Corsair Community

Memory upgrade for my p9x79 pro w/ i7 3970X

AshrafAce

As of a few days ago, my vengeance memory has been playing up. I have been considering to buy a new 64GB set but I cannot decide on which to get. There is also the problem of cooling them. If you are going to recommend a domiator series memory, would you suggest Corsair's Airflow Pro?

Open to suggestions

There is also the problem of cooling them. If you are going to recommend a domiator series memory, would you suggest Corsair's Airflow Pro?

It's definitely not a necessity , if thats what your asking. Memory just doesn't get that hot unless your really overclocking them pretty high. But at stock voltages they won't "require "any cooling.

As stated from before, I am searching for a 64Gb kit. It has to be compatible with the p9x79 pro and the i7-3970X. My initial thoughts were the CMZ64GX3M8A1600C9. 1600MHz and 64Gb will do the job. Opinions?

Hi AshrafAce

CMZ64GX3M8A1600C9 as a maximum compatibility with all Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors, as well as the 2nd generation Intel processor family. So it sould worck geat with your Intel i7-3970X motherboard.

But i don't now why you want that mutch memory as 32 BG is mor then you need for games?

Hope this help

Sincerly yours

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Actually only Core I7 Quad channel series CPU's will support 64 Gig Core I5 D/C CPU's are limited to 32 Gig because of the number of slots and Core I3 only support 16 Gig of memory and the modules have to made with IC's no larger than 256 X8 Memory IC's so that would 4.0 Gig double rank modules or 16 Gig total. If the MB you have only has two slots then you would be limited to 8.0 Gig of Ram for Core I3 CPU's

Archived