Corsair Community

iCUE Wanted Features (collecting thread)

LeSnakk

I like the idea of using IF statements to trigger events - it's something that was there to some degree in LINK (when temp reaches x set all LEDs red, set all fans 100%, etc).

I'd like the ability to create a custom fan curve based upon multiple sensor inputs - this could either be its own thing or doable with multiple IF statements.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, just wanted to come and say that i've got number 4 covered with this iCUE template: https://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/54/profile

Here is a finished product using the template i made: https://alex.krastev.org/users/profiles/161/profile

This looks very good! I'll defenitely try it when I get home - but for now I'll leave the no4 because doing it this way is a lotta work to do and not an integrated function for everyone to use easily.

. Maybe also you could divide the wishlist into categories of sorts. Some ideas:

• UI interface improvements
  • Action/Macro Improvements
  • Lighting
  • SDK
  • Periphery Control (Fans/Light Strips)

The google document seems out of date. Are you only including your ideas on the document? I voted on the google document, but accidentally. I'm just not interested in any of those ideas as priorities, and I had to vote to get to the second page.

Why should this be needed, you can vote on the topic and each topic gets explained in this very first post here.

And when you're not interested, why did you read this thread in the first place? If you have any suggestions topicwise, go ahead! :)

On the left side if the effect, where it has the little colored square, if you mouse over it, you'll see an icon that looks like an eye with a line through it.

Click it.

Turns off the effect for the channel.

Oh wow can't believe I didn't notice that! :eek: Cool thanks. :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
1. Will be implemented. Coming Soon™

2. But why?? Not sure what the use would be.

3. That would take a lot more work then you might think. Corsair makes 1 ambidextrous mice, well they have the Katar which has no extra buttons but its still shaped like a right-hand mouse sooooo yeaaa. Idk if they would ever see that as worthwhile. I think there would be more Mac users then left-handed people using right-handed mice. But moving the LED strips around would be nifty. And I guess if that was possible it would be trivial to throw in the mice and mouse pad.

4. That would be useful. I made a program that would do the timeline thing for CUE 1. If you can get Schwitz and Krazykid on board to push for that idea I think it would get implemented a lot faster lol.

5. I'm assuming iCUE will be the one controlling everything. ASUS uses the SDK from other companies to add support, so it's not an oh we can just suddenly support everything ASUS does. And I'm pretty sure MSI had gone with SteelSeries as their RGB keyboard partner, as seen by almost all of their laptops.

6. You can already do that with enough coding knowledge. And Actions can trigger a lighting effect in iCUE right now.

7. Yea, if Razer didn't sign an exclusivity deal with Phillips id be really really surprised. Wouldnt be much coding work since its a single LED. But man the corporate/business side would be messy.

8. Ohhhh, fancy. Yes, we need that.

9. They hear ya and it's being worked on.

So 1 and 9 I can confirm is planned? but no release date.

Is there any chance we will actually see this stuff worked on in a timely manner. I just put a lot of effort into a total Corsair RGB setup, but missing some rather simple functionality. I had the PC on the right which I guess is how the software is hard-coded for link lighting like "type lighting" which I like. So the colors would go outward in the correct paths, keyboard, mouse/mousepad, then through all the fans in the case of the PC. (just had to hard-wire the PC fans in the right sequential order). However, I re-arranged my desk, and the PC is now on the right side to hide wiring better... Now a "visor" or "type lighting" goes from right to left on my keyboard and mouse, but then jumps over to the PC. Doesn't look near as impressive. Rather janky.

I like the "type lighting" the best, but now I can't stand it out of order... so I have to either live without, or redo all the cable management on my desk... AGAIN. As much as all this costs, com'on man. It would really NOT be hard to be able to use the software to re-arrange the order of major components. It would be intuitive to leave the software, but just allow the user to drag the order of components in the home or settings menus.

Right now, it is keyboard, mouse, pad, CPU cooler, Commander Pro... how did that order get dictated? Because, I think that's the order of the link lighting process.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have already posted my suggestion:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=184672

Again, Would be great to link that brigthness button on our Keyboard with other (user selectable) iCUE compatible devices. Adjusting the brightness together across all linked devices with that one button without the need to enter iCUE and adjust brightness manually on every single device ... it would be just easier for us.