Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo + 3200C2 Stability

gbreezer80

I have the MSI K8N Neo Platinum with Corsair 1GB TWINX1024-3200C2PT (two sticks). My system seems very unstable. I have the latest BIOS - 1.3. 1) Is this the correct memory for this board? 2) Should I use the default memory settings from the BIOS? 3) What are the correct memory settings for this memory? 4) If I have two 512 sticks of RAM, what slots should I use? 5) Do I need to adjust the voltage, or let the mobo auto select? Any help will be appreciated.

Hi, look to the other threads there are a lot of people (also me) which are having problems with this memory and a64 systems. But nobody from corsair gives any further informations. I asked which Motherboard supports the specified latency settings with this memory but I receive no answer. So it seems there is no Motherboard (a64, socket 754) which can handle it. :mad:

[quote name='gbreezer80']I have the MSI K8N Neo Platinum with Corsair 1GB TWINX1024-3200C2PT (two sticks). My system seems very unstable. I have the latest BIOS - 1.3. 1) Is this the correct memory for this board? 2) Should I use the default memory settings from the BIOS? 3) What are the correct memory settings for this memory? 4) If I have two 512 sticks of RAM, what slots should I use? 5) Do I need to adjust the voltage, or let the mobo auto select? Any help will be appreciated.[/QUOTE] TWINX1024-3200C2: DRAM Clock: 200 MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5 SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6 SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank All other settings are motherboard defaults. Set it to 2.75v (Yes, this is possible with this board) and test one stick at a time in each slot with [URL=http://www.memtest86.com/]memtest86[/URL]. This board is capable of setting the voltage up to 2.85v. The memory is warrantied up to 2.9v, so if you try 2.85v you're fine.

Archived