Corsair Community

MAKE MY G-Keys WORK!

Jokestur

I recently bought myself a new K95-RGB keyboard. The G-Keys are one of the main reasons for that, because I play a lot of MMO's and stuff. But the G-Keys don't work like I expected or had hoped for.

I need to somehow make the computer recognize the G-Keys as normal keys, or else it's as if their not even there.

For example, I use mouse that has the 2 forward and back buttons. They are recognized as simple extra buttons through the computer. This allows me to go into a game, go to key bindings, and click the forward button for a key bind and the game recognizes the button press.

But now I'm just stuck with 18 extra keys that only work to replicate an action I can already complete with my existing keys.

How do I give the G-Keys their own identity, like the keys on the side of the mouse?

THERE'S GOTTA BE A WAY, MAN!

:praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise: :praise:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think what you are looking for is possible.

The reason you can easily bind the buttons on your mouse is because the 5 button mouse is basically a standard now, so it's probably integrated in most if not all games, or via DX or something of the sorts. (a program just doesn't automatically recognize any and all input it receives, it has to be coded in somehow)

When you take more advanced gaming peripherals those will most likely be software driven to make the extra buttons work and be recognized as 'valid input'. But the button itself doesn't do anything, you have to assign the functionality to it, that's the only time it'll get recognized in a game for example.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but there is still things you can do to make your G Keys more useful! You can easily use modifiers to populate your Gkeys, such as CTRL-A-Z, 1-9, etc. it all depends on what game you are creating a profile for, and what the game uses in terms of acceptable key bindings. That way the Gkeys will be recognized off the bat, and you can assign them at your leisure. Sure you can manually do CTRL+ALT+Z with your hands, but it's much more convenient to go for the Gkeys. :)

Just as a testament to what you can do with CUE and the Gkeys, check out this epic profile I made for Dwarf Fortress. Nobody plays that game or cares for my profile, but you can see the sea of bindings I asociated to the Gkeys. So many that I had to have 8 modes to cover all the actions. :)

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=140620

software driven to make the extra buttons work and be recognized as 'valid input'.

That's exactly what I mean though. Are there any pieces of software or something that can help make the keys work on their own?

Also think about gaming peripherals like a usb SNES controller to plug into your computer. If you go to wherever you can access the properties of that controller in the computer (I forget what where it is) then you can see when you press a button the computer senses a signal from the controller, thus lighting up the #button pressed. And you're telling me that the keyboard doesn't work generally the same? Where I press a g-key and the computer sees an input?

(P.S. I played Dwarf fortress a lot at one point, cool game, and I'm surprised you took your time to macro a lot of the functions)

So I'm looking for something to translate those inputs.

That's exactly what I mean though. Are there any pieces of software or something that can help make the keys work on their own?

Also think about gaming peripherals like a usb SNES controller to plug into your computer. If you go to wherever you can access the properties of that controller in the computer (I forget what where it is) then you can see when you press a button the computer senses a signal from the controller, thus lighting up the #button pressed. And you're telling me that the keyboard doesn't work generally the same? Where I press a g-key and the computer sees an input?

(P.S. I played Dwarf fortress a lot at one point, cool game, and I'm surprised you took your time to macro a lot of the functions)

So I'm looking for something to translate those inputs.

I'm not aware of any such software other than CUE. And like I said, I don't think you'll find software that 'by default' makes so the Gkeys are recognized as valid input and registered properly when used in a game.

Unless someone actually takes the time to code something that will translate the Gkey input into Controller or compatible input, it won't be recognized.

Not the easiest solution, but yeah. And they seem to have found you can rebind the buttons to function as F keys, but beyond the F12? Ha!

If it works up to F30, I guess that's an easy solution to just have them work as those. But I'm curious if games in general will recognize an F13+ key press in the bindings screen?

Crazy.

Not the easiest solution, but yeah. And they seem to have found you can rebind the buttons to function as F keys, but beyond the F12? Ha!

If it works up to F30, I guess that's an easy solution to just have them work as those. But I'm curious if games in general will recognize an F13+ key press in the bindings screen?

Crazy.

Just crazy enough to work!

I'ma try this right now and get back to you guys!

Archived