Corsair Community

Corsair VOID wireless headset -- Only one ear working please help!

SwapGuy

Hello

I've been having this issue for the past week where only my left side on my headset works. I tried to get some help from Corsair Support but no one has answered me yet and the "online chat" is never online, so I can't even talk to them through that.

So I turn to the community to help me out with my issue. If you want to know what happened before the right side decided to just stop working, I was watching Twitch.tv and it went out with no warning, no nothing.

Hi SwapGuy,

had the same problem, so might be able to help you.

Firstly check your drivers are up to date, secondly try the headset on a different USB port also try the headset on a different pc (this is how i knew it wasnt a hardware problem for me as it worked fine on my laptop)

unfortunatley if it doesn't work on another pc, its probably a hardware issue :[pouts:

if it does work try this method.

1) right click on your sound icon (bottom right) and click playback devices

2) right click on your headset (corsair void) sound device and click properties.

3) select the levels tab

4) on the headset slider bar select 'balance'

5) a pop up box should appear with 2 sliders, both sliders should be at 100% as this is the input for each head phone individually.

6) if one is lower then set it 100% and see if that works.

Hope this might help you, let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Smurfy.

• 3 years later...
Like many others on this thread I connected the usb dongle and only my left ear was outputting audio. After attaching the detachable mic it fixed the right ear for about 30-40 minutes. After that it went back to only the left ear working and I am worried since I purchased them from micro center, and due to covid they aren't accepting returns or exchanges and now i feel i am out 260$ with no hope of getting a new product or fixing this one

• 1 month later...
Hi SwapGuy,

Firstly check your drivers are up to date, secondly try the headset on a different USB port also try the headset on a different pc (this is how i knew it wasnt a hardware problem for me as it worked fine on my laptop)

unfortunatley if it doesn't work on another pc, its probably a hardware issue :[pouts:

2) right click on your headset (corsair void) sound device and click properties.

3) select the levels tab

5) a pop up box should appear with 2 sliders, both sliders should be at 100% as this is the input for each head phone individually.

Thanks,

Smurfy.

I've tried this a couple of times already but there is no balance option for me, it stimply does not appear and I've even tried resetting the headphones with holding the mute button for 15 seconds.:sigh!::sigh!:

• Corsair Employee

Is the issue occurring in one specific application or in every? If it's for all applications, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team as this could be hardware related. You can submit a ticket through the following link, and one of our Support reps can help you out from there:

https://support.corsair.com

Today, when i turned my PC on, i experienced similar issue but with few differences:

* I have Void Pro RGB USB headset (wired one)

* The sound level in left speaker was much lower than in right speaker

I also tried loads of things:

* unplug the headset and plug it back in - no help

* plug the headset into different USB port - no help

* reboot the PC - no help

* using different sound sources (e.g youtube, winamp) - no help

I also have 3.5mm jack external speakers which i tried and these worked fine, without the balance being off. So, i figured that my nearly 3 years old headset finally crapped out on me and i ordered a new headset (Void RGB Elite USB).

Last ditch effort that i tried was using my headset in another PC and lo and behold :eek: , headset volume balance in 2nd PC was perfect, without any issues. At this point, i knew that the issue was with my PC and not with the headset at all.

After some Google-Fu, i came to this topic and tried the below quoted method of adjusting headset speaker balance within Win settings:

Hi SwapGuy,

3) select the levels tab

Thanks,

Smurfy.

The quoted solution worked perfectly for me and i thank you for that. :praise:

Sadly, i found this topic after i ordered a new headset (Void RGB Elite USB). Though, i'm not canceling the order (not that kind of person) and i either retire my trusty Void Pro RGB USB headset for the new Void RGB Elite headset or give the new headset to my missus, while keeping the old one for myself. :D:

As of why my Win decided to skew the headset balance - i have no clue. :thinking: Never had this kind of issue and all was working fine before that.

EpiSmurfy, thank you again for sharing your method! :biggrin:

---

I included a screenshot of my desktop that shows the path and opened settings windows to fix the volume balance issue. Any others visiting this topic can take it as visual aid for EpiSmurfy's method. :):

Headset_volume_balance.thumb.png.ac36b05db7a095248e1a8e6fb8307c8a.png

• 1 month later...

For those that are still having this issue, I fixed mine after doing many standard "quick fixes" that didn't seem to work. (but always check the balance of your headset in windows settings is set to the same number for both right and left ears.

How I managed to fix it:

-Unplug Wireless Dongle.

-Connect USB Wired Cable (Charging cable).

-Switch headset over to USB wired only mode using switch on right ear piece.

-Open ICUE Software.

-Whilst Dongle is removed and USB cable plugged in (FYI IT DOESN'T WORK IF YOU HAVEN'T REMOVED THE WIRELESS DONGLE, sorry for caps but this annoyed me when I initially incorrectly excluded firmware update as issue).

-Click Settings up the top of the on the main ICUE software screen and select the headset icon.

-Click update (even if you have current software, click update then click "force Update") It might require you to restart PC.

-Once updated and PC reset (if required) your sound should be fixed.

-Reconnect Wireless dongle and click headset back over to wireless mode on ear piece.

I hope this helps anyone who's having trouble, Unsure why the forced update doesn't fix the issue whist Wireless dongle is connected *shrug*

Much love, Happy gaming!