The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2019, 05:32 PM

POST ID # = 1003953
tbkizle Reputation: 10
Default Scimitar Pro RGB Double Click

Hello, so as the title says im having issues with the mouse double clicking. Its fairly rare but some times does it mutiple times consecutively.(double click with only a single click just one after another, NOT like a suck repeating key, takes like 6 clicks to open a menu because the first 5 the menu just opens and closes) It sounds like the switch/click is fine(doesnt sound like its clicking mutiple times) and it is not consistent. I cant help but wonder if maybe it has to do with the latest firmware? As the issue started occurring recently. Any way i could get the 1.10 firmware to test?

Im currently using iCUE 3.15.101 and firmware 3.14

Edit: found a copy of 1.10 on my HDD testing...

Last edited by tbkizle; 05-09-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Old 05-09-2019, 12:28 PM

POST ID # = 1004034

so i think it may still happen on 1.10 but being thats its like 1000x better kinda hard to tell but it does seem to be significantly better on 1.10.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1004099
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

If you contact us on a ticket we can send the firmware if you request it.

Old 05-12-2019, 10:40 AM

POST ID # = 1004329

Again i have not tested with 3.14 firmware it my testing already kinda confirm what i thought was happening that it was better on 1.10 firmware. It also seems like it could be a software issue. without testing and just going by "feel" it seemed 3.14 firmware was worse but for the sake of ware and tear on my mouse id rather not test.

Last edited by tbkizle; 05-30-2019 at 04:11 AM.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:48 PM

POST ID # = 1008244
CSchwarz Reputation: 10

My Scimitar is doing the same, I have latest firmware. I assumed that it is hardware but I don't hear a double click happening.
I have tried a soft reset (hold both mouse keys while inserting the USB) and that doesn't fix it.

Old 06-24-2019, 02:46 AM

POST ID # = 1009078

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchwarz View Post
My Scimitar is doing the same, I have latest firmware. I assumed that it is hardware but I don't hear a double click happening.
I have tried a soft reset (hold both mouse keys while inserting the USB) and that doesn't fix it.
For me it seems at least so far that at least with firmware 3.14 and icue 3.16. I used the small hole on the bottom of the mouse pushed that in while pluging in the mouse to then get it to show up as a usb to copy the firmware to. After doing this the mouse seems to work fine. despite having done a soft reset and a force update firmware in icue and have those not work. Copying the firmware in what i guess is some kind of firmware recovery mode or something.(small button buttom of the mouse worked)

so the fix for me was to:
1. download the latest firmware.
2. unplug mouse
3. push button on bottom of mouse and hold while pluging it in
4. delete the firmware file that is present in the new "drive" that shows up(cant remember what its labeled atm)
5. copy the firmware downloaded before to this "drive"
6. unplug mouse
7. plug mouse back in normally

Unfortunately I bought another mouse before discovering this but when you use the computer for work down time is not good. Not sure how this happened but it seems despite the update of firmware in the past seemingly being successful(no failure message or anything) was actually not. And apparently "force update" through icue didnt help either. Maybe this could help you too.

Old 07-14-2019, 09:55 PM

POST ID # = 1011272

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbkizle View Post
so the fix for me was to:
1. download the latest firmware.

I downloaded some old firmware from this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=179746
I still have double click. Funny thing is I didn't have double click for about a minute after plugging back in but then it started again

Thanks anyway

Last edited by CSchwarz; 07-14-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:23 PM

POST ID # = 1011274

Now I have brought the firmware up to date (3.04) using iCue and the double click problem is completely gone!

Old 07-15-2019, 09:12 PM

POST ID # = 1011426

Just confirming after a full day of use there have been ZERO double clicks. Before 2 out of every 3 clicks were a double click.
This is solved!!

*** Corsair if you are listening the problem was fixed by manually resetting the firmware using the pin method to delete the current firmware ***

Old 08-05-2019, 07:29 PM

POST ID # = 1013827

for anyone that might be looking, the current(8-5-2019) 3.14 firmware file. And direction on how to use it.

1: Unplug your mouse from the computer.
2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your mouse. For some, this will be located directly on the bottom in plain sight. On others, it will be located underneath one of the removable weights attached to the bottom of the mouse.
3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.
4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.
5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.
6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.
7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.
8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your mouse and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scimitar_Pro_3.14_ISP.bin.zip (83.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by tbkizle; 08-05-2019 at 07:36 PM.