Corsair Community

Did my pump just die?!

Grouch86

So, I created the thread H100i pump noise on start up thread a week ago.

I received my second h100i and everything went fine, I even made a post exclaiming my exuberance with how well it was performing.

Now... it seems my pump may have failed on my second H100i. I used my computer this morning, everything was fine. Took a nap, turned the computer on and i'm getting a cpu fan error. This hasn't happened before, my cpu temps are WAY above normal and corsair link is showing my pump speed at 50.7 rpm no matter what i change it to.

Did my pump die!? If it is dead I am highly disappointed with the dependability of this product, seeing as it is my 2nd different H100i and two different inexcusable flaws.

Heres what corsair link shows. (sorry for a large image)

http://i.imgur.com/xvzD20t.jpg?1

Did you connect the CPU fan 3 pin connector to the board? The board reads the pump speed from that connector. If its not connected the bios will say there is a fan error and you wont get a pump reading.

I actually just went to check my own corsair link to check something. Basically that RPM Divider value should be set to TWO. Not one. I beleive you dont get a reading if its on One.

BUT ALSO when i loaded Corsair link my pump was at 0, my fans were at 0 also. Corsair Link LIKES to not work sometimes and you have to reinstall it. Which i just did and now my pump and fans read correctly. I knew my fans were working and the pump but.. Corsair link is just so flakey. Dont trust it, always double check to see if theres some dumb problem with the software.

Check the 3pin fan connector then try setting that RPM divider to TWO, if that does not work, try uninstalling it and reinstalling. If that doesnt work, smash it with a hammer

Yeah my CPU is connected to the cpu_fan header. Like I said everything was working fine for about a week. I will uninstall link and reinstall it to check if it's link, but the CPU temp is really high which leads me to believe it's not just the software, but it's not pumping at all.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Link. Nothing changed, I switched out the h100i to my old trusty Zalman air cooler and temps are back down to where they should be.

Honestly, the temps are not much different, maybe 3-5 degrees warmer than when the h100i was installed. Maybe I wasnt paying attention to how well my air cooler was working. I think the h100i was aesthetically much better but going through two of them I am not pleased. Maybe investing in one of those goliath nh-d14s will do me best, the less moving parts I have to rely on maybe the better.

I am going to RMA it and hopefully the 3rd one is more reliable and will go in my backup rig.

• 4 months later...
I can't use the new version on my build!! I notice that when I download it and install it there's controls missing. I cant wait to get rid of my H100I and get the next one up for my new build. the cooler is awesome but it's the software that lacks!!

Archived