The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 PM
The Doctor
Warboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662017
Warboy Reputation: 10
Send a message via AIM to Warboy Send a message via MSN to Warboy Send a message via Yahoo to Warboy Send a message via Skype™ to Warboy
Default Windows 8.1

Well, I figured someone should say it. Corsair Link doesn't work with Windows 8.1 Preview [should not change in retail either]

Any plans to fix this RAMGUY?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 662022
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I have not tried Windows 8.1 so I cant comment on it but if its BETA not final release I know we will not work on it till its in RC2 or final release. A lot of us already been there done that before with pre-release software only to find it totally change in its final release and had to write new code to over come it.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 PM
The Doctor
Warboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662025
Send a message via AIM to Warboy Send a message via MSN to Warboy Send a message via Yahoo to Warboy Send a message via Skype™ to Warboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
I have not tried Windows 8.1 so I cant comment on it but if its BETA not final release I know we will not work on it till its in RC2 or final release. A lot of us already been there done that before with pre-release software only to find it totally change in its final release and had to write new code to over come it.

Rumor is it is RC/RC2, Due out in August from the sound of it. I don't know if you want to contact people at microsoft to confirm that. But considering this Preview is available via the Windows Store. You should consider supporting it.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:09 AM

POST ID # = 662098
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

Just curious, what kind of problems are you experiencing with the software when using Windows 8.1 beta?

Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 AM
fredgagne79's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662102
fredgagne79 Reputation: 10
Default Same Problem

I've got the same problem since my update to Windows 8.1 preview:

Corsair Link software dosen't show the pump & fan speed anymore (show as 0 rpm)

I hope they're going to fix this in the final release!

Old 06-28-2013, 02:19 PM
The Doctor
Warboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662177

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredgagne79 View Post
I've got the same problem since my update to Windows 8.1 preview:

Corsair Link software dosen't show the pump & fan speed anymore (show as 0 rpm)

I hope they're going to fix this in the final release!
Their not even detected on my side. I'm assuming the driver is bad since Windows 8.1 uses WDDM 1.3 [normal 8 used 1.2, 7 used 1.1]

Old 06-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 662184

I am sorry but all I can tell you is that it is not supported and we only just added support for Windows 8 so I do not expect support for the next version of Windows till 6-12 Months after its official release. However, I would see if you can install in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 and make sure it is installed as an administrator.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 PM
The Doctor
Warboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 662268

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
I am sorry but all I can tell you is that it is not supported and we only just added support for Windows 8 so I do not expect support for the next version of Windows till 6-12 Months after its official release. However, I would see if you can install in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 and make sure it is installed as an administrator.
No that doesn't work, Already tried that. It needs a new driver for the internals. Test it yourself. This is basically a free upgrade from Windows 8. You guys need to jump on the ball.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 PM
VameqFytr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 664443
VameqFytr Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
No that doesn't work, Already tried that. It needs a new driver for the internals. Test it yourself. This is basically a free upgrade from Windows 8. You guys need to jump on the ball.
You, sir, are incredibly too grumpy that software doesn't work on a re-worked OS that's been released as a preview for a matter of days.

Stuff's going to be broken. Get over it.

Link seems to work fine other than the hardware monitor service. (Thus why the temps don't show) You can still enforce fan speeds and such with some limited functionality.

I'll check if there's a way to get the service installed, but I doubt it's possible until 8.1 is officially released and Corsair makes the necessary changes and verifies functionality.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM

POST ID # = 664455
oscillik Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VameqFytr View Post
You, sir, are incredibly too grumpy that software doesn't work on a re-worked OS that's been released as a preview for a matter of days.

Link seems to work fine other than the hardware monitor service. (Thus why the temps don't show) You can still enforce fan speeds and such with some limited functionality.

I'll check if there's a way to get the service installed, but I doubt it's possible until 8.1 is officially released and Corsair makes the necessary changes and verifies functionality.
so you're saying we can still control fan speeds in Windows 8.1? that's all I'm bothered about at the moment.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 664513

Quote:
Yes Sir we will do that when it is released. Until then I am sorry that is just not going to happen

Old 07-13-2013, 11:38 PM
The Doctor
Warboy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 664800

Quote:
Originally Posted by VameqFytr View Post

I'm not being grumpy, Im just stating facts, and no you can't use fan control. That's has to use the driver too. So I have no idea where you pull that out of.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:55 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 664802
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
I'm not being grumpy, Im just stating facts, and no you can't use fan control. That's has to use the driver too. So I have no idea where you pull that out of.
how can you possibly expect corsair to support this when it hasnt been officially released yet?
microsoft needs to collaborate with corsair and that wont happen till its released.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:40 AM
riscorpian's PC Specs

POST ID # = 665656
riscorpian Reputation: 10

I've been running the latest Link beta with 8.1 for a while now. It does work, but only with a little extra effort. It seems to be a gamble every time I start it up. Most of the time, all readings are blank. Heading to Options and restarting the service fixes this though. Other than that, everything seems fine to me. The only other annoyance I've encountered is the software's determination to start on my primary monitor, despite me constantly moving it to the secondary screen. But that has nothing to do with the particular OS being run. It just does that regardless (I had the same problem on 8).

Old 07-22-2013, 11:29 AM

POST ID # = 666096
sprocket777 Reputation: 10

I have tried everything and can't get the software to work in 8.1. My fans and the cooler are not even being detected.