Old 05-27-2016, 03:23 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854869
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Do as I specified before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2121 View Post
Corsair Link 4 service is using 1 core at 100%.
Do as I specified before to check if a thread is spinning. You have 8 CPUs so it will be 12.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Were it my system I would run PE (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/...or=-2147217396) and look at the thread properties to see if one thread was using 25% (100% of one CPU). Ideally post a screen shot.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:37 PM
mechpro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 854982
mechpro Reputation: 10
Thumbs up National treasure

Red Ray, you are a national treasure

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:55 PM
chrisk1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 858977
chrisk1 Reputation: 10

Just got the commander mini today, and I am getting a constant 13%-16% CPU load with version 4.2.3.41

Old 08-22-2016, 04:10 AM
Viking2121's PC Specs

POST ID # = 868239
Viking2121 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Do as I specified before to check if a thread is spinning. You have 8 CPUs so it will be 12.5%
I can't seem to get it to do it again, it kept doing it over and over for like a week before I closed and uninstalled it as I keep the pump on the Sata power anyway and the fans I got on a fan controller.

Although now I tried to reinstall it, the newest version 4.2.4.25 (Windows zip and 7-zip kept throwing out invalid errors, but it extracted anyway) I installed it and its running fine other than the CPU usage I still consider a bit too high, the service is around 1 - 5% load where the software where the GUI I presume is using 3% consistently at 190mb memory being used.

Its not really much of a problem I guess as performance in games are still more than great, but games like GTA5 the CPU is pretty much at 100% all the time as it is.

Anyway my FX8320 system thats at 4.4ghz Corsair link is using 15% CPU on that, though its spread out among cores (I don't have access to that system right now). Lead me to this fourm again tring to fix it lol.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:26 PM
i3v's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931597
i3v Reputation: 10

For me (Windows 10 x64 1709 build 16299.125) "Corsair LINK 4 Service (32 bit)" (version 4.9.3.25) constantly eats 3-6%, plus "CorsairLink4.exe" eats about 1%. (CPU is 6-core, with HT). That is, Corsair tool is not "completely eating one core" but it definitely eats more than a normal background process.

The "Process Hacker" tool shows that there seem to be a pool of threads doing something. Not a single thread "spinning".

It looks like each thread is active for a very short while, and then it's inactive for a quite long period. Though, other threads become active. (See screenshots attached). Also, here's a dump of "CorsairLink4.Service".

There are two similar topics (about high, but not "completely eating one core" CPU usage), at least: 1,2.
Attached Images
File Type: png processes.png (23.2 KB, 740 views)
File Type: png threads.png (111.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: png Stack of a thread with high CPU usage.png (82.4 KB, 84 views)

Old 12-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931634
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

That behavior isn't super unusual with Link, though the upcoming 4.9.4 release may help alleviate it a little. It's tough to know how much it should or shouldn't be consuming without both system specs and the amount of our gear you have installed.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:07 PM
i3v's PC Specs

POST ID # = 931647
i3v Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
That behavior isn't super unusual with Link, though the upcoming 4.9.4 release may help alleviate it a little.
Sounds good. Better performance is always greatly appreciated .

Quote:
It's tough to know how much it should or shouldn't be consuming without both system specs and the amount of our gear you have installed.
  1. OK, I've added current system spec to the profile. This is a strange system .
  2. PSU is the only item from Corsair. And, actually, the only item I want to monitor with this tool.
  3. ... however, it looks like it is not possible to show "just data from RM1000i". It is not possible to get rid of any sensors, even those that are not actually present and showing dummy values.
  4. Indeed, it is hard to estimate what CPU use is "OK", but I use SpeedFan 4.52 to monitor temperatures & fan speeds, and it uses ~0.15% CPU to display the same values (except data from RM1000i).

PS. I don't think I need to keep Corsair Link ON all the time. So there's no big problems anyway. But it just doesn't feel right....

Old 12-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 931775

Yeah, unfortunately Link can't - at least not currently - hide sensors. Note SpeedFan may also conflict a bit with Link. CPU usage on Link is always a little meaty, not horrible but not as lightweight as SpeedFan.

Honestly you're probably better off just loading Link only when you want to monitor the PSU reading.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 12-30-2017, 04:36 AM

POST ID # = 932968
Templ4r Reputation: 10

Hi,

I have the latest Corsair Link 4 application version and also can see that the application service maxes up to 1.4% CPU usage, out of my 6 cores CPU.
I did not have any previous version before this one, so can't really say if it was improved or not.

However, i did notice that this application logs system status by default into C:\ProgramData\CLink4 folder, into 2 logs.
I disabled the automatic debug logging and cleared the content of the log files, just to save on some SSD space and lower the activity (as it constantly writes into them), but it did not affect the CPU usage activity that much.

Same thing i have done with ASUS GPU Tweak2 which monitors the GPU, but it wasn't taking that much of CPU usage activity anyway (again, just saved on some SSD space and activity).

Any chance the CPU usage activity will be reduced in the next releases?
Having 1.4% out of 6 cores package is pretty unusual for a program in my taste.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 933419

What are you using Link to control?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:44 AM

POST ID # = 933477

Quote:
What are you using Link to control?
Hi,

Nothing serious, just monitoring the system from it.
Didn't do any changes on the software but changing the preset from Balanced to Quite.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 933559

So you don't have any Corsair products connected?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:40 PM

POST ID # = 933565

Quote:
So you don't have any Corsair products connected?
I have the Corsair Hydro H110i 280mm Extreme Performance, which i set to Quiet profile as in Balanced its pretty loud for me (radiator fans are on default).

Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 PM
jasonelmore's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937433
jasonelmore Reputation: 10

I'm also having this same issue except it's starting to affect my desktop UI performance. My task manager CPU Graph looks like a square wave from an oscilloscope. I have a 7900X which is a 10c/20t processor and it's at constant 5% usage on Corsair Link. It doesnt matter if I have graphing enabled or not.

I have 6 Corsair LLRGB 140mm fans with a lighting node pro and a HX1000i PSU all running on corsair link.

Any news on a fix? running the latest version of Link atm.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:42 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937443
DevBiker Reputation: 88

There are two processes associated with Link ... the UI and the service. Which one is consuming that much CPU? Or is it both combined?
What happens if you exit Link and then restart?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.