The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2018, 02:02 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948863
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoolz View Post
Well, you clearly didn't read any of this thread.

I assure you I did buddy... 3rd post in I mentioned the lack of the switch..... been subscribed since the day You posted it.

Quote:
I unplugged it on purpose. Perhaps you didn't see the part (the entire thread) where if I have that plugged in, my PC fails to boot.
I certainly did.

Quote:
I cannot use the passthrough b/c my PC fails to boot.
tested the KB on another machine yet?

Quote:
eliminates the ability to use the USB port on the back of the keyboard.
that's why I answered as you stated because you was usb 3.0 You didnt need it.. just trying to advise you that You do need that cable plugged in if you want that 2nd USB port to function.

Quote:
I believe that secondary USB provides power to that port,
It does ;)

Quote:
so I almost feel like this is defective if I can't use the keyboard's entire functionality. :(
yes that would be correct dude but only once you confirm its the keyboard at fault and until you get it on another machine it's all guess work dude.

along the top of this page you will see the 'Edit System Specs' Tab. it's helpful if you fill it in bud.. helps with diagnosing issues at times.

Hows that Ticket going?

I was in no way being a clever clogs or trying to say anything other than if that pass through cable is not connected the usb socket wont work... needed to be said as others might read your post and think because they have usb3.0 they dont need that second cable

Quote:
I am using 3.0, so technically I only need one of the two USBs plugged in.
that is all dude.. trying to stop future members getting confused by thinking the above statement is true ;) ;)...

Last edited by Zotty; 04-06-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Old 04-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Vashjir's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948904
Vashjir Reputation: 10

Kinda off-topic, but Zotty, that is well putten together, in a mannerly, with abit of, irony.

+1 for your temper.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:49 PM

POST ID # = 948931
skoolz Reputation: 10

Thanks, for the thorough response, Zotty. I definitely interpreted your response as a "it's not the hardware it's the user" type of solution in a bit of a snotty tone. Hence my slightly terse response. However, I have accepted that it could be some other hardware issue on my end as I have not yet tested it on another computer.

But the fact remains that I realize now that for the passthrough to work, both USBs have to be plugged in, but if both are plugged in, the keyboard does not let my system boot. Therefore, I stand by point that I feel like I have a defective product. But I will, in fact, try it on another PC to see the outcome.

Thanks again.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:50 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 948962

Quote:
Thanks, for the thorough response, Zotty. I definitely interpreted your response as a "it's not the hardware it's the user" type of solution in a bit of a snotty tone. Hence my slightly terse response.
No worries man.. I understand the frustration ;).. but nah man not my style lol.. just trying help dude, just a normal user like your self ;)

Quote:
But the fact remains that I realize now that for the passthrough to work, both USBs have to be plugged in, but if both are plugged in, the keyboard does not let my system boot. Therefore, I stand by point that I feel like I have a defective product. But I will, in fact, try it on another PC to see the outcome.
Hope it goes to plan.. once you can confirm its 100% the keyboard you can use this as part of seeking support help/Replacement. its a great KB and you won't regret the purchase :) ;)..

Old 04-11-2018, 01:12 AM

POST ID # = 949641
Maraker Reputation: 10

It is hand shake of usb. corsair messed up firmware. You are not only one.
Nothing can do without corsair fix that.
It is possible, it can not be fixed, if problem is sheep usb chip in keyboard.
That k95 it is not onlyone, massive problems also k55 and k70

Old 04-11-2018, 01:25 PM

POST ID # = 949712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraker View Post
It is hand shake of usb. corsair messed up firmware. You are not only one.
Nothing can do without corsair fix that.
It is possible, it can not be fixed, if problem is sheep usb chip in keyboard.
That k95 it is not onlyone, massive problems also k55 and k70
I'm beginning to believe you. Unplugging the passthrough USB did help with rebooting... temporarily. Without making any changes, it has now started to hang on post again without the passthrough USB plugged in. Unplugging my Deathadder mouse allows me to reboot. So it seems I am back to square 1.

Maraker, do you have any source to confirm the faulty firmware?

Old 04-11-2018, 01:26 PM

POST ID # = 949713

FYI, I am going to test this on a second computer tonight, finally. So stay tuned.

Old 04-11-2018, 01:27 PM

POST ID # = 949714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
No worries man.. I understand the frustration ;).. but nah man not my style lol.. just trying help dude, just a normal user like your self ;)
Thanks, again. Sorry for my tone earlier. I really do appreciate your involvement.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:15 PM

POST ID # = 949771
Maraker Reputation: 10

Quote:
I'm beginning to believe you. Unplugging the passthrough USB did help with rebooting... temporarily. Without making any changes, it has now started to hang on post again without the passthrough USB plugged in. Unplugging my Deathadder mouse allows me to reboot. So it seems I am back to square 1.

Maraker, do you have any source to confirm the faulty firmware?
No , but I have 6 computer and mac book. Corsair k55 and k70 not work. My 3 other keyboard is fine in all computer.
It have to be usb handshake , because if you unplug keyboard , all software witch poll usb hardware started faster. And leds freeze or other light or key not work problem are firmware problem. I tested by powered keyboard directly by using adjustable powersupply, still caps and num leds freeze after ~5-15 min.

It is not chipset usb driver or bios problem, that is pull **** , corsair support do not know where is problem and ask customer do something random.

If loading USB tracer software:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ng-for-windows

, everyone can be see failed handshake, if compared other manufactured kb.

shame corsair !

Old 06-02-2018, 03:05 PM
craigj172's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957149
craigj172 Reputation: 13

I have seen the issue before when a mouse with internal memory or keyboard will be picked up by the pc as a usb boot device and make the machine hang on boot if the bios is set to look for boot device on startup, check your boot order is set to only boot from your hdd and nothing else may help :)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:08 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957156

Quote:
Thanks, again. Sorry for my tone earlier. I really do appreciate your involvement.
It's all Gravy buddy :).. did you get sorted?

Old 08-08-2018, 12:11 AM

POST ID # = 967601

No, I have not unfortunately. But I have gotten use to a workaround that is reproducible...

Basically, if I restart my PC now, it won't happen. But if I completely shut it down, 1 of 2 things will happen:

1. If I DID set my keyboard to BIOS mode before shutting down, booting the PC will sit on the BIOS splash screen until I hit any key on the keyboard. Hitting a key essentially allows the PC to resume booting.
2. If I DID NOT set my keyboard to BIOS mode prior to shutting down, then PC will not boot with both keyboard and mouse plugged in. It will hang on the BIOS splash screen and won't respond to key presses. I then have to manually turn off PC via power button, unplug razer deatheadder mouse, and turn back on. It loads just fine then.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:47 PM

POST ID # = 971526

Corsair issued an RMA. The agent said the issue is not recurring. I was not aware, however, that I have to pay shipping, so I'm debating on if it's worth it. Hate that this ever happened. Kind of regretting my purchase at the moment.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:40 PM

POST ID # = 1011012
Kayi Reputation: 10

Hi everyone I know this thread is somewhat old but I am having exactly this same issue as described on this thread by the OP.

Is there any workaround or should I just return this kb.?

It is K95 platinum indeed just in case :) thanks in advance guys!