Corsair Community

Corsair Link Software Update Version 2.3.4948 -Whats fixed/Whats not

wytnyt

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/corsair-link-v2-installer-rc-v2_4_4948.exe

I thought Id bring the new software release to light and let users post their feedback here be it good or bad,let others hear what it done for you.

I havent tried it yet as i dont really have the need to but let me be the first to thank corsair for dedicating the resources to addressing their customers concerns.

good suggestion bryman as skipping one step can mess up the whole outcome

if i had one wish,it would be a larger display in which to pin my icons in,,i have to use the largest icon size and space gets limited with having 30 icons to arrange.

FIX IT sometimes it takes it 1 second sometimes it takes it 3-5min to change...i set to 100% fixed speed i just now set to default...its been over 30 seconds iv been typing this message...STILL hasnt changed back to normal...ugh ok now its been almost over a minute

over 2min now...still running max speed...wow

so i set to fixed speed 100% again then back to default and it fixed it...but i shouldnt have to do that...

FIX IT sometimes it takes it 1 second sometimes it takes it 3-5min to change...i set to 100% fixed speed i just now set to default...its been over 30 seconds iv been typing this message...STILL hasnt changed back to normal...ugh ok now its been almost over a minute

over 2min now...still running max speed...wow

so i set to fixed speed 100% again then back to default and it fixed it...but i shouldnt have to do that...

thats just a quirk,not so much as a bug,as long as it works on a temp curve is the main concern.

no software is absolutely flawless,i think its cause your taking it out of its profile state but thats just a guess.

well what to say:

updating firmware: bootloader verifying windows doesnt close.

led colors: worst than ever , green doesnt work at all now, red doesnt work still, so only blue color left.

keep the good work guys

I've installed the update to see what (if any) improvements it gives. Feedback as follows:

1. Windowing then flipping back to full screen now messes up icon placement.

2. Two previously detected HD's temps (using older version of link SW) are now missing.* **

*Oddly after several minutes one of my WD velociraptors has now appeared

** More oddly after several hours my 2nd raptor and several reboots has also now appeared

Observations:

1. The graph axis line/number (light grey) colours on the grey background are very hard to see/read.

2. Not sure about the change from blue to white colour for all measurements.

Other than the above, it appears stable enough. My custom profile appears to work fine and the LED colour change profile mapped to the pump temp. still appears to work.

7/10 from me chaps. Still needs improvement on the UI side of things.

1. LED colors changing with temp seems to be fixed.

2. Nit sure if its detecting my GPU node or not will have to open the case and find out what temp sensors I have in what slot on the node.

3. It still loses cpu activity and cpu temp on shutdown/reboot of the computer.

These are the few things I have noticed so far.Running windows 8 64 bit asus Maximus 5 Formula.

thats just a quirk,not so much as a bug,as long as it works on a temp curve is the main concern.

no software is absolutely flawless,i think its cause your taking it out of its profile state but thats just a guess.

ya but sometimes ill just set to 100% speed wont do anything wait 2 min then itll work... so ya its slow... only does this on psu not with h80i fans

Can anyone confirm if fans connected to the cooling node can now respond to temp changes (temps of CPU, coolant, or temperature probes)?

mine work even with the older software,are you sure something isnt interfering such as ai-suite,real temp or other monitoring software

can you post a pic of one of your curve settings in the dashboard?

sometimes its something easily overlooked,take it from the blind man with glasses..;):

When you asked if I had something like AI Suite running, I recalled that I previously had AI Suite II installed. That was during the time when I came to the conclusion that the custom fan curve was not responding to temperature changes.

Since I no longer have AI Suite II installed, I tried the custom fan curve again and linked it to the temperature of my Corsair temperature probe. And it works!

Thanks for the help wytnyt.

i decided to install the beta just to experiment a little and there was a noticeable improvement in led's and some other areas but my hard drive icons were 1 out of 11,down from 9 out of 11.i should have worked with this more but since leds arent a priority on this computer,i went back to the prior software.ill load it on my pc with the side glass and see.

I lost more storage drive temps on this latest beta too... lol...

i also got the annoying hdd activity light every 3 seconds again. this was resolved in the last version of link software, but i guess they somehow reintroduced it again.

edit: nvm... it's somehow gone after a few reboots :confused::confused::confused:

Did the L.E.Ds use to work in the previous version?

Try an the last version of the software and see if it the L.E.D. colours work.

it works on first install when i received the cooler at home , then install 2.3 , red color wasnt working anymore.just try 2.3.4948 from fresh install and now green isnt working anymore , so for me red/green doesnt work anymore.only blue is working

Archived