The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 02:29 PM

POST ID # = 946031
skoolz Reputation: 10
Default Windows 10 booting issues after install of new K95 Platinum

With my previous keyboard (Logitech 710+), I never had the following issue.

After installing a new K95, my PC will stay stuck on the BIOS loading screen indefinitely when restarting/fresh boot. The remedy is actually unplugging my Razer Deathadder mouse from its USB port. Once that is removed, it boots fine. I can then plug the mouse back in, and it all works perfectly fine (both kb and m).

This only started happening after plugging in my K95 keyboard. The very first time I plugged the keyboard in, while PC was shut down, it didn't boot. I hit the reset button on my PC and it actually booted. But now, it just simply never boots, even via reset button, until I unplug the Razer mouse.

Has anyone ever heard of a K95 causing this problem in combination with a Deathadder?

Edit: It might be important to note that the keyboard is unresponsive during the BIOS splash screen. Hitting the button to enter BIOS, or any of the others, do not do anything.

This is the case both when it won't boot b/c mouse is plugged in, AND when it does boot with the mouse unplugged.

Last edited by skoolz; 03-22-2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Add details about keyboard responsiveness during bios screen

Old 03-22-2018, 04:42 PM

POST ID # = 946056
xMacias Reputation: 20

Just to check a few things (I also use the Deathadder...), on your K95, there's a switch in the back. What is it set to? It should just be on 1 or 2.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:50 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946059
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMacias View Post
Just to check a few things (I also use the Deathadder...), on your K95, there's a switch in the back. What is it set to? It should just be on 1 or 2.

He has the Platinum buddy... no switch to switch ;)

Old 03-22-2018, 07:29 PM

POST ID # = 946073

I was wondering to which switch he/she was referring. I don't see one back there! lol

Old 03-22-2018, 07:32 PM

POST ID # = 946074

It might be important to note that the keyboard is unresponsive during the BIOS splash screen. Hitting the button to enter BIOS, or any of the others, do not do anything.

This is the case both when it won't boot b/c mouse is plugged in, AND when it does boot with the mouse unplugged.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:15 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 946355
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

You don't have any specs listed so we can't see your motherboard, but try turning off the common "Fast boot" setting in the BIOS and enable the full USB detection.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:55 PM

POST ID # = 947772

Thank you. Sorry about that.

My mobo model is GA-Z77X-UD5H with F14 version of BIOS.

I cannot find a "full USB detection" option.

Note that my PC starts with just the keyboard plugged in, but it does not recognize input on the keyboard from the UEFI load screen even when it does boot.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:15 PM

POST ID # = 947777

It looks like putting the keyboard into "bios mode" via F1+Win Lock button allows the computer to boot past post with both keyboard and mouse connected.

This is disheartening if I have to do that every time I want to restart my computer. Ugh.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 948327
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Can you try soft resetting the keyboard? Unplug the USB cable, hold down Escape, plug it back in. After 15 seconds, let go of Escape. The keyboard should go into rainbow mode, now do a final unplug/replug.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:07 PM

POST ID # = 948330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Mint View Post
Can you try soft resetting the keyboard? Unplug the USB cable, hold down Escape, plug it back in. After 15 seconds, let go of Escape. The keyboard should go into rainbow mode, now do a final unplug/replug.
Thank you very much for your reply! Unfortunately, the soft reset did not fix the problem. I tried restarting without going into bios mode after performing the reset, and it hung at post still.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:25 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 948476
Corsair Mint Reputation: 31

Strange, I'd recommend submitting a ticket so our support team can help look into this further.

http://support.corsair.com

Old 04-05-2018, 09:50 PM

POST ID # = 948785

I created a support ticket and they suggested I try the following, but it didn't work:

I'd suggest doing the following steps which can resolve issue such as the one that you have.

-Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.
-Remove CUE software.
-Wipe out registry with CCleaner,
http://www.ccleaner.com/
-Restart your computer
-Reinstall the software(CUE) after reboot. Please make sure you're using the latest version.

Wondering if anyone else has ever seen this?

Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 PM

POST ID # = 948786

So get this....

I unplugged the "secondary" USB from my PC. I am using 3.0, so technically I only need one of the two USBs plugged in. My PC now boots fine...

However, this pretty much eliminates the ability to use the USB port on the back of the keyboard. I believe that secondary USB provides power to that port, so I almost feel like this is defective if I can't use the keyboard's entire functionality. :(

Old 04-06-2018, 02:42 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948807
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolz View Post
So get this....

I unplugged the "secondary" USB from my PC. I am using 3.0, so technically I only need one of the two USBs plugged in. My PC now boots fine...

However, this pretty much eliminates the ability to use the USB port on the back of the keyboard. I believe that secondary USB provides power to that port, so I almost feel like this is defective if I can't use the keyboard's entire functionality. :(

I'd have to agree if you had the second usb cable plugged in.. but you don't. Meaning you are not using the device as designed.. Meaning you are creating the 'issue' dude.. it's there for a reason, It's a pass through no more no less.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:43 AM

POST ID # = 948823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
I'd have to agree if you had the second usb cable plugged in.. but you don't. Meaning you are not using the device as designed.. Meaning you are creating the 'issue' dude.. it's there for a reason, It's a pass through no more no less.
Well, you clearly didn't read any of this thread. I am clearly aware I don't have the second USB plugged in... I unplugged it on purpose. Perhaps you didn't see the part (the entire thread) where if I have that plugged in, my PC fails to boot.

So yeah, I am NOT creating the issue, dude. I cannot use the passthrough b/c my PC fails to boot. It boots fine when I unplug the passthrough, but then I am missing the passthrough feature. Get it?