The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 05-08-2016, 01:52 PM

POST ID # = 851143
pathel12 Reputation: 10
Post Installed SIV and this is not normal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Not really. Where are the 3 SIV panels? Unless you post them I can't help you.

Looking at Devices and Printers Windows did detect the H80i which is the Integrated USB Bridge.
So I looked up SIV panels and installed the SIV hardware. And maybe you could help me, because you can see the pictures and I followed the guide "how to control corsair link with SIV" http://sivtxt.zz.vc/Using%20SIV%20to...20Hardware.pdf
And when I followed that guide these windows appeared to me and I don't think it’s normal. Windows can't detect my pump, so I'm wondering what to do next?
thank you again for helping me
Attached Images
File Type: png link export sv.png (16.4 KB, 180 views)
File Type: png link fans corsair.png (18.6 KB, 139 views)
File Type: png link status siv.png (10.3 KB, 147 views)
File Type: png its detecting my usb bridge but there is an error at the end error 31.png (33.4 KB, 648 views)

Last edited by pathel12; 05-08-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:05 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851150
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs down There is a hardware issue with the H80i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathel12 View Post
So I looked up SIV panels and installed the SIV hardware.
  1. The I/O Error 31 shows there is a hardware issue with the H80i. Until you resolve this nothing will work as it should.
  2. Sometimes if you power down the system and unplug it for two minutes this get's the H80i working again, so try doing this. Does the I/O Error 31 go away?
  3. Yet again you did not post the three screen shots I asked for , only two of them. Why did you not post [Link Devices] as I asked?
  4. I did not ask you to use SIV to control the H80i so why did you do this rather than doing as I asked?
  5. You should try searching for error 31 and see if any of the other posts help you get the hardware working.
Quote:
The SIV [USB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-09-2016 at 03:57 AM.

Old 05-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Bryman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851168
Bryman Reputation: 19

Quote:
[list=1][*] You should use .PNG rather than .JPG for screen images as the images are crisper and easier/possible to read. I feel it's also better if they are attached to the post and the CL4 [Home] screen should be posted.
Don't use Photobucket...

Either attach the image to the post or use imgur

Imgur allows up to 5mb for PNGs... After that it'll convert to a jpeg, and attaching images to the post allows up to 5mb

And jpegs do not do well with computer screenshots... even as a 100 quality jpeg they do not look very good

It also makes text extremely hard to read sometimes

The resolution on Photobucket is not very good... I don't know why people still use it when there's MUCH better sites like imgur

Old 05-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851188
Thumbs down No, don't use imgur attach the images to the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryman View Post
Either attach the image to the post or use imgur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.
No, don't use imgur attach the images to the post. I guess Bryman must like all the imgur.com adverts, I don't.

Technobeard, You should change your post to specify .PNG images.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-09-2016 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Bryman must like all the imgur.com adverts

Old 05-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Bryman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851248
Bryman Reputation: 19

Quote:
No, don't use imgur attach the images to the post

Technobeard, You should change your post to specify .PNG images.
Both work fine

Imgur has no limits on resolution and accepts PNGs up to 5mb

It doesn't matter

Attaching images to the post would probably be easier, though

I was just saying don't use Photobucket... it resizes images down to a tinnnny picture and I can hardly see anything on my 2560 x 1600 resolution monitor

Imgur is way better imo

The jpeg is not the problem here... it's the resolution

Also images with a lot of text don't compress very well with jpegs

The image I linked before OptiPNG was 1.35mb, after the default compression level of OptiPNG 1.05mb, 100 quality jpeg 950kb, 95 quality jpeg 500kb

So... really not worth jpeging computer images, it actually raises the file size a lot of times if there's a lot of text... and even as a 100 quality jpeg, computer screenshots look awful... I don't know why but jpegs do not like computer screenshots

Last edited by Bryman; 05-09-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:17 PM

POST ID # = 851250
pathel12 Reputation: 10
Haha!

Quote:
  1. The I/O Error 31 shows there is a hardware issue with the H80i. Until you resolve this nothing will work as it should.
  2. Sometimes if you power down the system and unplug it for two minutes this get's the H80i working again, so try doing this. Does the I/O Error 31 go away?
  3. Yet again you did not post the three screen shots I asked for , only two of them. Why did you not post [Link Devices] as I asked?
  4. I did not ask you to use SIV to control the H80i so why did you do this rather than doing as I asked?
  5. You should try searching for error 31 and see if any of the other posts help you get the hardware working.
Sorry for not sending you all the images, I was busy yesterday and thanks again, apparently I fixed it. So with SIV, I clicked on link devices, as you can see in the image that I didn't send to you before. I clicked restart under the blue corsair integrated USB bridge. Opened up corsair link v4 and bamm my h80i magically showed up. Thank you again for helping wish you all the best. :)
Attached Images
File Type: png link devices.png (38.6 KB, 670 views)
File Type: png fixed with h80i.png (255.6 KB, 191 views)

Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 851271
Thumbs up Good. I suspect you effectively did #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathel12 View Post

apparently I fixed it. So with SIV, I clicked on link devices, as you can see in the image that I didn't send to you before. I clicked restart under the blue corsair integrated USB bridge.
Good. I suspect you effectively did #2. Pressing [Restart] also sets sensible names and if you now look in the HID section of Device Manager you should now see the two Corsair Integrated USB Bridge devices.

There is a ghost Corsair Integrated USB Bridge and if it was my system I would press [Uninstall] to remove it.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-09-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Old 05-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 851695
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Thanks for your comments everyone. Link v4.2.3.41 has been released.

The new discussion thread is located here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158736

This thread is now closed.

Closed Thread