Corsair Community

Corsair HG10 on an R9 290 w/H100, cannot use AMD mounting bracket-help

feloniously

Ordered the HG10. Tore the Kraken off and started installing, everything went well until I got to mounting the H100 pump top. I used this previously on my system to cool my 8320, and for some dumb reason must have tossed the accompanying intel mounts.

So now I can't mount the cooler. The directions show a diagram of the intel and amd mounting positions (the typical square pattern for intel and the typical rectangular pattern for the amd setup).

Problem is, none, or at least most, of the Hydro series coolers use a 2-screw mounting bracket system for amd that is completely incompatible with the HG10.

Did the engineers/designers miss this and forget to add the two other holes?

Or am I somehow not interpreting the directions correctly?

It's either spend 30 to get the intel bracket, 50 for a used pump off CL, or I disassemble it and take it to my shop and tap two new holes in (which I'd rather not do)

any help is appreciated

Thanks

1853857685_h100andhg10.thumb.jpg.2fc45dfd8da719e0c21ac150b96c0f89.jpg

• 11 months later...

I know this is old, but this is the only post I've been able to find that talks about an original h100 with the HG10... I would like to see the mounting method used.

I too had my cooler on an AMD CPU and lost the intel brackets.

Tech support could not help as they tell me that the original H100 is not compatible with the HG10 for the GTX970. I know this was about the R9 but its the closest post I could find.

Any help, links or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Archived