Corsair Community

Service after warranty period

Ateryx

I recently got a Corsair ONE i140 and am absolutely amazed at it's performance. A few topics on this forum have already indicated that upgrading components may not be possible in the future, but is it possible to send it back to Corsair for service if something breaks after the 2 year warranty?

Say the GPU or CPU dies at year 4, are you just SOL at that point because Corsair uses specialized versions of the 2080 or 9700K (or do they?)? If it is specialized, will it be possible to send it back to Corsair for service (paid service, obviously)

• 2 weeks later...

So from the lack of reply, I'll assume this service is not planning to be offered.

Is there a more in-depth spec sheet for what model GPU and AIOs are used for the system so we can fix it up ourselves if something fails?

I know the GPU model is the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 VENTUS 8G OC, but I haven't been able to find one with only one fan (like the one that is used in the i140).

Hi Ateryx!

I’m surprised they never responded to you but I hope I can help out. Both the CPU and GPU are standard components you can purchase off the shelf; what is unique is the coolers for them. As long as the cooler is still functioning you should be able to transplant it to your new component as long as it is the same. The issue comes when upgrading the GPU later down the line as it has a specialized cooler and usually can’t be used on a different GPU. I would assume they have a way to send in your computer to repair the coolers if they fail, but I have not seen anything about it.

The coolers use standard Corsair pump/block combos with custom speed profiles, tubing, and radiators which are unavailable for purchase. I also believe the ICUE data is stored in the CPU cooler so if you replaced it with something else I don’t think ICUE will recognize your PC anymore.

Sorry for the essay lol, hope it helps!

Hey Remorage,

Thanks for getting back to me! Good to know that the CPU and GPU are 100% off the shelf. Hopefully it'll be possible to get a replacement cooling system + slim radiator from Corsair if something happens to them in like 5 years :/

I guess if push comes to shove, you could transplant everything into a more traditional case (rip ONE's form factor).