The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2019, 07:21 AM

POST ID # = 1011048
Calvins Reputation: 10

Only one solution - better buy Logitech next time

Old 07-13-2019, 09:07 PM
Enixero's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011120
Enixero Reputation: 10

Bump, do any admins ever post in Corsair forums on problems? Really would like a fix for this.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:07 PM
Enixero's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011121
Enixero Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvins View Post
Only one solution - better buy Logitech next time
Thinking about doing so....
The response time is absurd for any technical help.

Old 07-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Apophis3's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011157
Apophis3 Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enixero View Post
Bump, do any admins ever post in Corsair forums on problems? Really would like a fix for this.
There's a post by Corsair Calico Jack in this very thread. I guess you didn't read it. If you need to, try PMing the reps, as of late they are extremely backed up.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:29 PM

POST ID # = 1013689
Disturbed7 Reputation: 10

I just bought the IronClaw wireless mouse approx 3 weeks ago, I like the feel & button positions, BUT... I'm also having the same issues as others with the remapping of the DPI up & DPI down buttons, I remap as I have done multiple times, the dpi up & down buttons are the only ones giving me Constant issues, even when remapped they still adjust my DPI to either way too fast or far too slow, I have made sure the "Retain original key output" option is Unchecked, have the latest firmware (checked multiple times), icue up to date, have soft reset the mouse, tried it via 2.4ghz & plugged in, all to no avail, is there a fix I don't know of other than just returning the mouse & using my steel series one instead, I have other corsair products & would prefer to stick to 1 brand, but not unless this issue can be sorted...anyone know of any kind of solution ?

Last edited by Disturbed7; 08-07-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:11 PM
rambl0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015365
rambl0 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enixero View Post
I'm having this same exact issue and getting Corsair to respond in a decent timely manner is a nightmare. They took over a week to message me back then told me to soft reset the mouse which did not even work.

I'm having this same DPI issue with the split triggers, makes them totally useless.

I'm also having an issue where my IronClaw RGB Wireless will not update and fails every single time.

Have tried uninstalling iCUE several times. Erasing trace evidence of iCUE in the registry as well. Still does the same thing. Loosing hope might make a brand switch if I cant get these issues resolved.
Try rebooting into windows safe mode with networking and then update. Worked for me, possibly a driver conflict of some sort.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:16 PM

POST ID # = 1015366
trajano Reputation: 10

I'm actually having the same issue even with the RMAed Ironclaw https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthr...light=iCUE+DPI

Old 08-24-2019, 02:54 AM

POST ID # = 1015545
aslankral Reputation: 10
Default I think I found the solution.

Little bit about my setup;

I am actually planning to use the mice on my MacBook. However, I have also virtual windows, so I tired this issue on both by resetting the mouse, and installing the firmware again and again.

This issue shows up on bluetooth mode. Because system doest need hardware profile during wired or wireless mode, I believe (I have the mouse for two days, I might be wrong)

I setup 3 hardware profiles, and zero local profiles. This is nothing to do with issue, just information. I am setting up a very simple setup just localize the issue.

I am going to setup DPI change buttons that is why I setup new DPI profiles and assign them as default for those profiles.

Action buttons ( This is the issue)
DPI Up - Copy action
DPI Down - Paste action
Option button - Select all

LED profiles not affecting the issue

My DPI profiles are
Slow 1000 DPI
Medium 2500 DPI
Fast 5000 DPI, and I am using %50 acceleration. This is also nothing to do with the issue.

My profiles completely, identical except DPI setting and how I default them

Slow profile default Slow DPI 1000
Medium profile default Medium DPI 2500
Fast DPI default Fast DPI 5000

After 4 -5 hours attempt, I first though it is not recording the profile correctly. However I believe issue is not having a DPI change button.

When you change the profile with profile change button, firmware assigns the dpi randomly or can't assign correctly. Or because DPI profiles are not associated with your actual profiles, system doesn't clean them when you clean your hardware profile. They are stuck there forever, until you manually trigger them from mice itself.

One thing I didn't understand, why DPI profiles are tide to all the profiles, or another way all profiles are sharing the same DPI profiles as well. If I am correct this doesn't make any sense, because if I have a profile ,this profile should have a unique set of dpi profiles. However that doesn't seems working correctly.

To work around that I assigned the middle button to DPI Trigger.

After adding the DPI Trigger to middle button, when you change your profile, you can assign the correct DPI back in to the active profile. This time firmware somehow correctly records your selection. When next time you toggle your profile it selects the correct DPI.

I hope my observations are correct, and this helps to you and the corsair team.

Thanks for reading.

Old 09-25-2019, 12:28 AM

POST ID # = 1019210
trajano Reputation: 10

I just updated to iCUE 3.20.80 today, the problem is still persisting.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:16 PM

POST ID # = 1019853
Calvins Reputation: 10

Corsair doesn't care

Old 10-01-2019, 05:41 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019892
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslankral View Post

One thing I didn't understand, why DPI profiles are tide to all the profiles, or another way all profiles are sharing the same DPI profiles as well. If I am correct this doesn't make any sense, because if I have a profile ,this profile should have a unique set of dpi profiles. However that doesn't seems working correctly.
Each profile can be tied to any existing DPI profile. However, if you fail to create one or assign it, it's going to have to take data from somewhere. Presumably the top one on the list, although I have seen some weird glitches over the years. Regardless, you need to specify if you want the profile tied to a general DPI profile or a unique one for each. Those with M65 mice often wind up with individual ones because of the DPI colors.

I am not sure why everyone's experience is different. I have never been able to replicate this, either back at the original posting or now on 3.20. I assign DPI to text. DPI down to something else. Both work. DPI does not change. It doesn't really make sense for this to be a hardware issue and it would appear to be a rather selective bug.

Old 10-06-2019, 12:33 PM

POST ID # = 1020443
knezz Reputation: 10

this is still active to date. I got new IronClaw RGB Wireless and issue is still here. I updated all , program , dongle , mouse to newest versions.
It seems no matter what i assign for DPI up button , he can execute that command but in same time it will trigger DPI increase by some amount and more on second click and more on third click . Only thing which is stopping from doing this is if i assign a sniper command on DPI up , then he never go crazy , he only toggle sniper and on second click he toggle off sniper but dpi stay unchanged . So it is not a hardware but software issue
Anyone found permanent solution, i would really love to have my 2 front buttons. honestly that is one of the reasons i got this mouse , if dpi up and down were 2 buttons under the scroll i would'n even care.

Edit: I have found out that even after uninstalling all corsair software you can swap between 3 DPI profiles once you click DPI buttons , this could be a potential issue since those buttons might be hard coded for this actions just like left click

Also i have found minimum of 4 issues with this just on this forum... so no isolated case

Last edited by knezz; 10-06-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:49 AM

POST ID # = 1020555
Leo2u1 Reputation: 10

It seems to me that they tried to cheat more tinctures, and as a result, some of the functions conflicts with another, and because of all these problems with the rest of the DPI settings
After all the torment with tinctures, I just bought Logitech, as here. They are easy to configure and reliable, like a brick.

Last edited by Leo2u1; 10-07-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:11 PM

POST ID # = 1021674
knezz Reputation: 10

new Icue still no fix