The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 08-28-2015, 08:42 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803464
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Ray,this is my feedback,I feel this is what would make it work for me...

Old 08-28-2015, 09:02 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803468
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Why have you decided not to give me direct feedback on this?
If your referring to a pm/email,I felt this avenue best in order to garner exposure as I'm sure others must feel as I do.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803470

Ive seen numerous requests made by users that were implemented,why not mine?
While I dont know but is a UI that complicated or time consuming to implement or does it cause issues getting sensors established with a UI or?

Old 08-29-2015, 04:12 AM
antonyfrn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803486
antonyfrn Reputation: 20

Red-ray do you have any plans to make SIV more user friendly with the GUI? I like how SIV has a lower system foot print and use it once in a while to help troubleshoot any issues.

Old 08-29-2015, 06:57 PM
Administrator
Wired's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803670
Wired Reputation: 32

Disclaimer: I haven't checked out the software in a while. Writing this from memory.

May want to allow users to customize their own diagnostic screen by dragging and dropping windows around various sensor information, and have a tabbed interface so users can further customize the UI.

Now having said that, You're probably off better setting up your own forum or taking the UI discussion to a Google Plus page or something.
Admin of this forum / webdesignforums.net / Petri's IT Forum / The Corsair Memory Steam Group
Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT (Coming Soon)

Last edited by Wired; 08-29-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Old 08-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803906
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question Square peg in a round hole?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonyfrn View Post
Red-ray do you have any plans to make SIV more user friendly with the GUI? I like how SIV has a lower system foot print and use it once in a while to help troubleshoot any issues.
SIV was designed for uber geeks to report every possible detail about their system and troubleshoot issues rather than a simple to use utility just to control CL hardware. I currently feel I should not make any large UI changes as the current UI is fine for my target SIV user and the feedback I get from them is that I should not change it. I suspect whatever changes I make some will keep asking for SIV to be more user friendly.

I added CL reporting to SIV as CL did not correctly report this system and did not report the information I wished to see. Next I added CL control as I was told this was very hard, was the reason CL had issues and I would never be able to make it work reliably which was effectively a red rag to a bull! The CL support in SIV is less than 3% of the total code.

I guess I may make a few small changes, what changes would you like me to make please?

Last edited by red-ray; 08-30-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: I have decided only to make small UI changes.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:49 AM

POST ID # = 803956
bluescholar Reputation: 10

Hi, I'm new to CL and haven't made the jump yet but will do so soon. I have a question regarding SIV. Is the program autonomous or does it require you have the CL software installed as a prerequisite or to have running in conjunction with SIV?

Thanks.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:27 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 803961
Arrow How to setup things to use SIV to control CL hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescholar View Post
Hi, I'm new to CL and haven't made the jump yet but will do so soon. I have a question regarding SIV. Is the program autonomous or does it require you have the CL software installed as a prerequisite or to have running in conjunction with SIV?
Thank you for asking. The exact rules depend on what CL hardware you have and if firmware needs to be updated. What I recommend is:
  1. Install CL.
  2. Stop CL from running when the system is started.
  3. Use CL to do any firmware updates.
  4. Exit CL and never run CL again.
  5. SIV is totally autonomous from CL.
  6. SIV will not report CL hardware if CL3 is running and you should never start CL3 when SIV is reporting CL3 hardware.
  7. When CL4 is active it's OK to run SIV, but you should not use SIV in -AIOCTL mode.
When setting up SIV I recommend:
  1. Extract SIV.zip into C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar.
  2. Run SIV, press the V in the [Status|V] button and navigate to Configure->SIV Qualifiers.
  3. Select -AIOCTL + -SINGLE and press [Save].
  4. Exit and restart SIV.
  5. Use [Link Status] to check SIV has detected all your CL hardware.
  6. If [Link Status] is not available post [USB Bus] + [Link Devices] screen shots and ask for help.
  7. Use Configure->Link Export to set the names you wish to use then press [Save].
  8. Use [Link Fans] to setup the custom curves etc. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=794777.
  9. Use [Link Lights] to setup the lighting.
  10. SIV is now setup.
  11. If you get stuck then ask for help and include a screen shot.
See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=821198 for the SIV User Guide.

Last edited by red-ray; 07-28-2017 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Update for CL3 vs. CL4

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:03 AM

POST ID # = 803962
bluescholar Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Thank you for asking...

Ah great, that's what I wanted to hear and thanks for the timely answer. I really look forward to learning and using your program.

Cheers.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:51 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 813786
Default [Link Power], 0.5% Dodgy Firmware

I am currently adding support to SIV to setup AXi PSU OCP settings. SIV 5.04 Beta-21 can now report these for my AX1500i and I would like to know what SIV reports other AXi PSU models so if you have one please post a screen shot.

I also noticed that with my AX1500i SIV needs to retry things 0.5% of the time and I am wondering if this is the case for other PSUs.

Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Power] AX1500i.png (74.3 KB, 959 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 11-02-2015 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Reate is 0.5% when I also count the PCIe currents

Old 10-18-2015, 05:46 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 814972
Default Custom Curve support for AXi, HXi and RMi PSU Fans

I have now uploaded SIV 5.04 Beta-24 which implements Custom Curve support for AXi, HXi and RMi PSU Fans.

Below is what I get on my AX1500i with the fan starting when needed to maintain the desired temperature. When the temperature is below Point 1 the fan is stopped. I suspect the default points are not ideal so feedback on what you find works well would be good so I can update them.

Quote:

Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Fans].png (73.9 KB, 967 views)
File Type: png [Cooling Status].png (83.2 KB, 1003 views)

Old 10-19-2015, 05:23 AM
BioProf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 815144
BioProf Reputation: 13
Default Not seeing all disks

Red,
I moved from Win 7 Home to Win 8.1 Pro last week and I'm having a bit of trouble getting SIV set back up. Everything is good except one of my disks (one of two WD Blacks) is missing from "Disk Status" and "Synthetics". I can see both from "SCSI" and "Device ID".

I could see both when I was running Win 7, so I don't think it is a hardware issue. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know which additional screens I might need to post.
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SIV - Device IDs.jpg (409.8 KB, 349 views)
File Type: jpg SIV - Disk Status.jpg (85.0 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg SIV - SCSI.jpg (143.9 KB, 228 views)

Old 10-19-2015, 05:33 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 815145

Most strange and thank you for reporting this. What do Menu->Devices->CSMI RAID and Menu->Devices->SMART report?

I think I need some debug information. From an admin command window CD to the SIV folder and then issue the command:

SIV64X -DBGSDM -SAVE=[overview][sensors][sdm][smart][raid]=SIV_DBGOUT.txt > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more

and either post of e-mail me the two SIV_DBGOUT.log + SIV_DBGOUT.txt files.

Last edited by red-ray; 10-19-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Old 10-19-2015, 06:23 AM
BioProf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 815150
BioProf Reputation: 13

I can see both on the RAID screen, but not the SMART screen. Looks like there is an error thrown on the logs.

I'm headed to the office, so I will not have access to the system until this evening.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SIV - CMSIRaid.jpg (149.3 KB, 981 views)
File Type: jpg SIV - Smart.jpg (89.7 KB, 214 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt siv_dbgout.txt (10.2 KB, 188 views)
File Type: txt siv_dbgout.log.txt (2.8 KB, 180 views)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 815152

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioProf View Post
I can see both on the RAID screen, but not the SMART screen. Looks like there is an error thrown on the logs.
Thank you, but you typed -DBGOUT rather than -DBGSDM, please rerun the command. Please check the file generated is similar to the attached.

Given all the drives are reported below I can't see why one was not detected on start-up so hopefully the -DBGSDM information will provide some insight. I noticed there is a silly temperature of 127°C reported so I added [sensors] so I can fix this.

SIV64X -DBGSDM -SAVE=[overview][sensors][sdm][smart][raid]=SIV_DBGOUT.txt > SIV_DBGOUT.log | more

The [overview] in the save file was wonky and I have already fixed this but this is not related to the missing disk. It was down to a copy/paste oversight and the only release it's in is 5.03.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SIV_DBGOUT.log.txt (3.4 KB, 293 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 10-19-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Closed Thread