The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 12:28 AM

POST ID # = 1002701
John2019 Reputation: 10

I have a K70 and also with a number of badly manufactured keys which have broken. I opened Ticket # 866372 and exchanged e-mails with Kim E and the trail stopped back in March. So much for customer support. I need my keys replaced ASAP as it is hard to use the keyboard with broken keycaps. Can anuyone at Corsair help. I have sent the receipot, photos etc. What does it take to get help for this product.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:17 PM
Ektelion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1002743
Ektelion Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylord View Post
Hi, Nick.
That's what I did after seeing one of my K70 RGB keycaps falling to pieces on me.
But that was two months ago, and I haven't got any useful response or replacement keycap from Corsair to this day.
Even tried to post on support forum with no luck: three days have passed and my thread doesn't even show up in the forum.
Does support work for customers outside the US?

If you contact Corsair themselves through live chat they will find you a solution, i did it and had very good custumer support, the only downside is the wait time.

Anyway your problem happens with all of the keyboards, it seems you take of your keycaps off way too often to clean it and that weakens the housing of the keycap itself and will eventually break, there's no solution to that, even if they give you replacement keycaps you will break them in the near future again for sure.

The best solution for you is to buy some after market set of keycaps to replace them all, preferably PBT keycaps which are more durable and built to last.

They sell them on their site https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Catego.../CH-9000235-WW

The ones you have are ABS and are not very durable.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:42 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1003125
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2019 View Post
I have a K70 and also with a number of badly manufactured keys which have broken. I opened Ticket # 866372 and exchanged e-mails with Kim E and the trail stopped back in March. So much for customer support. I need my keys replaced ASAP as it is hard to use the keyboard with broken keycaps. Can anuyone at Corsair help. I have sent the receipot, photos etc. What does it take to get help for this product.
I reached out to our customer service team, and you should receive a response shortly. If you don't hear anything in the next few days, go ahead and PM me and I'll escalate this.

Old 05-17-2019, 07:58 AM

POST ID # = 1004817
HawkyCZ Reputation: 10

Month ago, one keycap broke and jumped out of keyboard (K70 RGB LUX EU). That's when I found this forum thread and about the problem with keycaps in general. Checked other keycaps and sure, some more had slight cracks.

Made a complaint with the shop I bought it from (in my country) and today the complaint made it back to me. By sending me new K70 Red LUX US. See me surprised (and angry). Got backlight downgrade from RGB to Red (and lesser value) back. Thought they would replace the broken keycaps or something but they gave new, cheaper keyboard. Warranty 2 years, still a year valid. Now I am not sure if I just should ask for money back or leave it be (though the shop Customer Service will likely say "leave it be, law is on our side").

Came to understand that with new keycaps, you have to buy a WHOLE SET, only for it to break again (buy new again) and again and again. Expensive keyboard, expensive maintenance (after warranty null). The PBT looks like a solution but that store page is down. Probably for the reason they make MK.2 SE with those keycaps now.

PS: Needed to vent somewhere how some shop ran with me. Thanks for understanding.

EDIT: Now they responded. Seems like a mistake from their supplier. I'm getting my money back.

Last edited by HawkyCZ; 05-21-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:49 PM

POST ID # = 1011399
rarukufan Reputation: 10

I too am having the same broken keycap issues with my K70 keyboard but Corsair customer support said there's nothing that they can do about. I've been using computers for over 30 years and have never had a single broken key on any keyboard until I bought a K70. It's an expensive keyboard, yet, I have 4 broken keycaps at the moment. A lot of people have been reporting the same keycap problems. For me, the breakage began to occur a few months after the first usage.

Some additional broken keys have recently made the keyboard more difficult to use. So, I created a ticket a couple of months ago to ask for a full replacement set of caps. I was just denied any support at all a couple of weeks ago, after a lengthy process of going back and forth with Corsair support. I was asked to provide the same purchase information about the keyboard multiple times to no avail. They said the maintenance had run out on my keyboard back in September 2018. Even so, they know these keycaps are faulty and they really should try to resolve the issue, fairly. They really should do something, anything above nothing, to make sure that these keyboards are able to at least perform their core functions as advertised for a reasonable amount of time. Two years is certainly not a reasonable amount of time for a $200 keyboard. As HawkyCZ said, the keycaps will break again and again and I'm sure Corsair has no long term solution for this issue.

I was not regretful about my K70 purchase until I had dealt with Corsair's customer support. I'm ordering a new keyboard today from another manufacturer. Probably a SteelSeries Apex Pro or a Logitech one. But I will NEVER buy another Corsair made product ever again after this experience. My K70 will be going into the trash where it belongs once I receive my new keyboard. Best of luck to the rest of you guys regarding this issue.

Last edited by rarukufan; 07-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011504
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

If the solution was to replace the whole keyboard, why not invest in getting a full set of the doubleshot keys instead? I would think this would be cheaper.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:36 AM

POST ID # = 1011962
StrangeGeek Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis3 View Post
If the solution was to replace the whole keyboard, why not invest in getting a full set of the doubleshot keys instead? I would think this would be cheaper.
Doesn't matter. Even Corsair's 'premium' PBTs crack. I had two sets go completely unusable with the amount they were cracked. Customer support was extremely helpful in replacing both sets. Sadly they have started to crack again.

I cannot convince myself that this is human error. Pre lux keyboards had good keycaps which I have used for well over a year and zero cracks anywhere. Contrast that with the P key cracking on all four sides, from the base of stem to the tip, in under a month.

Until Corsair investigates this issue, which has been ongoing since the lux boards, I'm afraid a mandatory replacement with quality keycaps is inevitable. Either that or stay away from their keyboards altogether.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:23 PM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011993
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

I guess Corsair needs to get on the case of whoever is making those caps for them.