Corsair Community

Frustrating rainbow when computer off

Yaguznal

Hello Corsair and friends,

My K70 Lux non rgb keyboard keeps going into demo mode and needs reconnecting to get it out of it whenever I shut down or sleep my laptop and wake it up again. They keyboard is connected to a thunderbolt dock.

I want this keyboard to just shut down like any other keyboard or at the very least shut down all its lighting.

The keyboard is updated to the latest firmware and I run the latest iCue software. I tried to send profile to the keyboard with every light disabled and put that on the top of the profile list. I have tried the 10 second escape trick and that did not work either.

I need some advice before I chuck this keyboard out my window.

What am I missing here?

Many thanks in advance,

Yagu

I think but am not certain that you should be able to save static lighting to that board? That is somewhere at the top left iirc in the hamburger flyout maybe an sd card looking thing to save static lighting to device memory. If your device supports it. Does that board have a brightness button? if so, hitting that until off is another option, but if it has memory you should not need to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

I did try to save an empty profile to memory. I did find that button but as far as I could see there was no progress bar or confirmation anything happened. After pressing the button nothing changed when I turned the laptop off, disconnected the laptop from the dock or put the laptop to sleep so I am pretty sure there's no profile memory on the keyboard.

Is there anyone that found a solution to this because I am sick of this all night disco.

Archived