? not sure what this means. it says i may contact ups within 2/3 days to arrange a pick up. what is a call tag and what do i do this end

got the flash drive sorted,being picked up by ups. now as for the ssd, i still think corsair should replace this as i stated the hologram stickers were in place to show no tampering. still waiting to hear about a managers review on this. i can not seem to get through to customer service.

Archived