Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

• Corsair Employee
Sorry for the delay guys due to a travel schedule but in v3.6, we updated CPUID to the latest version of 1.2.0.7. If there are issues with monitoring, send me logs via PM so I can get them to our devs. I anticipate there will be corner cases since its been with a CPUID update.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently upgraded to Corsair Commander PRO from NZXT Grid+ and of course I had to upgrade from NZXT CAM to Corsair iCUE software.

However, so far I am met with trouble when iCUE randomly freezes and stops adjusting the fans.

Please check the screenshots and let me know if there is a fix.

Restarting the software does not help, and restarting the PC constantly is not ideal.

2018-09-07_10-41-04.thumb.png.82900cb67d5caf4e8dda0c59dbafe1be.png

2018-09-07_10-50-51.thumb.png.5cfe76380de4e5b693d0b36db26558ad.png

Sorry for the delay guys due to a travel schedule but in v3.6, we updated CPUID to the latest version of 1.2.0.7. If there are issues with monitoring, send me logs via PM so I can get them to our devs. I anticipate there will be corner cases since its been with a CPUID update.

I don't see an option to attach files to a PM. Had my icue/space freeze again today.

That is so irritating :)

I now have one gaming rig and three workstations running on iCUE + Commander PRO

Every morning and every other hour I need to check if iCUE does the job or crashed already.

We leave 3d rendering for the night and get back in the morning to meet with boiling temps.

I will now start setting all fans on 100% for the night just in case if iCUE crashes as a temporary measure.

Please let me know if there is a way out of it or simply return to Amazon all the Commander PRO's and go back to NZXT :(

Attached all the relevant files.

2018-09-13_11-15-59.thumb.png.a769e666bc4a5edac5d38dfab2c4bb97.png

Service_Error.zip

Service_Trace.zip

• Corsair Employee
That is so irritating :)

I now have one gaming rig and three workstations running on iCUE + Commander PRO

Every morning and every other hour I need to check if iCUE does the job or crashed already.

We leave 3d rendering for the night and get back in the morning to meet with boiling temps.

I will now start setting all fans on 100% for the night just in case if iCUE crashes as a temporary measure.

Please let me know if there is a way out of it or simply return to Amazon all the Commander PRO's and go back to NZXT :(

Attached all the relevant files.

Can you post your system specs in your profile?

Any idea of what to expect in terms of fixing this?

Just to make it clear, it happens all the time, every day, for many users as it seems.

Can CORSAIR please push this a bit higher in development/support?

I run Corsair H115i, Commander Pro, ML fans.

This morning I found iCUE frozen on one of the Intel systems as well.

I have this happen as well. When everything freezes, it usually seems to be the UI and restarting the UI (without restarting the service) seems to fix it. I think something's happening with the communication channel ... it gets nerfed on the client. You have the service logs but the iCue logs would be helpful as well. Try exporting from the iCue Settings screen; that'll grab all of them.

I have this happen as well. When everything freezes, it usually seems to be the UI and restarting the UI (without restarting the service) seems to fix it. I think something's happening with the communication channel ... it gets nerfed on the client. You have the service logs but the iCue logs would be helpful as well. Try exporting from the iCue Settings screen; that'll grab all of them.

I can confirm that quitting/exiting the iCue UI does not resolve the freeze. Only restarting the Service will.

I will uninstall this software now and hope that Corsair solves this soon, because next option is to remove the Corsair products and move to other vendors.

• Corsair Employee
I can confirm that quitting/exiting the iCue UI does not resolve the freeze. Only restarting the Service will.

I will uninstall this software now and hope that Corsair solves this soon, because next option is to remove the Corsair products and move to other vendors.

This helps - it implies an issue with CPUID SDK, not iCUE itself. We will investigate.

This helps - it implies an issue with CPUID SDK, not iCUE itself. We will investigate.

If I can be of any assistance with my system, let me know. The issue is extremely repeatable (multiple times per day) although I do not know yet exactly what triggers it (or exactly when in time).

You can have my business email in a PM if you so desire.

For what its worth, I was having the freeze problem several times a day on version 3.6.109. Since upgrading to 3.7.99, I have not had a single freeze.

And I probably just jinxed myself now! lol

I hope you didn't... because I can confirm my issues are still present with latest. Verified just today.

For what its worth, I was having the freeze problem several times a day on version 3.6.109. Since upgrading to 3.7.99, I have not had a single freeze.

And I probably just jinxed myself now! lol

I hope you didn't... because I can confirm my issues are still present with latest. Verified just today.

Could both of you please populate your PC system specs, you can sub in details into different areas like I did, if there isn't a spot for it. This will help see if there is something common in the HW. I haven't seen this freezing problem...yet.

To confirm that it's the CPUIDSDK, you can rename the CPUIDSDK.dll to something else. This will effectively disable the CPUIDSDK - so you won't have any monitoring outside of native Corsair products - but everything else, including your Corsair stuff will continue to work.

If you do this and it resolves the problem, we can pretty definitively confirm that it's CPUIDSDK.

To confirm that it's the CPUIDSDK, you can rename the CPUIDSDK.dll to something else. This will effectively disable the CPUIDSDK - so you won't have any monitoring outside of native Corsair products - but everything else, including your Corsair stuff will continue to work.

If you do this and it resolves the problem, we can pretty definitively confirm that it's CPUIDSDK.

I have renamed both cpuidsdk.dll and cpuidsdk64.dll to _old and will now monitor the system. Will report back in a day or so.

Tried renaming and even temporarily removing all three CPUIDDSK files from the iCUE folder. Also restating the service manually. Doesn't seem to help here at all :( The only other folder that has a CPUIDSDK.dll file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Futuremark\SystemInfo which is unrelated and iCUE doesn't use it at all.

Symptoms: iCUE is been working great. I experienced this problem today one hour or so after starting rendering 3D images using 80% CPU, iCUE not updating anything but the RGB. I can still see the physical RGB lights animations change (also anything RGB related works smoothly in iCUE) as I change profiles but no fans or any other metering info update.

When iCUE starts acting up usually HWinfo also stops updating and generally takes long to open or close.

My 3D image app has an affinity from logical cores 3 to 15 leaving core 0-1 free so the system is not choked. After I started noticing problems with iCUE I paused the 3D app (no CPU usage) and even at that point iCUE was unresponsive. Next thing I tried to partially resuscitate iCUE while the 3D app was paused by restarting the service/app.

During idle CPU HWinfo still acts up, to be clear this has nothing to do with my 3D app (at least not directly)...it seems like iCUE has globally messed up sensor reporting somehow.

I have a H115i Pro / LNP / RM1000i / Vengeance LED Ram.

iCUE randomly doesn't see the RM1000i and the Vengeance RAM....and after a while they spontaneously pop up in iCUE's list.

I'm kinda glad I see the RAM going and coming, that tells me is an iCUE issue and nothing to do with my internal NZXT hubs. (both are up and running at all times, I can see their LEDs on)

So, as devices go and come, iCUE stills doesn't update anything. I got it working for about an hour by restarting the service many times.

I guess I need to reboot after I finish rendering to see.

I'm on a clean Win10 install, all working fine except for iCUE (I have nothing in the Dashboard BTW)

I can only assume is a common problem just by the sheer amount of replies in this thread.

Here are my logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16nHaWRZBmpl3LslcWkdiyLLxzyhHFthO

Sys specs:

H500M case.

Ryzen 1800x / Prime X370 Pro / 64GB RAM

RM1000i / H115i Pro / LNP / LL140 Kit / 2x NZXT Hubs last gen.

No EVGA precision installed. I use Afterburner as is much lighter.

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

I think so too. iCUE seems to work well for the most part.

I instantly connected CPU load to this issue, it was the most obvious thing.

Funny thing is, once I pause the program using CPU and iCUE is already "broken"is not really possible to bring it fully back.

Must see if closing my 3D app helps. But I'm still rendering.

I think so too. iCUE seems to work well for the most part.

I instantly connected CPU load to this issue, it was the most obvious thing.

Funny thing is, once I pause the program using CPU and iCUE is already "broken"is not really possible to bring it fully back.

Must see if closing my 3D app helps. But I'm still rendering.

Try "Restart iCUE Service" in the "SETTINGS" tab of iCUE

That brings iCUE back to life most of the time.