Corsair Community

ICUE-Problem after problem getting old!

TheLastofElves

Yes I know it is in Beta before anyone says anything. Corsair is advertising all of these great features that don't work, so maybe don't advertise them until you have them all working. At first it was lighting issues on startup, patched that. Then that patch created lighting issues on the LL series fans, patched that. Now the worst of all is my Scimitar PRO macros do not work at all, they are setup the same way as always, but are not registering.

Tried using the link+cue combination can't set macros up through link only cue. If there is a way to setup macros through link then awesome, but I did not find a way. The biggest problem is stop showing off all of these videos about ICUE to get people to buy your products when your software is still in BETA.

What kind of macro would you want to do through Link? Something connected to fan lighting? That is definitely not in its bag and one of the things we will hopefully see in iCUE before it's done.

I am trying to use Macros for games, skills etc numbers 1-5 on my mouse, like I was saying only CUE makes macros available so I am stuck using it regardless.

Then use the CUE + Link combination. If you don't want to see bugs, don't help with the BETA. That is what you are supposed to do. If you have specific things to note regarding iCUE, use the iCUE forum.

NVM I found the regular CUE downloads thanks for this advice, I'll use it until ICUE is completely finished. I am busy working all the time, so I am not much help for a BETA other than a grumpy person when something doesn't work lol thank you again!

I am not sure I understand. We have two different packaged of software.

CUE 2.xx -> Keyboard, mouse, and other peripherals. Lighting, macros, etc.

Link 4.9.x -> Cooler, PSU, DRAM, fan lighting, fan control (with Commander Pro)

iCUE (CUE 3.xx) -> This is the combination of the two packages above, with the old Link style lighting options dumped in favor of the CUE 2 like lighting patterns that can now be applied to fans and strips.

Any macro you can do on CUE 2, you should be able to do on CUE 3, or vice versa. Use the combination of CUE 2 + Link (only if you have the need from the hardware listed above).

Is the issue you cannot program direct commands to Scimitar side keys? I don't have a Scimitar anymore, but the way I get around that with my M65 sniper button is to reassign the side number button to a useless keyboard key ({=., etc). Then in game assign the desired action to ,.'[]=- key and use the mouse side buttons.

OK, I see your other post now too. So the macros were working on iCUE 3.2 and now don't on 3.3? Interesting. We'll have to see how that plays out.

I am busy working all the time, so I am not much help for a BETA other than a grumpy person when something doesn't work lol thank you again!

No, I understand that part completely and it is also the reason I go back to CUE + Link all the time. One thing you can do is go into your C: Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder and copy the CUE interior folder to a safe place. If you later re-install iCUE, you can drop that folder back in. It is a lot easier than exporting then importing all of your profiles, plus it retains icons and background images.

Archived