Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2017, 12:49 AM

POST ID # = 930463
yayrah Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Can you post a shot of your Link configuration?
And the fans are never detected automatically. You have to add them to Link individually. And specify the correct type.
In the picture the 5th power pin isn't reconnected, but I reconnected it after I took the picture. Sorry about the poor quality. Also I selected the fans in the link software but they are still not lighting up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corsair C-Pro and Lightign HUB.jpg (1.06 MB, 104 views)

Old 12-14-2017, 12:54 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930464
DevBiker Reputation: 88

As long as the fans are applied in Link, try rearranging the fans on the RGB Fan Hub. They are, apparently, like Christmas lights ... if one is bad, it'll take down everything after it.
This will help determine if it's the fan or the hub.
And another question: is either the CoPro or the hub powered via a molex-to-SATA adapter? Or is it straight SATA from the power supply?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:55 AM

POST ID # = 930465

Quote:
As long as the fans are applied in Link, try rearranging the fans on the RGB Fan Hub. They are, apparently, like Christmas lights ... if one is bad, it'll take down everything after it.
And another question: is either the CoPro or the hub powered via a molex-to-SATA adapter? Or is it straight SATA from the power supply?
The Commander Pro and Lighting HUB are connected via SATA straight from the PSU. I will try to rearrange the lighting now and get back to you on the results.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:00 AM

POST ID # = 930466

Quote:
So I changed the order of the LED fans but nothing has changed. Only the first fan lit up. On 12/07/17 all fans were working perfectly fine, but now only one lights up. No matter the configuration only One of the five fans light up. Apparently only Port 1 on my lighting hub works with tall the LED's but after that nothing else seems to work.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:10 AM

POST ID # = 930467

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayrah View Post
The Commander Pro and Lighting HUB are connected via SATA straight from the PSU. I will try to rearrange the lighting now and get back to you on the results.
UPDATE, somehow all the fans have lit up now and are functioning properly. I do not know why but i messed around for awhile and it all lit up. Thank you again for your help.

-Sincerely,
yayrah

Old 12-14-2017, 01:51 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930468
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
That'd be for Corsair Dustin to say. Zotty might be able to chime in here
here to chime. :)

RE narutorulez issue

errr..... New one to me!... unless added as wrong type of fan in link (and i doubt it as OP looks to know what he's on about) i cant see why it would do that..

as mentioned. try fans in a different order on the Rgb Fan LED hub.. see if anything changes (trying to narrow it down to being a fan at fault).. not sure if its been suggested.. got another RGB led Fan Hub you can try to cancel that being at fault?? or indeed a Lighting node pro to cancel the commander being at fault out?

excuse me if a have missed anything... its 6am and i'm pooped lol

Last edited by Zotty; 12-14-2017 at 01:54 AM.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:34 PM
narutorulez's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930630
narutorulez Reputation: 10

Quote:
That'd be for Corsair Dustin to say. Zotty might be able to chime in here; he's the only one that I know of with that many fans.

Something to try, though:
1) Shut down Link.
2) Delete all of the .config files in C:\ProgramData\CLink4. Or ... better yet, back them up in another folder. [Note: this will completely clear the Link configuration]
3) Restart Link. Go in an set up your RGB LEDs again, being super-careful to make sure you select the right kind of fan when adding to the system.
IF this works, it is definitely a software issue. If it doesn't ... well, we still won't know for sure.
Another thought ... have you tried rearranging the fans on the fan controller?
Thanks for the suggestions, it is all greatly appreciated.

Sadly deleting the config files did nothing. I took it a step further though, uninstalling the software, changing the ordering of the fans, using only a few fans at a time, changing the combination of fans, using the node pro, disconnecting the node pro, disconnecting RGB strips etc.

The first 3 slots seem to perfectly light up the first 3 fans. However upon activating the first fan of a different size, be it 140mm or 120mm, that is from where the problems arise - when the LL120 fans are the first 3, activating fan 3 activates the first LL140. When the LL140 fans are the first 3, activating the 4th fan activates 2 LL120 fans. I could find no way around this whatsoever - ultimately my conclusion was that every time the fans get to a point of activating a fan of a different size compared to the prior fans, the software seems to detect the fans very "awkwardly" or so to speak.

Some may say that I should just use all of the same fans but I have already made my respective purchases - A commander pro, the LL120 triple pack, the Node pro and LED strips, 4x seperate LL140 fans (one of which I'm waiting for another lighting controller to activate and use) but I'm left in a position where I just don't know what the problem is - if it's hardware, which piece is defective? The fans? The lighting controller? The commander pro? Or is it a software issue that can potentially be rectified in the future?

I have spent the last 3 hours going through this and it feels like 3 hours wasted. If anyone has had any similar issues and managed to find a fix, please let me know? Aside from that, do any of you guys have any other suggestions? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:34 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930645

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutorulez View Post
Thanks for the suggestions, it is all greatly appreciated.

Sadly deleting the config files did nothing. I took it a step further though, uninstalling the software, changing the ordering of the fans, using only a few fans at a time, changing the combination of fans, using the node pro, disconnecting the node pro, disconnecting RGB strips etc.

The first 3 slots seem to perfectly light up the first 3 fans. However upon activating the first fan of a different size, be it 140mm or 120mm, that is from where the problems arise - when the LL120 fans are the first 3, activating fan 3 activates the first LL140. When the LL140 fans are the first 3, activating the 4th fan activates 2 LL120 fans. I could find no way around this whatsoever - ultimately my conclusion was that every time the fans get to a point of activating a fan of a different size compared to the prior fans, the software seems to detect the fans very "awkwardly" or so to speak.

Some may say that I should just use all of the same fans but I have already made my respective purchases - A commander pro, the LL120 triple pack, the Node pro and LED strips, 4x seperate LL140 fans (one of which I'm waiting for another lighting controller to activate and use) but I'm left in a position where I just don't know what the problem is - if it's hardware, which piece is defective? The fans? The lighting controller? The commander pro? Or is it a software issue that can potentially be rectified in the future?

I have spent the last 3 hours going through this and it feels like 3 hours wasted. If anyone has had any similar issues and managed to find a fix, please let me know? Aside from that, do any of you guys have any other suggestions? Any help at all would be appreciated.
Completely understand the frustration. However, if nothing else, we've found some things that don't work.
Can you try one more thing? Try plugging in a single 140mm fan ... and then a single 120mm fan ... and then a 140mm fan ... and then a 120mm fan.
I suspect that the 4th fan, regardless of size, will cause an issue.
There is no sort of detection that's done on the fans or the strips. In fact, I'm fairly certain that the LED devices in the fans and strips aren't even capable of communication back to the Fan Hub, the LNP or the Commander Pro. They are receivers only.
So ... at this point, I think we've ruled out that it's software. We've reinitialized the Link configuration, so we ruled out any kind of strange corruption there.
I pretty strongly suspect that it's the fan hub. If you do what I suggest above and it happens as I think it will, that would, in my mind at least, pretty fully confirm that to be the case. At which point, your best option is to open up a ticket with support and see about an RMA.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:58 AM
RVxSpeed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930654
RVxSpeed Reputation: 10

can somebody confirm if it the issue "corsair AXi PSU not getting detected when connected through h100i unit" got solved?

Old 12-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930711
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

It hasn't been and unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce it.

We're suggesting just connecting your AXi directly to a USB 2.0 header. The H100i's Corsair Link port is not especially stable - part of why we retired it - and it's not possible for us to update the firmware to pursue a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVxSpeed View Post
can somebody confirm if it the issue "corsair AXi PSU not getting detected when connected through h100i unit" got solved?

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 PM

POST ID # = 930738
Odds&Ends Reputation: 10

I get an fatal error then trying to upgrade manually and it wont update from the app at all

Old 12-15-2017, 11:12 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odds&Ends View Post
I get an fatal error then trying to upgrade manually and it wont update from the app at all
Do you have a specific error message? Also, is there anything in the event log?

Finally ... try to manually uninstall the previous version from Add/Remove Programs and then install the new one.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:49 AM

POST ID # = 930750
Hoplayarak Reputation: 10

thanks for releasing it just the day after my commander pro decided to stop working..
it did not actually stop working.. it was still running my hd and ll fans usb ports(usb2.0 extender) were still working..But your previous link software stopped to detect commander pro.. so no fan rpm control and led channels were not working..since I had a second spare lighning node pro and some fan extender cables I still barely could put all 3 LL fans 3HD fans 8 corsair led strips with 2 corsair lighning nodes 2corsair rgb hubs ,some other brands rgb stuff ,their cables their control boxes and extensions.. after some hard work (cable managemant) I could barely close the back cover of my pc case..and since everything is working fine I dont really want to mess with any af your lightning devices.. Still I cant stop my curiousity about my commander pro.. I mean its weird.. SOme parts wer still working but it was totally undetectable by previous link software.. I tried using mechanical reset button but no help..also I realized that cover on commander pro is really hot soon after it disappeared on interface.. may be it was always hot.. I dont know.. but since I handled to remove it out of my pc case I found out it was hot..so what do you think?
software or hardware failure.. should I remove the plastic cover on top to have a closer look for a physical damage..? or before; there is any possible way to make it detected by link without any physical interference with the plastic cover or pcb?

Last edited by Hoplayarak; 12-16-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:06 AM
RVxSpeed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930751
RVxSpeed Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
It hasn't been and unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce it.

We're suggesting just connecting your AXi directly to a USB 2.0 header. The H100i's Corsair Link port is not especially stable - part of why we retired it - and it's not possible for us to update the firmware to pursue a fix.
that is a really sad way to treat an issue. First i mentioned that i lost the usb dongle. 2nd on the last build many of us reported the issue from the build 4.6.x. You should clearly write that connection via h100i base module is no longer supported after x.x.x version.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:12 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 930752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplayarak View Post
thanks for releasing it just the day after my commander pro decided to stop working..
it did not actually stop working.. it was still running my hd and ll fans usb ports(usb2.0 extender) were still working..But your previous link software stopped to detect commander pro.. so no fan rpm control and led channels were not working..since I had a second spare lighning node pro and some fan extender cables I still barely could put all 3 LL fans 3HD fans 8 corsair led strips with 2 corsair lighning nodes 2corsair rgb hubs ,some other brands rgb stuff ,their cables their control boxes and extensions.. after some hard work (cable managemant) I could barely close the back cover of my pc case..and since everything is working fine I dont really want to mess with any af your lightning devices.. Still I cant stop my curiousity about my commander pro.. I mean its weird.. SOme parts wer still working but it was totally undetectable by previous link software.. I tried using mechanical reset button but no help..also I realized that cover on commander pro is really hot soon after it disappeared on interface.. may be it was always hot.. I dont know.. but since I handled to remove it out of my pc case I found out it was hot..so what do you think?
software or hardware failure.. should I remove the plastic cover on top to have a closer look for a physical damage..? or before; there is any possible way to make it detected by link without any physical interference with the plastic cover or pcb?
I wouldn't open it up unless you want to forego any possibility of an RMA. But that's totally your call.

Not sure about the hot. All computer components will generate some level of heat. The CoPro does have a micro controller in it that will also generate heat. And "hot" is pretty relative and subjective.

Can you, perhaps, post a photo of the mounting of the CoPro? Or have you taken it out?

Closed Thread