The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 09:03 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 773826
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWRiDeR82 View Post
Agree..I was a Corsair fan..from case (obsidian 650d) to watercooling (H100i) to PSU.

I'm switching to NXZT case/cooler/cooling control. Had enough with Corsair. They are completely unprofessional.
Its unfortunate veering away from a well known brand like Corsair but what ever you decide on I think you'll find that every brand has its share of issues which is just the nature of the beast...

Old 04-21-2015, 07:04 AM
LoWRiDeR82's PC Specs

POST ID # = 773866
LoWRiDeR82 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Its unfortunate veering away from a well known brand like Corsair but what ever you decide on I think you'll find that every brand has its share of issues which is just the nature of the beast...
Yep I agree with you, but i've had corsair commander for more than 2 years and it has never worked as intended..not with windows 7, nor win 8, win 8.1...and on two different platforms.. an older core2quad, and a very new Z97..... I find that I've given corsair a lot of second chances... maybe the GRID+ will have similar problems, who knows, but at this point i'll try something new. Especially since customer support for corsair link is non existent.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:39 PM

POST ID # = 774254
Coolman101 Reputation: 10

Hi, guys/gals newbie here on the forums, I Have a couple ? for the owners of The corsair Link and led node, I Have purchased another corsair product 900D, Been a fan for many many years, Anyways I'm looking to get the link and Led node My questions Are, Is it worth it? realistically how many Fans can be hooked up to this unit (modding y splitters and such) I'm Running A custom loop with dual quad rads plus case fans, there is a ton of fans of course with any loop, Plus I will be running LED lighting throughout the case, I will be modding the Lighting also to use with other LED I Have a couple Frozen Q rezz's that have LED in them That I would like to control with the node also, So Should I go with the traditional Route, like 5.25 bay fan/led controller? the reason I brought it up in this forum is sounds like a lot of you are having troubles with the firmware/programming with the units, to be able to customize your rigs. I have no problem spending the money but if I'm going to get headaches like some of you, What's the benefits honestly? lol

Sorry for the book guy's and thanks for your patience with the NOOB!
Thanks
Coleman

Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 774478
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman101 View Post
Hi, guys/gals newbie here on the forums, I Have a couple ? for the owners of The corsair Link and led node, I Have purchased another corsair product 900D, Been a fan for many many years, Anyways I'm looking to get the link and Led node My questions Are, Is it worth it? realistically how many Fans can be hooked up to this unit (modding y splitters and such) I'm Running A custom loop with dual quad rads plus case fans, there is a ton of fans of course with any loop, Plus I will be running LED lighting throughout the case, I will be modding the Lighting also to use with other LED I Have a couple Frozen Q rezz's that have LED in them That I would like to control with the node also, So Should I go with the traditional Route, like 5.25 bay fan/led controller? the reason I brought it up in this forum is sounds like a lot of you are having troubles with the firmware/programming with the units, to be able to customize your rigs. I have no problem spending the money but if I'm going to get headaches like some of you, What's the benefits honestly? lol

Sorry for the book guy's and thanks for your patience with the NOOB!
Thanks
Coleman
You can add as many fans as desired using y splitters as long as you stay below the threshold of 2 amps per header or 4 amps max...
One mistake some make is using splitters and connecting fans that each have their own rpm wire,only one fan can have a rpm wire on the splitter and others need to be removed as having more than one signal will give erratic rpm readings...
Contrary to the issues you see on this board, the Mini commander is a good product and being this is a support board then problems are what will be seen here as users rarely come here to post that their problem free...

Last edited by wytnyt; 04-23-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:22 AM
swarfega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 774514
swarfega Reputation: 13

Their products which don't require software should be ok IMO. But I won't be using any of their products that do have a software element any more.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:37 PM
jvillaveces's PC Specs

POST ID # = 774697
jvillaveces Reputation: 20

Corsair makes fine hardware and terrible software. Their power supplies are fantastic, just don't plan to monitor or control them through Link; my AIO CPU cooler works flawlessly, and is perfectly happy controlled by the motherboard; their fans are some of the best, and I personally like their cases a lot. Their RAM is fantastic. Just make sure to stay as far as you can from Link: don't install it, don't plan for it, don't depend on it.
That's my opinion anyway.

Old 04-25-2015, 07:01 PM

POST ID # = 775270
Coolman101 Reputation: 10

Thanks for the feedback guys, Yeah I found that out about there software awhile ago, Hence (RGB K95) @ least it is a little better then launch was lol, I love there products They build great keyboards mice, headsets and cases love my 900D. And I love all my fans from them some of the best, IMO. I have come close to buying the corsair link many times but still sticking with the fan controllers that are on the market, for all the builds I do, Would love to go digital 1 day Just gotta wait till we get there I guess, 1 thing I Hate is being a BETA tester for high dollar items!, Well if they get it fixed one day, I will buy one and do a nice little YouTube walk threw video~!!

Again Thanks for the advice
Coleman.

Old 04-26-2015, 12:42 AM

POST ID # = 775318
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Saying that user of Corsair Link are Beta-testers, is way too kind. Right now any user of Corsair Link, can count themselves as a Pre-Alpha tester.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:22 AM
Nickslayer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776159
Nickslayer Reputation: 10
Thumbs down Why are we still waiting???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchips1 View Post
BTW: Take whatever time you need, just get it right, please
I don't think you understand what you said here ha ha ha.

Jokes aside people that come to the site to actually complain are the voices of the product. My friends, family and bloggers all listen to what I recommend because I take the time to post and read up on issues.

I would not recommend any of your products because customer satisfaction and relations are really important to me and no other company I have ever worked with has had this horrible excuse of a service delivery on their own faults.

Good bey Corsair

Old 04-29-2015, 10:36 PM

POST ID # = 776408
supergdog Reputation: 10

Nickslayer, dude if ya hate them that much then yea just go.

I've had nothing, but good CS from Corsair. The Corsair Link SW worked fine in Windows 8.1 for me. Not in Windows 10, but that's sorted to be expected. All customers have ups and downs with products and it sounds like you've just had a fairly down experience with at least their Link SW. So, yeah if Thermaltake or NZXT works better than go for it. Just my 2.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:02 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776411

Good bey and good day...

Old 05-02-2015, 02:18 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776877
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default Corsair should have already stated what their plans for W10 support are

I feel by now Corsair should have already stated what their plans for W10 support are. Further a status update about a fixed release of CL is long overdue.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:38 PM
snfo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 776993
snfo Reputation: 31

I bet it will be the same as it was with Windows 8

Old 05-04-2015, 01:30 PM

POST ID # = 777271
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfo View Post
I bet it will be the same as it was with Windows 8
I agree with your assessment. Win10 will be out soon, so Corsair may finally get a version of link that works with Win8, but even that is iffy! By the time we see Win11, we would be lucky to see something that works under Win10.

From Red-ray's findings regarding the USB serial numbering, it is clear that Corsair is way past their depth on these devices, and getting support in reasonable timeframes is unlikely to occur. They simply don't grasp the issues, and we aren't seeing any real difference in the way they are approaching these problems.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:01 AM
ApexAU's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777562
ApexAU Reputation: 13

I agree. Link is pretty much a lost cause in my opinion. I can't see it improving without a total overhaul which is unlikely to happen in the near future.

Closed Thread