The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2018, 04:43 PM
infinite3k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 961223
infinite3k Reputation: 10

I’ve just been forced to uninstall Icue until this gets fixed.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:02 PM

POST ID # = 961975
bitDoido Reputation: 10

Same issue here.

6 months using, and no problems, after install iCUE start to have BSOD. I´ll try to uninstall it to fix my computer.

Last edited by bitDoido; 07-03-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:25 PM

POST ID # = 968933
vaesive Reputation: 10

Same problem.
Got K95 and for weeks could not figure out why my PC would just hard shut down. Replaced PSU with a 1k watt platinum full-modular PSU thinking it was going out and I still had the issue. Finally decided to uninstall ICUE and PC ran for a week solid without any faults. For testing, I reinstalled ICUE and it hard shut down, once again, within an hour.

No idea how software could cause a hard shutdown without a BSOD. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. $200 keyboard and I can't utilize it's features because the software kills my PC. Not ok and has been an issue for over 6 months.....

There also seems to be a known issue about this on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...ng_pc_crashes/
Old 10-29-2018, 07:38 AM
Renji's PC Specs

POST ID # = 978201
Renji Reputation: 10

Hi,

I have also this issue with iCue which causes hard shutdown of my computer

I have tested these cases:
- Stress test whith iCue opened --> shutdown after 3min
- Stress test with iCue closed --> OK
- Stress test with Link opened --> OK
of course iCue is uninstalled for this last test

In game with iCue, my computer shutdown sometime under Diablo 3 or Hereos of the storm. Now I have uninstalled iCue and installed Link I have no more shutdown.

Do you have any updates about this issue?
I keep Corsair Link for the moment.

There is many post about this issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...ng_pc_crashes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...g_pc_to_crash/

Thank!
Old 06-28-2019, 03:34 PM

POST ID # = 1009600
Lolo Reputation: 10

I have the same problem, I see other people with the same CPU as mine (i7 4930k) have the same problem. Uninstalled and will never buy a Corsair item ever in my life
Old 06-28-2019, 03:57 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009606
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
I have the same problem, I see other people with the same CPU as mine (i7 4930k) have the same problem. Uninstalled and will never buy a Corsair item ever in my life
Hopefully you are not using a one year old version of the software. Current version is 3.17.94.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:45 PM
James1966's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010084
James1966 Reputation: 10

Wow I am not alone.

For what version 3.17.94 still crashes my system went back to December 2018 hopping that would solve my issue nope.
I have 2 computers with Corsair RGB products out of the two computers my main rig is crashing all the time as it always happen when I am not at my computer for example watch one hour of TV and then comeback to a frozen PC.
I reinstalled Windows 10 2 times to find out as soon as I install iCUE the problems come back as why is my second machine working fine. Mind you it only has a Corsair AIO cooler and 2 Corsair LL RGB Fans and 32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Memory.

My main rig had a Corsair K95 Keyboard, M65 Pro Mouse, 4 LL Fans, LED Strip and AIO Platinum Cooler, 32gb Vengeance Pro RGB Memory and this is the one that is driving me crazy to the point of replacing all Corsair RGB parts or let Mystic Light take overand dump iCUE all together

It's something that is iCUE is not playing nice with.

system
i9 9900k
32gb Vengeance Pro RGB Memory 3200mhz
MSI Z390 MEG ACE motherboard
MSI 2080 RTX Gaming X Trio
EVGA NU Audio
1000 Watt Corsair Platinum Power supply
Corsaii AIO Platinum 280mm Cooler
Old 07-02-2019, 11:47 PM
James1966's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo View Post

It's not your CPU unless it's Intel iCUE has the problem with as I am crashing just like you on a i9 9900k
Old 07-03-2019, 12:11 AM
James1966's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Hi,

I have also this issue with iCue which causes hard shutdown of my computer

I have tested these cases:
- Stress test whith iCue opened --> shutdown after 3min
- Stress test with iCue closed --> OK
- Stress test with Link opened --> OK
of course iCue is uninstalled for this last test

In game with iCue, my computer shutdown sometime under Diablo 3 or Hereos of the storm. Now I have uninstalled iCue and installed Link I have no more shutdown.

Do you have any updates about this issue?
I keep Corsair Link for the moment.

There is many post about this issue:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...ng_pc_crashes/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Corsair/com...g_pc_to_crash/

Thank!
Thanks for the links the first link was interesting as I went through all most the say testing from reading Windows crash reports. Also wouldn't you know it that I crashed just reading the link. SO I just tossed in the last straw and uninstalled iCUE. If my system goes back to normal I may look into replacing my AIO cooler and fans to Thermaltake as it's going to be $400+ and eat my loses with Corsair
Old 07-03-2019, 11:15 AM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010148
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1966 View Post
Thanks for the links the first link was interesting as I went through all most the say testing from reading Windows crash reports. Also wouldn't you know it that I crashed just reading the link. SO I just tossed in the last straw and uninstalled iCUE. If my system goes back to normal I may look into replacing my AIO cooler and fans to Thermaltake as it's going to be $400+ and eat my loses with Corsair
Before you do, and while you may have answered this elsewhere, what are your symptoms exactly? I am also assuming your system specs are out of date because you mention the 9900k but like an 8700. Would you be able to confirm the hardware to start?

For the record I am about the furthest thing from an apologist but do want people to avoid the same crap I went through as well as many others.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:25 PM
James1966's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010216

Problem Random LOCK ups... black screen ... have to hard shutdown the computer.. ran memory checker and even swapped memory..

I have 3 PC's
When I joined the form it was from the i7 8700k .

Then I tuned around to build my 3rd PC with is the i9 9900k which is the problem PC

My 8700K now is using a Thermaltake AIO 380mm cooler which

My 3rd PC is a Micro XTX from MSI and it's using the iCUE soft ware to control it's AIO cooler and memory and fans just fine.

Which makes me believe as Windows will install drivers during updates or MSI according to which board you have. The Micro ATX board cost me roughly $130 but my 390 Meg Ace was near $400 so it has way more bells and whistles on it. SO I am starting to think that iCUE is having a conflict with something on the motherboard. All 3 computers have Nvidia drivers and all 3 are Windows 10 Pro .

So since I uninstalled iCUE the system is behaving normal again ...
Old 07-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010219

What is ironic about the fact you are having the issue on the Meg seeing as I am pretty sure Corsair and MSI were/are partners when it comes to some things, like the WC 1080Ti they sold/sell. Last thing I can think of trying is that *MAYBE* try adding one thing at a time until it trips over itself just to rule out a hardware issue. That said in a lot of ways your issue mimics the one I had months back except in my case the devices would just enter a never ending disconnect/reconnect loop. Oh and the fact that the AIO just outright stopped working a couple times during that mess.

Anyway been a long time since I used MSI but you dont happen to be running any other monitoring software like HWInfo or anything MSI might offer are you? If you are try stopping those, believe me when I say this, I already know how you feel with your end of the stick.

But when all else fails you should go with what you feel comfortable with. Except NZXT :P
Old 07-03-2019, 09:27 PM
James1966's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010247

The drives I have on my PC I need as I do photographery for people and I back my images up. Plus there are game drives as sometimes I need to wind down and yell at my PC for loosing a game or two.
I don't want to mention the other company Thermal*** since it's Corsair form but they have a 9 port controller that doesn't go to USB it can go directly to the RGB header. Then you don't have to use their soft ware you can use Mystic Light to control it all. One Software to control it all as if MSI and Corsair got together they could do something like this but they would give up ICUE but they could add MSI products to ICUE... but then would MSI give up Mystic Light.

Yes I usually go in Stages ASUS was my brand for years then I went Gigabyte and now i am on MSI .. The System is very stable plays all games but once I put in you know who. Love to have a You tuber like Jaytwocents as he has all the same hardware put together a system with all the same specs ... and let it run a week with iCUE . Will keep checking... Oh don't think for one minute I will TOSS all the Corsair fans... I have enough parts for another PC LOL .. like I need one... hmmm maybe a very FLASHY server as I been building my own PCs since 1994 :)
Old 07-03-2019, 09:35 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010249

2000-01 myself is when I really got into the building side. But if you want to get together and bring all our spare hardware we can try to build Voltron :)
Old 10-18-2019, 12:01 AM
Altoan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021625
Altoan Reputation: 10

[QUOTE=
Computer is stable until I install the latest CUE, which causes the computer to abruptly shut off, turning off and on the PSU switch is the only solution to reboot the PC (holding down the power switch won't do a thing). Uninstalling CUE solves the issue.
[/QUOTE]

Just to throw my stick on the fire, I am having the exact same issue. New computer running for about a week with NO problems until I installed ICUE tonight then 3 hard shutdowns within 1 hour. Uninstalled ICUE and I have been running about 2 hours with no problems. Never seen anything like this! As the OP said the only way to get past the shutdown is the power button on the power supply or unplug the power cord. As of now I won't be using ICOR again and I think, even though I really like this keyboard, I am going to see about returning the hundred dollar keyboard to Amazon.