Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2015, 09:49 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812223
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Yes,keep your hydro from freezing temps as c-attack suggested,other than that there's no maintenance needed.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 PM
gouran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812226
gouran Reputation: 10

Check previous page because i dont Saw that this post have already 2 pages and i edited my last answer.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:28 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812227
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

If this really is something you are concerned about, there is a somewhat simple physical solution to help minimize your risks even further. Instead of mounting the radiator in the roof, mount in the front panel of your case as an intake. With a 900D, there may be a lower level option as well. On the rare occassion a cooler system develops a leak, it doesn't explode - it drips. By moving the radiator from the roof to the front or lower portion of the case, you remove most of your really expensive components from the drop zone. No water on the Ti's. No water on the memory or mainboard. There are some consequences to using the radiator as a front intake, like bringing warmer air into the case. However, there may also be consequences to having in the roof as well with a pair of 980 Ti's in SLI. Read the second half of this post. Start with Post 24 and ignore the garbage in the beginning. The heat from a pair of 980 Ti's appears to be substantial. There may be practical advantages to not putting it in the roof above the GPU's, so the roof and rear of the 900D can be used maximally to evacuate the heat from the case.

Last edited by c-attack; 10-04-2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Fixed incorrect link

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:48 PM
gouran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812229

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
If this really is something you are concerned about, there is a somewhat simple physical solution to help minimize your risks even further. Instead of mounting the radiator in the roof, mount in the front panel of your case as an intake. With a 900D, there may be a lower level option as well. On the rare occassion a cooler system develops a leak, it doesn't explode - it drips. By moving the radiator from the roof to the front or lower portion of the case, you remove most of your really expensive components from the drop zone. No water on the Ti's. No water on the memory or mainboard. There are some consequences to using the radiator as a front intake, like bringing warmer air into the case. However, there may also be consequences to having in the roof as well with a pair of 980 Ti's in SLI. Read the second half of this post. Start with Post 24 and ignore the garbage in the beginning. The heat from a pair of 980 Ti's appears to be substantial. There may be practical advantages to not putting it in the roof above the GPU's, so the roof and rear of the 900D can be used maximally to evacuate the heat from the case.
But leak can be in processor so it wont help in this situation

Old 10-04-2015, 10:55 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812230
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

No offence but it sounds like you should stay with an air cooler as water is a obvious risk your not willing to accept but all the best with whatever you decide.
Its a shame tho as a hydro would really compliment your build...

Old 10-04-2015, 10:59 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812231

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouran View Post
But leak can be in processor so it wont help in this situation
No, it really can't. There is a metal alloy plate between the processor and the cooler. It doesn't leak. It doesn't transmit moisture. It just transmits heat from from the CPU to the water. However, if you are trying to minimize damage, the value of your two GPU's far exceeds that of the CPU or anything else. The suggestion was made with that in mind, as well as the more difficult problem of managing the heat that will be created by 980Ti SLI.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:03 PM
gouran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812233

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
No, it really can't. There is a metal alloy plate between the processor and the cooler. It doesn't leak. It doesn't transmit moisture. It just transmits heat from from the CPU to the water. However, if you are trying to minimize damage, the value of your two GPU's far exceeds that of the CPU or anything else. The suggestion was made with that in mind, as well as the more difficult problem of managing the heat that will be created by 980Ti SLI.
I'll buy 13 fans dont worry about heat

Old 10-04-2015, 11:04 PM
gouran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812234

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
No offence but it sounds like you should stay with an air cooler as water is a obvious risk your not willing to accept but all the best with whatever you decide.
Its a shame tho as a hydro would really compliment your build...
C-attack give me Great idea :) i think i will buy 110 gt

Old 10-04-2015, 11:09 PM
gouran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812235

This element can leak?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:16 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812237

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouran View Post
C-attack give me Great idea :) i think i will buy 110 gt
Great,you wont regret it and the 110 is a good hydro.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:24 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812239

Sure, it is possible. But it would probably involve deliberately pulling on the hoses very, very hard. Regardless, that will not affect the CPU, only what's underneath the leak.

Don't take the Ti SLI heat problem lightly. There are not a lot of people with that configuration and a 900D is probably the best possible case to do this in, but no matter how many fans you have, heat has to leave through an exit. In that post, the problem was there was so much heat passing through the radiator on the way out, it dramatically increased the temperature of the entire assembly. I suspect you can still put a 280mm radiator on the front of a 900D. However, with Skylake a 240mm radiator will be still be more than sufficient. If that can be placed in the bottom of the unit, it may be worth while. If you are looking for options or more specific details, you may wish to start a new post with that topic and give some 900D owners a chance to put forth their experiences.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:36 PM
gouran's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812241

Bro, high heat with This cards?

And what differences are betwen 110 gt and 110 gtx?

Last edited by gouran; 10-04-2015 at 11:39 PM.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:32 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 812328

No, the hybrid version of the 980 Ti should help with keeping it's temperatures in check and exhausting heat out of the system. However, you will need to plan ahead. That is three AIO water cooling units in your case. You should probably figure out where you will mount the two 120mm radiators for the GPU's before deciding on a CPU cooler and a location for it.

The 110i GT and GTX are both 280mm coolers. However, they are made by two different manufacturers. The GT is made by CoolIT and the GTX by Asetek. There are some cosmetic differences and the GTX has stiffer hoses and a different mounting point. Their are some small differences in the fans and possibly in the way the firmware interacts with the LINK software. From a general cooling standpoint, both coolers are equally effective for reducing temperatures.

Tags
aio, h110i gt, problem, water cooling