Corsair Community

Where's the K70 with MX Silent Switches!?

vSyNd

Hey everyone,

The Strafe came out with Silent Switches, and that's nice, but I want all of the media controls and board design of the K70 with those switches!

The K70 is such a great keyboard, I don't see why they haven't made a K70 with the Silent Switches!

I can't be the only person that wants this. Make it happen Corsair!

We have been getting quite a few inquiries here and there, but I don't have any information about it.

Thanks for the response,

Yes, I hope you guys takes those inquiries and runs with it! :biggrin:

I personally don't know how well the Strafe w/ MX Silents sold, but if for some reason the sales were bad, I'd say it's probably more of the Keyboard Design than the switches.

The K65, K70, and K95 are such well put together keyboards, it's kinda hard to make something new, that is also better.

The Strafe is just missing a few key features the K series offers.

When those switches were announced I was really excited, but then they ended up not being on the right board. I've waited ever since their release for them to come to the K Series, but they haven't.

So I am here now to be heard, and hope my voice brings the Silent Switches to the K Series Keyboards.

• 3 weeks later...
Add me to the list of those who would snatch up a K70 w/ MX Silent switches in a heartbeat. I love the reduced noise, but much prefer the K70 chassis to the Strafe. Especially now with the LUX models that include USB passthrough. It always seemed odd to me that Corsair never included the Silent option with the K70 line, I've got to think it would be a hit.

I've got the strafe with silent mx switches and its hands down my new favourite switch. If there were a K70 lux or K95 lux with these switches I'd snap one up for sure.

Any of these boards would be great with those aftermarket keycaps your going to release soon. :D:

Best

Wulf

• 4 weeks later...

I, too would like to chime in that I would love a K70 with the MX Silient switches.

I've been debating between the Strafe RGB Silent & the K70 RGB for a while now since I like the layout of the K70 better but really want those Silent switches, I've also decided to wait for them to come out with the K70 RGB Silent...

C'mon Corsair & take my money! :)

I just bought the strafe rgb w/ the silent switches and they are great, take a few days to get used to since they are soft - but still great, I am going to get the o-rings too to see if I can make it completely silent.

One mistake I saw is on amazon if you type in corsair keyboard the strafe mx silent keyboard doesn't even show up, you have to type in strafe keyboard so this could be an issue with their sales on this particular model, but then I heard it was supposed to be a Best Buy exclusive model so who knows, seems odd they would invent a new switch type and limit it to one market :X

anyways it's a nice keyboard, even without the media keys (pressing FN + F key isn't too inconvenient or using the cue software to remap them)

• Corsair Employee
Good to see that more than a handful of people are interested. I came back from TwitchCon recently and to my surprise, many streamers actually loved it! They mentioned that with this keyboard, they are actually able to type without recording the key clicks.

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious about this too, and I ended up with the Strafe RGB Silent as of last week. I work in an office where clicky key noise would really annoy some people lol! This is my first mechanical keyboard, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE it, and the Cherry MX Silent keys are perfect for me! Love the way that they feel too.

I will also add that the white, reflective keyboard underlay on the Strafe RGB was also a really cool, secondary big deal for me. Again, working in a daytime office, although I dim my office lights a bit, the brighter the better, and I love the way that the white underlay adds that nice and bright diffused glow! :)

I'm now a Corsair fan for life, and sharing the love with my friends and coworkers! :D

Thanks!

-jeff

• Corsair Employee

Hey Jeff,

Glad that the STRAFE MX Silent fits your need! People in the office will love you for not using a clicky switch :D:

Sometimes in the office here, it feels like people are just mashing buttons to be heard. Pretty much every other cubicle has a mechanical keyboard and it can drive people crazy

I really like the Strafes glass plate and silent switches but the lack of a dedicated media buttons is just too much of a let down to buy it for that the keyboard is just too expensive for it not to have. So yeah a K70 with that would be an instant buy for me. Edited by Hakker

I made an account here just to say that I would buy a K70 if the silent switches were added to it. I had the K70 with brown switches and I loved it, though the keys were just too loud.

If the silents switches were an option for the K70, that would make it a perfect keyboard.

Hell, I would even buy two of them. Pretty please Corsair?

• 2 months later...
I can't promise you guys anything but it's good to know that there are more than a few people that wants this keyboard.

I certainly would love to get one too if it ever gets released. The more silence there is, the better I feel :p:

I too registered on here just to be able to get my vote in. I did not even realise a K series keyboard does not exist with Cheery MX Silent Switches!

Now one of my mates bought the strafe keyboard - i have had the K65 for the last 2 years now with MX Reds, but i miss the Volume roller and dedicated media keys from my Logitech G710+. K70 is obviously the keyboard for me now that i am a corsair fanboy :P

Please please please please Corsair release the K70 with Cherry MX Silent switches, i would buy two of them, one for the office and one for home!

PS Hope everyone had a good xmas and holidays!

I just bought the m65 mouse and the k70 lux. Love the mouse but they keyboard is really loud. it is my first mechanical keyboard. I was searching around for a silent version and came across this thread. Count me in for a silent version. I am considering returning this keyboard but love the dedicated volume buttons. Not sure if i'll give the Strafe a try or go with the logitech g910. If they come out with the silent one, i'd get it for home and work for sure.

+1 on K70 with Cherry MX Silent key switches. The functionality is perfect for my needs, the volume roller and media keys are much better than having to hold down the fn key, but the sound is just too much for me.

I watched a few videos that compared using o-rings compared to the cherry mx silent switches and the two don't even seem in the same ballpark, the silent switches are just altogether more pleasant.

• 2 weeks later...

^Also just created an account to say I got a STRAFE RGB with the cherry silents a couple months ago. It is great and I'm very happy with the volume level. I work about 15 feet from where the family watches TV and I don't distract them.

Exactly what I wanted...well, wanted the cherry slients on the K95, but I'm really happy with this. My non-computer spouse actually said she wants one for work because it feels so great, haha!

Edited: Actually add cherry silents to the K95 platinum and I'd probably buy it for home and take my strafe to work!