Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2006, 05:11 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234560
angelobr Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridsoldier23
I'm receiving this board today and have the same ram pack. I will post my results in a couple of hours. Hopefully I don't have this problem.
Could you managed to get Dual Channel working?

Guys, another detail, my value ram uses Samsung UCCC chips, week 525, as I don't know if all those values are like this, I think that it's worth to say this

Old 01-27-2006, 08:31 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234569

Can my PSU is the problem?

I'm using an ATX with only 20 pin, and 430 watts. Of course that I already tried to run my PC without any case fan, HDDs and DVD-Drives, and even without all those itens I can't get the Dual Channel

Can it be a 20 pin problem???

Old 01-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Building....my cyberhome.
ZeroZero's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234673
ZeroZero Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelobr

I'm using an ATX with only 20 pin, and 430 watts. Of course that I already tried to run my PC without any case fan, HDDs and DVD-Drives, and even without all those itens I can't get the Dual Channel

Can you find out exactly what brand and what specification your PSU have?

It might be that you need a real 24 PIN PSU to power a SLI MB and Dual Core. You will also need to use a 4 PIN to give extra power to CPU.

I did buy the same Value Select as you have for my Asus K8N4-E dlx (nf4-4x chipset- PCIe for socket 754). Did both stick work on your socket 754 motherboard so you had a total of 2GB? (What is your socket 754 CPU? I have a newcastle CPU and hope it will work, so it would be nice to know if you had the same core rev. like mine.)

Old 01-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Mystery's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234675
Mystery Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelobr

Should be fine since you get post on the B slots. Again, I believe it is the board. If the 12v Connector isn't in for the CPU, I don't think you will get a post. You will have the green light on your case but without cpu power, not much else. If you have a PC shop nearby that does not charge for returns you may just want to try another board and return it if it gives the exact same problem. My reasoning behind the slots being the problem is because nothing posts when anything is in those slots from what I gather. That is 99% of the time the slots being messed up (in my experiance).

Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 234679
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I had the same issue with that MB and with a FX-55 CPU but changed to the premium version and that seems to have solve the problem. You might talk to the MB maker.

Last edited by RAM GUY; 01-31-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:47 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234695

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroZero
Can you find out exactly what brand and what specification your PSU have?

It might be that you need a real 24 PIN PSU to power a SLI MB and Dual Core. You will also need to use a 4 PIN to give extra power to CPU.

I did buy the same Value Select as you have for my Asus K8N4-E dlx (nf4-4x chipset- PCIe for socket 754). Did both stick work on your socket 754 motherboard so you had a total of 2GB? (What is your socket 754 CPU? I have a newcastle CPU and hope it will work, so it would be nice to know if you had the same core rev. like mine.)
I use a VCOM PSU, 430 watts. As I'm not using SLI nor Dual Core CPU I don't really know if the missing of a 24 PIN PSU is really the problem. I'm thinking about getting a SevenTeam 550 PSU unit, that is ATX 2.0 and have those 24 PIN.

And to answer your question, yes, my old K8N 754 mobo recognizes those 2GB without any problem and always worked very well, of course without Dual Channel as 754 doens't support this. My old 754 CPU was also a newcastle one.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:55 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
Should be fine since you get post on the B slots. Again, I believe it is the board. If the 12v Connector isn't in for the CPU, I don't think you will get a post. You will have the green light on your case but without cpu power, not much else. If you have a PC shop nearby that does not charge for returns you may just want to try another board and return it if it gives the exact same problem. My reasoning behind the slots being the problem is because nothing posts when anything is in those slots from what I gather. That is 99% of the time the slots being messed up (in my experiance).
Yes, you're right, if I put anything on those slots nothing works here. But this's really weird, this's the second Asus board that will've the same problem. I'll try to exchange it for a DFI one and I'll never more buy something from Asus

Old 01-27-2006, 08:59 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234702

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY
I had the same isse with that MB and with a FX-55 CPU but changed to the premium version and that seems to have solve the problem. You might talk to the MB maker.
For sure, I'll try to contact Asus tomorrow and see what they say about this weird problem, after all this's the second mobo with the same problem. First I get the simple version, A8N-SLI, and as it didn't work I exchanged it for the most complete solution from Asus, the Premium one, but also get the same problem.

Completelly unlucky or Asus completelly bad, bad guy

Old 01-28-2006, 12:29 PM
sherriff's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234754
sherriff Reputation: 10
Default 3D Games freeze the system

Hi all,

I have a similar system configuration:
PSU 500 watts
Asus A8N-SLI Premium with BIOS 1011.1
Corsair VS2GBKIT400C3 PC3200 2048MB
AMD A64 4000+ 939 San Diego
e-VGA 7800GT
1 Samsung HDD 160 GB
Audigy 2 ZS

The system runs very stable in dual channel mode (all bios settings are set to auto), testet with prime95, as long as I do not start any 3D game or 3D benchmarking tool. If I do that, the system freezes after a few minutes (sometimes I have pixel errors until the system freezes completely).

I have checked the temperatures of the CPU, Mainboard and GPU and they are all OK.

I have also tried another memory module a ProMOS V826632K24ATG-D3. With this module, 3DMark 2006 runs all the night without any problem.

My conclusion is that this corsair memory modules are not compatible with this mainboard, or are there any bios settings I can try to get my system with this memory modules stable?

Old 01-28-2006, 03:24 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234779

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherriff
Hi all,

PSU 500 watts
e-VGA 7800GT
1 Samsung HDD 160 GB
Audigy 2 ZS

The system runs very stable in dual channel mode (all bios settings are set to auto), testet with prime95, as long as I do not start any 3D game or 3D benchmarking tool. If I do that, the system freezes after a few minutes (sometimes I have pixel errors until the system freezes completely).

I have checked the temperatures of the CPU, Mainboard and GPU and they are all OK.

I have also tried another memory module a ProMOS V826632K24ATG-D3. With this module, 3DMark 2006 runs all the night without any problem.

My conclusion is that this corsair memory modules are not compatible with this mainboard, or are there any bios settings I can try to get my system with this memory modules stable?
At least your system starts in Dual Channel, my can't even post...

For those that asked about a A64 Tweaker screenshot, here I've one. This is using single channel and a little bit agressive timings. Of course that I already slowed everything down to try Dual Channel but no luck up to now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A64.JPG (64.0 KB, 205 views)

Old 01-29-2006, 12:45 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 234860

A stupid question guys, there is any way of my Venice CPU get a deffective memory controller and this can be the cause of Dual Channel not working?

Old 01-30-2006, 07:22 AM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235054

Guys, as I think that my PSU can be the problem, I'm thinking about buying a SevenTeam 550-EAG, does anyone knows if exists any kind of incompatibility between this PSU and this mobo?

Old 01-30-2006, 04:13 PM
hybridsoldier23's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235125
hybridsoldier23 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Hi all,

PSU 500 watts
e-VGA 7800GT
1 Samsung HDD 160 GB
Audigy 2 ZS

Wow... I have almost the exact same setup except I have a 550 PSU made by Antec and a WD hard drive. My system does run in dual channel as you can see here http://i1.tinypic.com/mmc2kj.jpg and has had no errors at all. Temps are great and gaming is great. I ran aquamark3 scored 80,126 and nothing froze. I've been playing HL2 CSS and WoW for a week with everything maxed and no problems. Does this crash your system only with 3dmark06 or do all games crash?

Old 01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
angelobr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 235217

Well, today I changed my PSU, I bought a SevenTeam 550-EAG, true power, 24 pins, atx 2.0, dual 12v rail (2x18A), this appear to be a very good PSU unit.

I just removed the old PSU and put the new one, it`s really strong, everything was working fine. I went to the BIOS to check the voltages, make some little changes on my memory timings, putting them a little bit more slow so I could give Dual Channel another try now with the brand new PSU. After reset and turning off completelly I put the sticks at Dual Channel setting.

After a new start, only beeps again... them I removed the sticks from Dual Configuration and put them back at B1 and B2. Boot again, and only beeps again... them I get worried... my God, what happened...

I removed one of the sticks, and left only one at B1. Mobo started just fine, run Windows without any problem. Changed sticks, put the other one alone at B1... everything fine again...

Results, the B2 slot also get completelly messed.. I entered in contact with the guy that sold me the mobo and I'll return it tomorrow and he will send me another new one... I'll pray for this one get really 100%.

Does anyone have any advice about getting this new Asus? The only one that I`ve is to try to get the revision 1.02, that appears to be the latest.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 235305
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

What bios version do you have installed?