The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2014, 09:32 PM
8ternity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740259
8ternity Reputation: 10
Thumbs up Corsair Gaming App v1.2.77 bug?

Hi,

Product: Corsair K70 RGB North America, Red Mx Switch.

Is it possible that the application is may be corrupted or it's an common bugs reported by others regarding the software?

Bug#1
I change main Profile from an another profile and when i close the app, or minimized the app, the profile goes back to the other profile.

Bug#2
When i build an Lightning Effect. Stop after "x" number of repeat seem to doesn't work. It supposed to repeat the sentense 10 times, but doesn't work.

Thanks.

Last edited by 8ternity; 11-05-2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: forgot title

Old 11-06-2014, 07:50 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740319
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

My RGB K95 still doesn't turn off when I shutdown my computer, I have to Physically unplug it.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:37 AM

POST ID # = 740347
falb0ner Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Go to explorer, type in %appdata%, and while youre in the roaming folder, navigate to /Corsair/HID and delete the entire HID folder. This will purge all profiles, actions, and lighting.
Thank you James! Any idea on when the next round of firmware updates and/or CUE are coming? I know we just got an update but i'm really hoping for a stable build that won't lock up my machine anymore during gaming. Or is there anything else that i can do to help with feedback/testing?

Thanks for your help thus far.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:44 AM

POST ID # = 740349
falb0ner Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
My RGB K95 still doesn't turn off when I shutdown my computer, I have to Physically unplug it.
Corsair James replied to me within this thread, he said to make sure to turn off usb phone charging within Bios.

alternately, you can also hit the lighting button on the keyboard to also turn off the LEDs (although if your keyboard has frozen the buttons will be unresponsive.)

Old 11-06-2014, 12:58 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740362
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by falb0ner View Post
Corsair James replied to me within this thread, he said to make sure to turn off usb phone charging within Bios.

alternately, you can also hit the lighting button on the keyboard to also turn off the LEDs (although if your keyboard has frozen the buttons will be unresponsive.)
I don't have a USB charge button option in the bios and the keyboard is totally unresponsive, It was fine but I think the latest CUE did something as it was fine up until the update before the latest one.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Woodley's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740399
Woodley Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
This is the first I have heard of this issue. What are you repairing? CUE?

Hi James,

I'm referring to reloading CUE, and using "repair".
The program operates perfectly immediately after either reloading or repair.

At this point "M1" should be lit with a white light and MR, M2, M3 off. You can then select between modes by either pressing the buttons or selecting M1, M2, or M3 in the software.

However, if I then select shutdown-restart MR, M1, M2, and M3 immediately turn red and stay red through the reboot. When windows is back up they stay red. The cue software is unresponsive. Selecting M1, 2, 3 in the profile lighting correctly shows the three lighting modes on the software display. But the keyboard does not change.

At this point I run "repair" and CUE is again operational. Any ideas?

Old 11-09-2014, 04:07 PM
piiman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740934
piiman Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario..64 View Post
Does this fix the issue of no lights at all during bootup until CUE loads?
You may not have you KB plugged into the right port for the bios to activate it on boot up. I had this same problem until I found the port that works on boot up. Have you tried all your ports?

Old 11-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Inso-ThinkTank's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740945
Inso-ThinkTank Reputation: 10

Tried installing new software, it keeps freezing my PC during installation, can't even get into Task Manager.

End up shutting down PC by holding down power button. Anyone else having the same issues? Im running Win 8.1 Pro

UPDATE: Ok, I managed to figure it out. It appears Win 8.1 Pro generic drivers where the issue. Lucky I have a mouse laying around and was able to fix the issue. What I did was unplugged the K95 and M65. Plugged in my cheap wired mouse and went into Device Manager and uninstall MS drivers associated with mouse and keyboard. Then I was able to run the corsair utility software. Plugged back in my K95 and M65.

Last edited by Inso-ThinkTank; 11-09-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:20 AM

POST ID # = 740988
karthikeyan_sw Reputation: 10

Hi,

Win 8.1 x64, CUE 1.2.77 with my K95 RGB auto profile switching is not working good. previous CUE 1.2.74 it was perfect.

for example I have an Outlook profile, when I switch to Outlook profile automatically for first time after PC ON G keys macros works. and if I go to default profile and then come back to Outlook profile G keys macros won't work also CUE software will hang. it will not respond for any of the clicks on the task bar icon. only way is to kill the CUE, re-plug the keyboard and start the CUE again.

~SwK.

Old 11-10-2014, 02:36 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 740995
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Cmon Corsair. update cue and fix the keyboard still on after PC shutdown.

Old 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
morris8809's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741109
morris8809 Reputation: 11

After updating to the newest software I have to restart CUE to get my color profile working upon every boot.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:19 PM
P00P34's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741115
P00P34 Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I don't have a USB charge button option in the bios and the keyboard is totally unresponsive, It was fine but I think the latest CUE did something as it was fine up until the update before the latest one.
Turn off your power supply or if your A/C Adapter is connected into an extension cord, turn off the extension cord. The power supply is still powering the computer, and sending signals. Turning it off should make the keyboard turn off.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:29 PM
mpoffo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741117
mpoffo Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by P00P34 View Post
Turn off your power supply or if your A/C Adapter is connected into an extension cord, turn off the extension cord. The power supply is still powering the computer, and sending signals. Turning it off should make the keyboard turn off.
While this would work, I don't think this is very practical. Up until the last software update my keyboard was turning off fine without the need to additional steps. While there is a work around to create an "empty" profile, I will be looking forward to a more permanent fix for this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris8809 View Post
After updating to the newest software I have to restart CUE to get my color profile working upon every boot.
For as long as I have run CUE, I always have to exit CUE and then re-run it to get it to work correctly. I am not sure why this would be.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:54 PM
P00P34's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741190
P00P34 Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpoffo View Post
While this would work, I don't think this is very practical. Up until the last software update my keyboard was turning off fine without the need to additional steps. While there is a work around to create an "empty" profile, I will be looking forward to a more permanent fix for this issue.

For as long as I have run CUE, I always have to exit CUE and then re-run it to get it to work correctly. I am not sure why this would be.
It's practical to me, as I always turn off my extension cord regardless, so the keyboard staying on wouldn't be a problem.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Amirantha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741203
Amirantha Reputation: 10

Not sure if this has been reported, but I just loaded the new CUE and noticed that when I switch screens (Click inside any window or on the desktop) it automatically changes my profile to the OOB default instead of the profile I have loaded (which is saved to the device). If I click back on my main monitor (again, inside any window or on the desktop), it switches back to the desired profile.

K95
Windows 8.1
Using USB 3.0

Edit: Deleted the default profile in CUE and it seems to have resolved the problem. Still an odd issue that should be looked at.