The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2016, 02:29 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 846948
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow To visibly address issues they need to be itemised in a list of outstanding issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxbeard View Post
Not true. Wait for it... We're working on a build that should address this issue. Stay tuned.
It is true as Corsair had not clearly stated this before. To visibly address issues they needs to be itemised list of outstanding known issues with links back to the original posts.

When I post an itemised list of 52 issues an appropriate response from Corsair would have an itemised list of 52 replies. I suspect Corsair are fixing some of the issues and the issue I have is that there is no way for me to know, so this is not visible.

Corsair have also still totally failed to address the first post I made to this thread and most of my other posts. If you also follow the links in the following posts you will find yet more issues that I have been reporting since the initial release of CL4 that have not been visibly addressed. Corsair Cxxxx has also failed to reply to my e-mails and the reply I got to my ticket #6526624 from Corsair Support was far from helpful.

Here is an itemised list of issues I mentioned to get you started:
  1. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=833499
  2. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=841278
  3. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=833532
  4. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=833695
  5. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=833699
  6. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=834459
  7. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=836506
  8. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=836736
  9. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=837364
Note that some of the entries itemise up to 52 issues and I expect I reported other issues I could add to the list.

There are also the bugs in the CL Mini firmware that need to be addressed that have now been outstanding since 20-Nov-2014
  1. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134621
  2. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=757703
  3. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137364
  4. It would be good to know if CL4 should be able to update CL Mini, H110iGT, H110i, H100i and H80i firmware. As far as I can tell this is not possible.
I suspect others are also in the same position and I feel they should also reply to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
OK the TCP port is now 10801, but how do I change this please? The release notes should also state it's TCP port 10801. Thank you for adding this, next the list of outstanding issues? I also feel having the Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.2.2.27 link would be good as this would make it easier to get the CL 4.2.2.27 release.

Where is the list of outstanding issues? As far as I can tell none of the issues I raised about CL 4.2.1.42 have been addressed.

In my initial testing when I exit CL4 4.2.2.27 it is sometimes still holding the lock which causes issues for other programs. Below you can see it counting up, 'till finally SIV detects CL4 has failed to release it and attempts to clean up the mess. Can CL4 be changed to correctly use the Mutex I proposed a long time ago?

I updated my ticket #6526624 to state as above which includes a link to this post to try and get an answer from Corsair and was less than happy with the reply which is as below.

What has been addressed? The service alone is using 39% of a CPU on my system with the GUI using yet more. This would be an even higher %, but much of the time the CPU was running at 3.1GHz rather than 1.2GHz . It's also still reporting my H80 as a Cooling node and the Devices panel is still not resizable.

Given that Controls Accepted does not have the SERVICE_ACCEPT_POWEREVENT bit set please can you specify how the CL4 service deals with resuming from sleep and hibernate?

Why do I need to install it and check? You almost seem to be stating that the list of resolved issues is not complete, is this the case?

What is specified to happen on my AX1500i, a AX860i and my AX760i?
Quote:
When I tell CL 4.2.2.27 to run my 4-pin PWM 10,000 RPM Fan at 500 RPM it runs at 1,644 RPM. As you can see SIV can run them at 500 RPM so CL4 should be able to, please fix this. This also needs fixing for Custom Curves as does the 4,000 RPM upper RPM limit.

The low PWM % limit of 40% is also far too high for these fans. Please allow any PWM % from 0 to 100. Ideally 0 % PWM would stop the fan.
Quote:
I just got a BSOD and when I analysed the attached mini-dump file I can see it was caused by SiUSBXp.sys which is the Asetek Cooler + AXi PSU driver.

Needless to say I am none to pleased by this and look forward to a corrected driver being made available. Below is some of the WINDBG analysis which was limited as a don't have the .PDB file. I feel you should make it available to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K View Post
They ask us to spend a lot of time and effort to test this sw and report back.
What do you get for your efforts? Nothing. They don't address your findings.

Really?

Do Red-ray the curtesy of replying to his efforts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO302LX View Post
From what I gather, there are no Corsair Software Development people in this forum. The Corsair Employees of this forum seem to just monitor it?

Last edited by red-ray; 04-15-2016 at 01:37 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847049
Xiltyn Reputation: 10

Wow Red you are nothing if not persistent :)

Yeah I could have provided the link logs and they MIGHT have given an idea if the logs actually recorded what was going on those last couple of seconds before the system froze up, or I should say saved what had been recorded. Big shot in the dark there but yeah at this point with no response to anyone I'm just going to wait until I see people posting appreciation for actually getting these issues fixed. Just not worth it to me to continue to risk my new machine. Sucks that it took a reformat to get rid of the issues link was causing but that is a lot of a lot better than having to replace parts of my rig all because one piece of software screwed up the cooling. Only more salt on the wound that the software was supposed to improve it...

Thanks for your diligence and here's to hoping you start getting some responses.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:34 AM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847536

Well fiddling around with stuff today and bouncing around on the interwebz I found AMD Chipset, AHCI, USB 3.0 and RAID Drivers while trying to figure out why I was having issues with my 3.0 hubs. Now I personally am not sure how these would affect link but after getting them installed and seeing my usb 3.0s appearing to be working right again decided to give link another try if for no other reason than to help rule out an issue for what was causing my system to freeze up. (Also because windows was having issues with my H100i gtx or reporting that it was anyways.)

So far no freeze but I am seeing some high ram and cpu usage.

I dl'd your SIV Red-Ray and wow too much info for this would be technowonk :p Good stuff man.

So everything appears to be working well except for some reason the H100i GTX Fan (Not Pump) is jumping from 0 RPM to 1920 RPM at least as far as Link is reporting. The H100i is hooked up to the commander mini, so too all the rest of my cooling.

I disabled the fans in bios. Do NOT have AI Suite installed.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:38 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847544
Arrow Quote the numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiltyn View Post
So far no freeze but I am seeing some high ram and cpu usage.
You should Quote the numbers. The SIV 5.09 Menu->Windows->Services->CL4 Control panel will provide the CPU usage. I am also wondering exactly what CL hardware you have so a post of [Link Status] would be good.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847574

Well hopefully these turn out, but it appears I spoke a bit too soon. I did see one freeze over night when running a more hardware intensive game (The Division) but honestly I'm not exactly sure if that was caused by Link or the game it's self although the game was running without freezing my computer before I reinstalled Link.

Unfortunately it's rough to diagnose at the moment due to the game having some bad coding, AMDs display drivers having issues (right now telling me my monitor doesn't support freesync when it most certainly does 16.4.1 AMD driver, also not keeping my vid card fans running properly so I'm actually using Sapphire's TriXX for that at the moment.)

Last edited by Xiltyn; 04-16-2016 at 09:05 AM.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:21 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847577
Default CL4 using 15% of a CPU is excessive

Quote:
Well hopefully these turn out
They did not. I find the best option is to use Manage Attachments and attach the .PNGs to the post which is what I did. The other is [Link Devices] rather than [Link Status].

I feel the CL4 Service using 15% of a CPU is excessive.

Quote:
The H100i GTX Fan (Not Pump) is jumping from 0 RPM to 1920 RPM at least as far as Link is reporting.
Is it just the H100iGTX speed that jumps for does the CPU Fan also do this? What does [Cooling Status] report after SIV has been running for 5 or more minutes?
Attached Images
File Type: png [CLink4Service].png (238.1 KB, 566 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 04-16-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847600
Default here ya go Red-ray

Well it WAS the H100i GTX Fan that was reporting as jumping in speed but clearly were not actually jumping. I got some rest and come back to my computer and they are back to a solid number... did not even turn my computer off so not sure what happened there.

WTH ... so I dual monitor and have link up on the second monitor. I posted this originally 20 minutes or so ago and I look to the right and see the h100i fan speed jumping from 0 to 1860 to 240 to 1920 to 0 to....
Attached Images
File Type: png third shot for red-ray.png (46.3 KB, 557 views)
File Type: png fourth shot for Red-Ray.png (42.8 KB, 568 views)

Last edited by Xiltyn; 04-16-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:38 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847614
Default The H100iGTX sample counts are low

Quote:

Well it WAS the H100i GTX Fan that was reporting as jumping in speed but clearly were not actually jumping. I got some rest and come back to my computer and they are back to a solid number... did not even turn my computer off so not sure what happened there.
The H100iGTX sample counts are low. They should all be 302, but the temp + pump are 300 and the fan is 295. I suspect the H100iGTX is reporting zero values from time to time.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847617
Default yup

Quote:
The H100iGTX sample counts are low. They should all be 302, but the temp + pump are 300 and the fan is 295. I suspect the H100iGTX is reporting zero values from time to time.
Yup, indeed it is.

Old 04-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847618
Question Where does the H100iGTX get it's power from?

Quote:
Yup, indeed it is.
Where does the H100iGTX get it's power from and how come none of the motherboard fans report the H100iGTX fan speed?

Old 04-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847620

All connected through the mini commander.

H100i is connected to slot 1 on the mini and it's rad fans connected to it. Power through onboard USB.
2 is rear case exhaust fan.
3 & 4 are front case intake fans.
5 & 6 are side case panel intake fans.
C70 Case.

Honestly I'm not even sure what fan is supposed to be the H100i fan other than the two radiator fans it doesn't have a fan, a pump sure but not a fan.

Last edited by Xiltyn; 04-16-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Old 04-17-2016, 04:08 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847641
Thumbs down You have a H100iGTX, not a H100i.

Quote:
H100i is connected to slot 1 on the mini and it's rad fans connected to it. Power through onboard USB.
  1. You have a H100iGTX, not a H100i, use the correct name .
  2. The H100iGTX get's it's power from the fan header, not USB. USB is 5 volts and the fans a 12 volts!
  3. I have never seen a CLCC being used to power a H100iGTX, but I expect this should work.
  4. How do you have CLCC Fan 1 configured and does the CLCC report it as 3-pin or 4-pin? The Tool Tip on [Link Fans] will tell you.
  5. As you change the H100iGTX fan speed does CLCC Fan 1 also change?
  6. It should and if it does then I expect the H100iGTX is faulty and this is why you get the jumping issue.

Last edited by red-ray; 04-17-2016 at 07:58 AM.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847684

#1 Bad form on my part, my bad.
#2 Aye.
#3 Well according to the product sheets it should work, has been anyways although that makes me wonder if I shouldn't put it back to on board.
#4 Screen shot below.
#5 FREAKING SIGH! Yup If I change the H100iGTX fan speed sure enough fan #1 speed changes.
Okay on that note: What hydro do you suggest? H115i?
(really sorry on the bad form in terminology I get to short handing things too often)
Attached Images
File Type: png fifth shot for red-ray.png (48.6 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Xiltyn; 04-17-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:55 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847685
Arrow H110i or H110iGT

Quote:
6) Okay on that note: What hydro do you suggest? H115i?
  1. Many do this and often I don't know what cooler they really have. The names chosen by Corsair are half the problem.
  2. OK
  3. I would have set Fixed PWM and 100 % (255).
  4. Thank you, though a Tool Tip would have been good. It's reporting CLCC Fan 1 as 4-pin PWM which seems wrong to me as the H100iGTX has a 3-pin header.
  5. This is what I guessed.
  6. I am firmly in the CoolIT camp so H110i or H110iGT, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986.
Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Fans] with a Tool Tip.png (79.3 KB, 134 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 04-17-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:29 PM
Xiltyn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 847703
Default hrmmmm

okay so:
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Extrem...dp_ob_title_ce
or
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Perfor...ywords=h110igt

Amazon is claiming the H110i is the newer model and I'm not sure if that is correct or not. Plus not even sure if the newer model would be what I'd want.

Figured you didn't need the tooltip so I left that out but yeah attached is with it.
Attached Images
File Type: png corrected fourth.png (50.8 KB, 126 views)

Closed Thread