Corsair Community

Help pls :(

mojitoman6

I bought a K70 Lux Red and a K70 RGB Low Profile Mark 2, both are typing the same incorrect letters when plugging in.. for instance backspace gives an “a” and num lock gives an “e”. Some keys do nothing at all. To make matters worse I can’t download the iCUE because it’s blocked by my workplace. I also can’t uninstall keyboard drivers because it’s also blocked for admin access only.. any ideas? Edited by mojitoman6

If I had to guess I would take a look at the keyboard layout in windows as I cant think of any reason why two keyboards are doing the exact same thing. If it was just one I would say you got a dud product but two? And just for kicks you should ask IT if they would allow you to install ICurse. I would have no issues doing that for people where I work since it is unlikely to cause issues on the network.

If I had to guess I would take a look at the keyboard layout in windows as I cant think of any reason why two keyboards are doing the exact same thing. If it was just one I would say you got a dud product but two? And just for kicks you should ask IT if they would allow you to install ICurse. I would have no issues doing that for people where I work since it is unlikely to cause issues on the network.

Any idea what layout I should try? Right now it's set up as US (Default) and still not working...

Any idea what layout I should try? Right now it's set up as US (Default) and still not working...

Well seeing as you have that set as the layout that kinda blew that idea out of the water. Only reason it came to mind as a possible reason was years ago I screwed with my boss at a job by switching the keyboard layout to Dvorak on him in windows. Give support a ring and see what other options you have since the only other reason I can think of would be something spilled on it but as it is happening to two different units that pretty much eliminates that option.

Have you tried the keyboards on another machine, preferably at home on your computer and if so does it produce the same results?