The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2018, 08:49 PM

POST ID # = 938781
ArchCorsair Reputation: 10

I am also experiencing this issue, I deleted the Corsair folder in Roaming and Local, I preserved the profiles folder and put it back in to the newly created Corsair folder. If this crash happens again I will save/send the dump files

Old 02-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Millers's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938793
Millers Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
For those having issues:
Completely uninstall CUE and install the latest version from our website.
If you've done that already, completely uninstall CUE and install the previous version of CUE and see if the issue reappears.
I am running Windows 7 and experiencing the same problems other people are having with version 2.22.83 which is currently the latest version. Fortunately, I have a copy of 2.19.65 which I reinstalled after uninstalling said latest version and this older version works flawlessly with my K68 Keyboard.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:57 AM
Sithtiger's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939476
Sithtiger Reputation: 10
Default Cue 2 Software Crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty86 View Post
I'm sorry you guys are having this issue, I too am on Windows 10 with the recent update but I am not experiencing this issue. Is it possible it is not related to the Windows 10 update and something else could be causing it? I'm only speculating though... a Corsair team member would probably have to investigate this further.
Well, I can tell you for a fact it has nothing to do with the latest version. I'm running v.1703 build 15063.786 because the Fall Creator's Update seems to cause stuttering when playing video from local and Netflix is especially bad on my MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming 8G.

The other this is after I installed it, I could no longer type in the Cortana search field or if I go into Settings. I cannot type anything to search for something either.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:47 AM

POST ID # = 939500
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If not seen, there is an early release you can you try.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...6&postcount=38

Old 02-10-2018, 02:40 AM
Swilk1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 939968
Swilk1 Reputation: 10

I had this problem today after plugging in my new Corsair Dark Core wireless mouse. Would crash every time I opened the interface or tried to relaunch the program. I can gladly say renaming/deleting %appdata%/corsair fixed the issue. It seems to be an issue with the CUE software not replacing/adding to the current CUE profile? Hope everyone else's issues get resolved, but please do try this like @Hoppy! said. It's quick and simple and it might not fix everyone's issue, but the ones that do will greatly appreciate it. Thanks @Hoppy! !! I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Now I can enjoy my new mouse! :)

Old 04-02-2018, 07:23 AM

POST ID # = 948203
deftdrummer Reputation: 10

I'm new to CUE despite having a K70 keyboard for some time. Now I have a Harpoon mouse and am getting pissed when I find that at every other moment the Corsair Utility Engine software is not running for some mysterious reason.

I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest updates and the latest version of CUE.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:56 PM

POST ID # = 955754
Akrucious Reputation: 10
Default Same issue

I started getting this issue the moment I updated as well, I can't use any of my macros now.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:52 PM
SpectroPro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975030
SpectroPro Reputation: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to SpectroPro

I am having this issue. I have tried the rename of the folder as stated; didn't work. I too have uninstalled and re-installed many times. No avail. I have tried both versions of the software...the old CUE and the new. Same issue. I found the new version doesn't do anything for me but I can once out of every 30 or so attempts get the OLD version to stay open long enough to change a setting before it crashes. Now, however, since yesterday it tells me I must reboot to finish install. I have rebooted 5 times since then, and it still says the same thing. Then, within 10 seconds it will crash. I just bought the CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset - Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC and LOVE THEM!! I just wish I could actually use the features it comes with but the software simply will NOT work.

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit version: 10.0.17763 (I am in the Beta test program)

Though, pretty sure this isn't a 10 problem since many others have it also.. I have also tried running as admin, setting for various windows compatibilities, etc..

This isn't life or death, but as one stated before, I have all these nice features I bought....would be nice to use them! :)

Greg

Old 10-05-2019, 09:10 AM

POST ID # = 1020319
tco24 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy! View Post
I ran into this as well, something got corrupted in the CUE profile after I unchecked the option for it to start with Windows. Here's how I fixed it:

1. Open up File Explorer and go to %APPDATA%
2. Locate the Corsair folder and rename it to Corsair.BAD
3. Start CUE and it should create a new one and work now (well, it did for me. Your mileage may vary)
These steps worked for me ! thank you
However, after every reboot I have to repeat these steps.
Without repeating the steps after a reboot I would have no lighting on the keyboard + high cpu usage (icue exe) and no possibility to open the iCue interface.
Does anyone has other tips or trics to solve this permanently ?

Best regards, Tim