The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.79 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594334
Ryld Baenre Reputation: 10

When changing the colour of the LEDs it saves it to the profile and functions fine for the rest of the time in that session of windows. After a restart the lights are defaulting to dark blue instead of aqua/turquoise. Once I open the software they stay the dark blue colour until I move the slider to change colour. The light then changes to the desired colour.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594335
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
The service will always be running in the background. Even when the program is not running. Optimization of resources is always on the table and we will continue to look at trimming it down.
ive noticed link will also use 15+ percent load also but will drop to near zero load when minimized to tray.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:44 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594448
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

my case is clear on 3 sides and the temp feature is one i like the most,thx for posting this bug as itll keep me from changing over myself.

how well does it monitor hard drive functions?

Last edited by wytnyt; 08-04-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Ryld Baenre's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594486
Ryld Baenre Reputation: 10

Not sure what exactly you're asking wytnyt, what other functions? Temperature is the only option it gives under the config panel for each HDD label but it doesn't appear to be functional at this time. Unless the caviar black doesn't have a temp sensor that works properly. I did some digging and wasn't able to figure that out.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:53 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594490

im sorry ryld,i meant hd function not functionS
does it monitors hard drive temps properly?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 PM
usmarine0622's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594491
usmarine0622 Reputation: 10

Hey guys I installed 2.0.16 and updated the firmware, the software is only detecting 1 of the 2 7970's I have installed in my system

Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 PM
software alchemist
eodo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594492
eodo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
ive noticed link will also use 15+ percent load also but will drop to near zero load when minimized to tray.
I noticed two things:
  1. First after uninstalling, removing any Corsair 1.x leftovers and reinstalling 2.16 beta the load was less, but of course more when the GUI was up vs minimized.
  2. Second was encountering issues with LED control not working correctly based on temp group. It was like you had to keep resetting LED control to normal and then back to temp for them to work for me.

None of that was earth shattering, that was this evenings events! (Or ultimately lack there of)!!!

Appears the entire CL Commander freaked! All my fan control, disappeared to the point of almost cooking my CPU over 70C! Not a single fan (which were all under CL control) were or would spin.

Shutdown and retired to no avail, checking connections, nothing... just everything connected to commander (except lightening, yeah) was gone!

Until all Link hardware was removed and fans hooked to direct power or motherboard fan headers was everything under control again.

This of course was not good. Not sure if result of beta firmware on the commander, CL hardware failure or what. But something in the Link world in my setup almost toasted my box.

So for now, I will let support try to determine best path forward since my troubles with the beta maybe 100% CL commander failure or some supporting CL device (cooling or lightening) having actual hardware issues. Just frightening to think if CL as the middleman fails your entire rig could go up in smoke. Brings a whole new view to fan control that I never worried about.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:07 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594494

if tj max was reached ,the computer would shut itself down,a safety feature built into the mb
and yes it does work as my 2600 has reached that point many times.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:10 PM
software alchemist
eodo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594495
eodo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
if tj max was reached ,the computer would shut itself down,a safety feature built into the mb
and yes it does work as my 2600 has reached that point many times.
Ya, I know that, I was talking more in metaphorically sense, since my dual GTX670 would have hit much higher temps than the processor.

Thankfully my Asus MB was the one that detected the issue and was the one that saved my backside. But still not good when the product line (CL) is so pricing and it appears I am not the only one that has had "issues" with the product line if you read the forums and tubes.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594496

oh i agree there are bugs that need to be addressed,fortunately corsair are diligently working hard to resolve these issues

Old 08-05-2012, 01:49 AM
bee144's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594506
bee144 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmarine0622 View Post
Hey guys I installed 2.0.16 and updated the firmware, the software is only detecting 1 of the 2 7970's I have installed in my system
Yes, one of my GTX 275's isn't showing up. Do you have a failed cooling temp flashing red?

Old 08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Revans310's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594604
Revans310 Reputation: 10

The only problem I'm having its not reading my 2nd Harddrive temps right.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594622
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodo View Post
Ya, I know that, I was talking more in metaphorically sense, since my dual GTX670 would have hit much higher temps than the processor.

Thankfully my Asus MB was the one that detected the issue and was the one that saved my backside. But still not good when the product line (CL) is so pricing and it appears I am not the only one that has had "issues" with the product line if you read the forums and tubes.
Good grief.....I wonder what the policy is if this hardware causes your pc to fry..... >.< anyhow back to beta testing ........lawl......gimme the dam link for free as I have been the beta tester for so long corsair!!!.....lol...... on a serious note make sure you havn't "bricked" your cooling node, as mine and many others have had this happen when trying to update the firmware which would result in total lose of all controls that is connected to that node.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
bee144's PC Specs

POST ID # = 594965
bee144 Reputation: 10

I installed my AX1200i yesterday and I like its integration so far. It was my understanding though that I would be able to see each output port on the PSU and how much each "line" was drawing out. I realize this is beta but at the same time there is a lot a potential here.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to log the different items like power in and power out. As of right now you can only log the 1200i temp and fan speed.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
snef's PC Specs

POST ID # = 595014
snef Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmarine0622 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee144 View Post
Yes, one of my GTX 275's isn't showing up. Do you have a failed cooling temp flashing red?
Same thing for me

2.0.16 only detecting 1 of my 3 7970
but no flashing
and need minimize to tray

thanks

Last edited by snef; 08-07-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: removed specs; already in profile