The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Black Fire's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777031
Black Fire Reputation: 10
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
The Commanders are the hardware side where the Corsair Link is the software side
Thank you. That is the answer that I was looking for.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:39 AM

POST ID # = 777038
Krachbummente Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
If you don't have CL running then HWiNFO should report most CL devices as should my SIV utility which can also control CL hardware. Currently HWiNFO and SIV cannot report the H100iGTX (Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device) as this uses a different protocol to the earlier Corsair Integrated USB Bridge devices.
Well, my aim is to fix the issues with the sensing in the link software because my curves won't properly work at the current state of it.
I have a commander mini and the sensors read out are always jumping around or stuck (as mentioned in post #179).

When I launch HWiNFO, it claims that there can be issues with the reading when running the link software at the same time.
So, how should I proceed at this point? I bought the commander to control my fans but somehow it is not able to read out the temps of my hardware in any reliable way...

Old 05-03-2015, 09:33 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777041
red-ray Reputation: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krachbummente View Post
Well, my aim is to fix the issues with the sensing in the link software because my curves won't properly work at the current state of it.
I have a commander mini and the sensors read out are always jumping around or stuck (as mentioned in post #179).

When I launch HWiNFO, it claims that there can be issues with the reading when running the link software at the same time.
So, how should I proceed at this point? I bought the commander to control my fans but somehow it is not able to read out the temps of my hardware in any reliable way...
It is not safe to have both HWiNFO and CL reporting/controlling your CL hardware at the same time. This is because although HWiNFO uses the Global\Access_CorsairLink mutex to interlock access CL does not. Corsair have been asked to use the Global\Access_CorsairLink mutex in CL, but have declined to do so.

SIV uses the Global\Access_CorsairLink mutex so both HWiNFO and SIV can correctly report the CL hardware at the same time. SIV can also control most CL hardware provided to specify the -CRLCTL command line qualifier. When -CRLCTL is specified SIV will automatically disable EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled in the registry as needed for Windows 8 and then restart the device.

Both HWiNFO and SIV will only report AXi/HXi PSUs when they are connected via a CL Mini, H100i, H80i, etc. as thus far we have not figured out how to do this via the direct USB connection. Corsair have declined to provide the API specification.

When SIV starts it checks to see if CL is running and if so it will not access/report CL hardware. You can also explicitly tell it not to by specifying the -NOLINK command line qualifier. If SIV is running and you then start CL SIV will stop reporting CL hardware to try and avoid issues, but there is about a 200ms timing window which I can't do much about.

I tried to get Corsair to fix CL to correctly report my system (http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135091) and in the end gave up trying as I decided it would be more reliable if updated SIV to do this. I now only use CL to update the firmware.

Others use SIV rather than CL to control their CL hardware such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137428.

It would be easier to help with any issues if you setup of PC Specs.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-03-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:18 PM

POST ID # = 777084
Cldd Reputation: 10

I am experiencing an issue where the Corsair link software when started in the background does nothing until the software is manually opened.
It does not control the fan speeds, and only upon opening the software it realizes how hot the CPU is and corrects the fan speed.

I was not experiencing this problem on previous versions. I do not have other sensor monitoring software running.

I have to say, that a fan controller "forgetting" to update the fan speed, is kinda ironic.

On a plus note, Corsair Link doesn't use a ton of CPU anymore in this version, which is nice!

Old 05-03-2015, 02:36 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777087
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cldd View Post
I am experiencing an issue where the Corsair link software when started in the background does nothing until the software is manually opened.
It does not control the fan speeds, and only upon opening the software it realizes how hot the CPU is and corrects the fan speed.

I was not experiencing this problem on previous versions. I do not have other sensor monitoring software running.

I have to say, that a fan controller "forgetting" to update the fan speed, is kinda ironic.

On a plus note, Corsair Link doesn't use a ton of CPU anymore in this version, which is nice!
if the software isnt running then the hydro uses a default cooling profile which I suspect differs from your set profile.
What version of sw is being used an windows version?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:02 AM
BobbyFr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777216
BobbyFr Reputation: 11

Hi, quick question for red-ray: since I have issues controlling my fans with CL (5 fans connected on a commander mini + 2 fans on the H100i GTX connected to mobo cpu fan connector), I have been trying to control them with SIV. Unfortunately it doesn't work and I'm pretty sure it's because I didn't "specify the -CRLCTL command line qualifier", but I have no idea of what it means and how to do it. Could you please explain?
(Couldn't find any explanations on this forum or on google...)
I'm on Windows 7 64 bits and I have the latest SIV64X version

Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 AM

POST ID # = 777225
kaymanas Reputation: 10

Hi,

I've just started trying to use the corsair link software with the 100i but it fails to recognise the pump or the individual fans. It seems to have also bulk identified the fans as a motherboard CPU fan, presumably because the unit is plugged into the CPU_FAN1 socket. This is quite frustrating as the unit is crazy loud and I can't adjust it.

Is there a fix for this?

Old 05-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777232
Arrow How to specify -CRLCTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFr View Post
Hi, quick question for red-ray: since I have issues controlling my fans with CL (5 fans connected on a commander mini + 2 fans on the H100i GTX connected to mobo cpu fan connector), I have been trying to control them with SIV. Unfortunately it doesn't work and I'm pretty sure it's because I didn't "specify the -CRLCTL command line qualifier", but I have no idea of what it means and how to do it. Could you please explain?
(Couldn't find any explanations on this forum or on google...)
I'm on Windows 7 64 bits and I have the latest SIV64X version
Firstly the H100i GTX uses a different protocol to the H100i and as yet I have not figured out what it is and how to add support, so SIV will currently only report and control your CLCC.

To specify the -CRLCTL qualifier most create a shortcut similar to below and use that to start SIV. The [About] page lists many other command line qualifiers.

If there is still an issue post a screen shot of [Link Fans].

Do you have a Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter and if so does SIV report you Corsair RM750 OK? I expect it works, but have only tested with the Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter as I don't have an RM Series PSU.

Attached Images
File Type: png CRLCTL.png (24.8 KB, 582 views)

Old 05-04-2015, 12:29 PM
BobbyFr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777260

Great thank you Red-Ray! I'll give it a try tonight. I haven't paid attention if the RM750 is reported but I'll let you know.

Old 05-04-2015, 02:22 PM
BobbyFr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777276
Default RM750 and SIV

Fan control now works well! Thank you for this great software!!!

The RM750 doesn't seem to be recognized (see image attached)

But since I couldn't find anywhere how to connect the RM750 to the commander mini I connected the 3pin to FAN1 connector and the 2pin to TEMP4. Maybe thats the problem...
Attached Images
File Type: png link stat.PNG (46.5 KB, 589 views)

Old 05-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777277
Default Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter

Quote:
Fan control now works well! Thank you for this great software!!!

The RM750 doesn't seem to be recognized (see image attached)

But since I couldn't find anywhere how to connect the RM750 to the commander mini I connected the 3pin to FAN1 connector and the 2pin to TEMP4. Maybe thats the problem...
I am happy to hear SIV now works and you can control your fans. I suspect you do not have a Corsair RM-Series C-Link Adapter. Look at http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/blog/20...o_corsair_link and you will see:

I also guess you don't have the temperature sensors connected to the CLCC. There is a firmware bug and only Temp 4 can be used for internal feedback. For all the others SIV uses manual feedback when -CRLCTL is specified.

Do all the Temperatures, Voltages and Fan Speeds that SIV reports look correct? As all motherboards are slightly different I may need to adjust it for the Asus Maximus VII Ranger motherboard.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-05-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:19 AM

POST ID # = 777368
kaymanas Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymanas View Post
Hi,

I've just started trying to use the corsair link software with the 100i but it fails to recognise the pump or the individual fans. It seems to have also bulk identified the fans as a motherboard CPU fan, presumably because the unit is plugged into the CPU_FAN1 socket. This is quite frustrating as the unit is crazy loud and I can't adjust it.

Is there a fix for this?
As I'm dual booting Linux and Windows I decided to bypass the link software and just use the motherboard to control the fans. The bios has a good interface and its easy to set custom temp/RPM thresholds.

I also ended up buying the noctua NF-F12 to replace the stock fans as it seems they can be the cause of significant noise (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7cHRGFBDac). These also came with a y-splitter so that two fans can plug into the one CPU_FAN on the motherboard (with 4 pins for control).

Old 05-05-2015, 10:51 AM
BobbyFr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777395

Hi Red-Ray,

Yes indeed I don't have this cable and I'm not using the temp sensors.

Fan reporting and control seemed to work well although at one point I changed the custom curve for CPU 30° at 600rpm to 500 rpm, and after applying, saving, closing and reopening SIV my fans were still at 600 rpm instead of 500. That was the only issue but I didn't check if it works after a reboot since I had to go.

Anyway I just got a feedback from Corsair so I'm returning my commander mini and will get full refund so I'm done with this and I'll just get another fan hub.
Only bad point is that I have corsair LED strips (which worked well with CL) that I can't return and that I don't know to what I can connect them now...

I'll stay in touch with the updates of your software so when it does support my H100i gtx I'll be totally done with CL :)

Keep on the good work, you definitely help a lot of disappointed CL users!!

Old 05-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777396
Smile

Quote:
Hi Red-Ray,

Yes indeed I don't have this cable and I'm not using the temp sensors.

Fan reporting and control seemed to work well although at one point I changed the custom curve for CPU 30° at 600rpm to 500 rpm, and after applying, saving, closing and reopening SIV my fans were still at 600 rpm instead of 500. That was the only issue but I didn't check if it works after a reboot since I had to go.

Anyway I just got a feedback from Corsair so I'm returning my commander mini and will get full refund so I'm done with this and I'll just get another fan hub.
Only bad point is that I have corsair LED strips (which worked well with CL) that I can't return and that I don't know to what I can connect them now...

I'll stay in touch with the updates of your software so when it does support my H100i gtx I'll be totally done with CL :)

Keep on the good work, you definitely help a lot of disappointed CL users!!
Thank you for the update. Why don't you try and get Corsair to exchange the H100iGTX for a H110iGT on the grounds that CL will correctly control H110iGT? I expect I will eventually get H100iGTX support working, but H110iGT works today

I expect the 600rpm vs. 500 rpm is down to the CLCC firmware having a lower RPM/PWM limit. I see similar here. I get really low RPMs when I use PWM mode rather than RPM or custom mode. Corsair should provide a datasheet that specifies these limits, but they don't.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-05-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:16 AM
BobbyFr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 777406

I think that my H100i GTX works ok with CL. I'm far of being an expert of AIO Watercooling since I recently got it on my rig, but I'm happy with the temps so I guess there is no problems with it...
And I plan to have my push pull rad fans also connected to my (future) fan hub so then only the pump will be controlled by CL.
I got so disappointed with CL that now the less my hardware is controlled by it the better I feel so I hope you'll find a way to add support for this rad in SIV.

Closed Thread