Corsair Community

Corsair Link Keeps Crashing Windows 7

GTXJackBauer

I've had this issue for at least a year and decided to make a thread about it to see if others have the same issue. This will either happen on start up but more often than none it happens in the middle out of no where, whether I have anything running or not it will just crash on its own.

Here's my info I get from windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: corsairlink.exe

Problem Signature 02: 2.4.5110.41697

Problem Signature 03: 5201679f

Problem Signature 04: Sierra2.Shared.Model

Problem Signature 05: 2.4.5109.41667

Problem Signature 06: 52016795

Problem Signature 07: 0

Problem Signature 08: ffffffff

Problem Signature 09: System.Exception

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The product is the same as it was since release. I haven't changed any core hardware other than the a new case (900D), GPU and SSD. Everything else has been the same for 4+ years now since the release of the Link. Since the updates I'll get readings but my LEDs seem to have stopped working or are just dim on their own. I have barely controls of my fans and aren't accurate. I hope support comes back to Windows 7. The only thing I seem to get that works is CPU/GPU and sometimes when it feels like working HD temps. Same goes for the temp sensors. I have 3 cooling nodes. Two are up to date out of the three because I can't see my cooling nodes anymore for a while now on my commander unit.

To give those new folks an idea how long this has been going on for, take a look at my thread I started back in 2012 when the Link was released in January of 2012. Link

I am only looking for those with constructive criticism on both ends and not a blame on user or system setups as I've noticed the trend here by certain individuals for years now. Please refrain from posting in this thread. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Me too...

Crashes on its own...

System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.

bei DeserializerSwitch(Stream stream, Object& value)

bei NetSerializer.Serializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)

bei NetSerializer.Primitives.ReadPrimitive[TKey,TValue](Stream stream, Dictionary`2& value)

bei Deserialize(Stream stream, ParameterList& value)

bei Deserialize(Stream stream, Model& value)

bei Deserialize(Stream stream, Model[]& value)

bei NetSerializer.Serializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)

bei Sierra2.Shared.MessageHandler.read_data(MemoryMappedViewStream reader)

bei Sierra2.Shared.MessageHandler.read_message_thread(Boolean is_service)

bei Sierra2.Shared.MessageClient.<.ctor>b__2()

bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Same problems. HD temps... sometimes etc. etc.

Okay, you have to delete your profile and then remove the software. Then install the latest build you can get and run it as administrator (left klick). Then left klick all .exe-files and also check "run as administrator". Fixed it for me. It looks like an security issue with on os-dll.

regards

D

Archived