The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 02:55 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906550
red-ray Reputation: 81
Confused CL4 does not seem to have detected the fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_jones View Post
CL4 does not seem to have detected the fans, exactly what fans do you have connected to the CLCP?

From [Link Update] press the CLCP Channel button ([ 2:0 12 ] at a guess) and post the resulting dump of the CLCP registers . It's the Get Temp 1 Setup Mask I wish to see. A [Link Status] screen shot would also be handy.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:02 PM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906552
pip_jones Reputation: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
CL4 does not seem to have detected the fans, exactly what fans do you have connected to the CLCP?

From [Link Update] press the CLCP Channel button ([ 2:0 12 ] at a guess) and post the resulting dump of the CLCP registers . It's the Get Temp 1 Setup Mask I wish to see. A [Link Status] screen shot would also be handy.
I've just re-read my posts and it is not clear that when I say "not spinning" - i mean the fans physically are not spinning / rotating. I hope that makes more sense now, I wasn't commenting on CL or SIV not being able to report the fans.

It is like the the CP is NOT powering them - resulting in them NOT spinning and NOT being detected.

RR: exactly what fans do you have connected to the CLCP?

I have 3x fans connected in ports 1/2/3. All fans are known good noctua 4-pin PWM. Known good = working in CLCM.

Last edited by pip_jones; 06-02-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: answering "exactly what fans do you have connected to the CLCP"

Old 06-02-2017, 03:05 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906554
Arrow I think they should be reported by CL4 even when not spinning

Quote:
The fans are known good ... all noctua 4-pin PWM,
I think they should be reported by CL4 even when not spinning. Please post the two SIV screen shots and a link to the fan specs.

Old 06-02-2017, 03:13 PM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906555

Quote:
I think they should be reported by CL4 even when not spinning. Please post the two SIV screen shots and a link to the fan specs.
Fans are these, in case it is significant, they work on the CLCM.

http://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-industrialppc-2000-ip67-pwm
http://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-industrialppc-2000-ip67-pwm

Screen shots:

Dump.png

status.png

Old 06-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906557
Confused The CLCP did not detect the fans

Quote:
Thank you, the CLCP did not detect the fans, here I typically see:

Get Fan 1 Setup Mask 00 02 02 02 01 01 01

The 00 is success, 02 is a 4-pin PWM fan and 01 a 3-pin voltage fan.

Let me have a think about this...

Old 06-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906645
Happy SIV 5.20 Beta-12 with full CLCP support

Quote:
Fans are these
The attached SIV 5.20 Beta-12 should have support for CLCP control, I have PMed you the password.

Quote:
Please post [Link Fans] to I can see if the fans were detected and [Link Status] so I can check on the overall status.

I have just noticed it says PWM % when it should say RPM, this is just cosmetic so the fix can wait for Beta-13 .
Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Fans] CLCP Control.png (116.9 KB, 228 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 06-03-2017 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Remove test SIV

Old 06-03-2017, 05:31 PM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906700
Default Results from 5.20b12

Quote:
The attached SIV 5.20 Beta-12 should have support for CLCP control, I have PMed you the password.
Thanks for doing this.

Installed 5.20b12 and testing.

The 3x noctua fans are not physically spinning and not being detected from the CLCP in both SIV and CL. Let me know if you want any screen shots / debug. output.

My gut says this is not a software issue.

I'll see if I can find some other brand of fan and test each port. I might have some more in the house.

Do you think if the CLCP has been detected in CL and SIV it would be reasonable to assume that the USB and Power connections are good?

Do your 2x CLCP's have some form of light active on them to indicate when the unit has power?

Is that a power LED above the input for Temp Sensor #1? If so, mine is not lit.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:04 PM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906701
Unhappy It seems like CLCP does not like (my) Noctua fans!

Quote:
Thanks for doing this.

Installed 5.20b12 and testing.

The 3x noctua fans are not physically spinning and not being detected from the CLCP in both SIV and CL. Let me know if you want any screen shots / debug. output.

My gut says this is not a software issue.

I'll see if I can find some other brand of fan and test each port. I might have some more in the house.

Do you think if the CLCP has been detected in CL and SIV it would be reasonable to assume that the USB and Power connections are good?

Do your 2x CLCP's have some form of light active on them to indicate when the unit has power?

Is that a power LED above the input for Temp Sensor #1? If so, mine is not lit.
I found some corsair 31-003606's in the loft. These work without issue and I have tested each port on the CLCP.

@Corsair: Why does the CLCP not like my Noctua fans? They all work fine on the CLCM?

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Bueller?

Old 06-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906704
Confused I can't see any lights on either CLCP

Quote:
Thank you for checking out the SIV CLCP support. When the CLCP does detect the fans how does SIV do please?

Quote:
I can't see any lights on either CLCP, there is a LED close to the temp inputs, but it never seems to illuminate. The CLCP reports the 3.3 + 5.0 + 12 voltages, what does [Link Status] report?

I have e-mailed Corsair about the Noctua fan detection issue and it will be interesting to hear what they think.

I see as below, how do your CLCP voltages compare?

I have tidied up a few things, please update to the attached Beta-13, same password.

Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Status] - 2 x CLCP + 1 x CLNP.png (147.2 KB, 194 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 06-04-2017 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Remove Beta-13

Old 06-04-2017, 03:45 AM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906734
Default Little bit of feedback from b12

Quote:
Thank you for checking out the SIV CLCP support. When the CLCP does detect the fans how does SIV do please?
Hi Ray,

Thanks for contacting Corsair on my behalf, I will hang back raising an official support ticket.

I have moved all the Noctua fans back onto the CLCM.

I have 2x fans connected to the CLCP and don't have much time today to give you any quality feedback.

Both fans are detected and zero RPM is working.

AIOLinkStatus.png

AIOLinkFans.png

AIOLinkFans_ZeroRPM.png

I will update to B13 now, is there anything in particular you'd like me to have a look at?

Last edited by pip_jones; 06-04-2017 at 03:50 AM. Reason: CLCO -> CLCP

Old 06-04-2017, 04:37 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906737
Idea Do you still have some Superred Fans?

Quote:
Thanks for contacting Corsair on my behalf, I will hang back raising an official support ticket.

I will update to B13 now, is there anything in particular you'd like me to have a look at?
Thank you for your testing and the SIV screens report as I would hope. I suspect there is little point in you contacting Corsair Support as my e-mails are directly to the CL4 manager.

Do you still have some Superred CHA4012EB-MAH-0(E) 40mm x 20mm 4-pin PWM fans? If so it would be great if you hooked those up to the CLCP and checked what they are detected as. I am starting to wonder if there needs to be a CLCP firmware update .

Do you feel SIV 5.20 Beta-13 CLCP support is good enough for me to make it generally available?

Last edited by red-ray; 06-05-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:51 AM
FALE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906739
FALE Reputation: 18

Hi red-ray. Do you know how to get SIV to 'forget' where to put the virtual LCD screen? I sold my GPU to zombie miners on ebay and im living that IGPU life right now, and I've downsized monitors from 3 to 2. When I pull up the virtual LCD it goes into some other world that no longer exists. Even the setup screen shows up offscreen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:35 AM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906746
Default Good call

Quote:
Thank you for your testing and the SIV screens report as I would hope. I suspect there is little point in you contacting Corsair Support as my e-mails are directly to the CL4 manager.

Do you still have some Superred CHA4012EB-MAH-0(E) 40mm x 20mm 4-pin PWM fans? If so it would be great if you hooked those up to the CLCP and checked what they are detected as. I am starting to wonder if there needs to be a CLCP firmware update .

Do you feel SIV 5.20 Beta-13 CLCP support is good enough for me to make it generally available?

Yes, I suspect you are right about your direct contact. It certainly appears to be working well at the moment. It is very good to see this progression.

Good call, yes, I have some of those fans. I've plugged then in and they have detected without issue.

AIOLinkFans_10kRPM.png

Only testing in SIV. Let me know if you want CL feedback...?

I would say that the beta is fit for general release. It has detected and can control fans connected to the CLCP, I'm sure the general populous can work with that.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:37 AM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906747
Default Anchors?

Quote:
Yes, totally exit SIV and then delete the POS_L-P values in the registry. Select them as below, Right/Click and choose Delete .

SIV already has Menu->Edit->Centre Primary and I am inclined to add Menu->Edit->LCDs to Primary , what do you think to this as an idea please?
Would you consider adding some "Anchor" facility? Kind of the same way you can anchor objects on a form in VS?

Old 06-04-2017, 06:11 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906749
Question As 3-pin voltage or 4-pin PWM?

Quote:
I've plugged then in and they have detected without issue.
As 3-pin voltage or 4-pin PWM? Hover the mouse over the Mode and check the tool tips.

Give me a few minutes and I will release Beta-14 which has Menu->Edit->LCDs to Primary. I was quite pleased by how easy it was to implement, a whole 9 lines of new code .

Last edited by red-ray; 07-16-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Closed Thread