The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-17-2018, 03:41 PM
lmm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935964
lmm Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greylord View Post
Hi, Nick.
That's what I did after seeing one of my K70 RGB keycaps falling to pieces on me.
But that was two months ago, and I haven't got any useful response or replacement keycap from Corsair to this day.
Even tried to post on support forum with no luck: three days have passed and my thread doesn't even show up in the forum.
Does support work for customers outside the US?

me too, don't have any response

Old 01-21-2018, 08:22 AM

POST ID # = 936494
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If a ticket has not been responded to, it may be best to call Customer service via phone.

You can call them using Skype by calling their toll-free number.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:21 PM
mbpmbpmbpmbp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936797
mbpmbpmbpmbp Reputation: 10

I've had a ticket issued and put through for my D key cap breaking, they sent out 1 replacement D key (still waiting and have been told wait up to 3 weeks), then today my other keys started feeling loose and popping off. Keys 1-4, AS and D are all cracked in the same manner as shown above (just not all the way broken yet). Updated my ticket but I have not heard back yet. I will update.

Tempted to buy a set of the PBT however that is $49 USD + shipping to me in Canada is almost $80 CAD (+ customs duties).

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair...-keycaps-black

I was honestly was a big fan of Corsair and have a ton of their products but this is seriously disappointing to see. I am starting to look at my options for alternative keyboards now.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:42 PM
DangerClose's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936806
DangerClose Reputation: 10

Wow this is scary....I just made the jump to Corsair from a lifetime of Logitech's high end products. Bought a K95 Platinum and Glaive RGD. Now I am scared my K95 keys will break apart if it is a plastic supply issue.....

I wonder if Corsair will give a legitimate answer as to the cause? It's great that their support is sending replacements..but it would be nice to hear a real answer and that it was solved.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:38 PM

POST ID # = 937077
0z0n3 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpmbpmbpmbp View Post
I've had a ticket issued and put through for my D key cap breaking, they sent out 1 replacement D key (still waiting and have been told wait up to 3 weeks), then today my other keys started feeling loose and popping off. Keys 1-4, AS and D are all cracked in the same manner as shown above (just not all the way broken yet). Updated my ticket but I have not heard back yet. I will update.

Tempted to buy a set of the PBT however that is $49 USD + shipping to me in Canada is almost $80 CAD (+ customs duties).

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair...-keycaps-black

I was honestly was a big fan of Corsair and have a ton of their products but this is seriously disappointing to see. I am starting to look at my options for alternative keyboards now.
Okay, WAAIIT a minute! Why are we thinking about having to opt for the PBT Key Set for $49.99 after what clearly appears a manufacturing quality issue? For a board costing $159.99 US, these are the keys that should have come with the board in the first place! http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair...-keycaps-black

I've NEVER broken a key on a board, but on this one, I've had to replace 8. I pulled the rest of them and 75% of them have hairline cracks. Really? I'm not a key masher or anything, very disappointed.

It'd be a gracious and smart move for Corsair to send the PBT key set for those that have put in previous tickets, and yet still having broken keys or have a majority with hairline cracks.

Pardon the rant friends, but I switched my 'buy cheap, expect cheap' mindset a long time ago.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:57 PM
mbpmbpmbpmbp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937110

Every key I have popped and inspected closely I now notice is cracked and splitting on at least 1 side of the + spot where the switch inserts to the cap.

I checked F1-F8, Arrow Keys, number keys 1-8, AWSD are the worst (due to high use I am guessing). Even the Pause Break key is cracked.

I have never moved my keyboard other than home from the store inside of its original packaging. I have never placed any heavy objects, put pressure or weight on it. Keys have always been removed using the appropriate tool, the keyboard has been regularly cleaned and cared for.

What is up with this?

Ever since following up to the original Ticket where I was told they were sending out a D key cap, they have not responded to my remarks regarding the rest of the keyboard.

I will update again once I do hear back from them. I will probably end up calling tomorrow.

**Correction - They did follow up since I mentioned the other broken keys. I was offered to have the other replacement keys sent to me, not an entire set. Did not see the ticket was updated.

Last edited by mbpmbpmbpmbp; 01-24-2018 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Correction

Old 01-25-2018, 03:35 PM
mbpmbpmbpmbp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937378

Update. I called in and spoke with someone regarding my issue on the phone. She was helpful and informed me that she would open a new ticket to have my entire K70 Lux replaced on RMA. Not just key caps but the entire unit.

New ticket is opened and the next day support requests me to re-submit all of my information for warranty (original invoice etc) along with photos of ALL cracked key caps that need replacing. I told them I would prefer to not have to pull 100+ keys from my keyboard, photograph, document each and submit but they said they need me to.

This is ridiculous. Between emailing back and forth, looking for information online, and calling and sitting on hold I've spent more than enough time that is worth it.

Fire sale time! Officially leaving Corsair products behind. K70 Lux, M65 Mouse, MM800 Mousepad, HD120 + HD140 Fans, Commander Pro, Node LED Lighting Strips, H110i GT AIO Cooler, 460X Case all going up for sale.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:44 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 937466
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpmbpmbpmbp View Post
I would prefer to not have to pull 100+ keys from my keyboard, photograph, document each and submit but they said they need me to.
Ignore that request. I'll get it taken care of.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:15 PM
mbpmbpmbpmbp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937550

Thank you Technobeard. Really appreciate it. Saved me a lot of trouble.

Got a call from Corsair Customer Support today. They're going to be sending a full new keyboard out to me once I ship mine in. Kinda a pain in the *** with a no-trust system and having to ship mine before they'll ship theirs. Better than the insanely long task of what the original request was.

Hopefully this doesn't happen with anyone else having this issue in the future!

Old 01-29-2018, 08:02 PM

POST ID # = 937999
disco00 Reputation: 10
Default Same issue

ummm this is not OP's fault, in response to the annoying dude saying it is. I have had the exact same issue and I'm not even a big gamer tbh and I don't push hard on the keys. I had three keys break, got replacements sent, and now another one is broken again, a couple months later. It's getting so frustrating. I don't understand how these break so easily when I have never had this issue before :(. I don't know if I should contact support again or just get a different brand keyboard.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:07 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 938004
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco00 View Post
ummm this is not OP's fault, in response to the annoying dude saying it is. I have had the exact same issue and I'm not even a big gamer tbh and I don't push hard on the keys. I had three keys break, got replacements sent, and now another one is broken again, a couple months later. It's getting so frustrating. I don't understand how these break so easily when I have never had this issue before :(. I don't know if I should contact support again or just get a different brand keyboard.
I'd follow suit and put in a support ticket so we can send out replacement keycaps to you.

http://support.corsair.com/

Old 01-30-2018, 08:27 AM
lmm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938076
lmm Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
I'd follow suit and put in a support ticket so we can send out replacement keycaps to you.

http://support.corsair.com/
Hi I have the same problem. Then I had 2 keyboards where the first one broke a keycap and I replaced another, then now with this new I noticed that a lot of keycaps have splits and then sooner or later these will begin to break. How can I do?

Old 01-30-2018, 02:28 PM
Daethz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938125
Daethz Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntn4it View Post
Respectfully, I have used keyboards for over 20 years and never broken a key before. This is not my fault.
It keeps happening to me too, first keyboard in my life to ever break keys like this, in the same exact way shown on those pictures.

Corsair please improve the quality of your keycaps, I'm starting to wonder if i can put my Razer blackwidow keycaps on my corsair keyboard because those razer ones never broke in like 5 years of use, i just dislike that keyboard compared to this corsair now.

The keys are really bombing the quality of the corsair keyboards though.

And replacing keycaps won't work because we will consistently need more and more and more replacements you might as well start up wholesaling them so all stores like bestbuy have a section of fresh keycaps for your easily breakable corsair keyboard.
The keyboard models are aging, time for a refresh, and put better keycaps on it.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Greylord's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938518
Greylord Reputation: 10

Replacement for my broken keycap arrived today. Late, and from another region layout, but it finally arrived.

My keyboard is complete again, so credit where credit is due.

I hope I'm lucky and don't have to deal with more broken keys!

Old 02-06-2018, 12:34 AM
mbpmbpmbpmbp's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939265

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco00 View Post
I have so many broken ones they want to swap the entire keyboard... But first I have to mail it in before they'll ship me a new one. So I am probably going to end up buying a ducky shine for the time being and sell the K70 when its back. Corsair has given me the perfect opportunity to try a competitors keyboard lol