The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 11:15 PM

POST ID # = 1000837
Gallagher1280 Reputation: 10

My H100iv2 and commander pro literally every 30-40 minutes will just stop taking readings and fan speeds will lock at what they were when icue errors out I have to hit restart on icue every time and than go and close out from the task manager. This is becoming annoying I've literally been dealing with this for months now and an update finally out for icue and nothing is fixed icue is such garbage corsair link is what im using now because corsair seems to not want to own up to this error and guess what it works unlike icue when my corsair products break im moving to a new company with better software support never again.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:37 PM

POST ID # = 1000964
jester7677 Reputation: 10

I have the disconnecting and reconnecting issue on a H115i Platinum happening and it's driving me mad. It will also not completely disconnect, but the pump head will change to green led and speed up to extreme, then drop back to what it was originally set to. I'm early in my diagnosis, but so far...

The cause? In my case it's the interaction between iCue and Steam.

If I allow Steam Client Bootstrapper to be part of the "Startup Applications" list the pump head will blip to green/extreme and then back to normal... a lot, I don't know how often.

If I disable Steam Client Bootstrapper process from the startup procedure on Windows 10 "Startup Apps", ... the pump head is fine. System boots, led and speed are set when iCue starts during the boot process. If later I then launch Steam, I get blips to green/extreme about 45 seconds apart. This go round it's happened twice and seems stable since as I type this.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:42 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1000966
Greybeard Reputation: 24

Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of update from us with regards to this issue. I don't blame you guys for being frustrated, I totally understand where you're coming from. I went through the thread and it seems like this freezing issue is pretty consistent from system configuration to another, so I don't think it's platform dependent due to various system configs that I've seen on this thread. I do remember a number of users reported this issue a few months back, so we then logged it and made our software team aware that we're seeing this freezing issue in the field. And so I thought the new iCUE release would have addressed this issue by now, apparently that's not the case.

So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze. I've asked both tech support and software team to provide us an update once they've all sorted out the root cause, and potentially a permanent solution, which I am really hoping for.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:27 AM
Viibou's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000999
Viibou Reputation: 10

At last some acknowledgement. I think the main part is that most of us have invested heavily in this ecosystem and the constant restarting of the service in the task manager(for me) to avoid issues damaging to the hardware is unacceptable.

Thank you for giving us an update @greybeard and hopefully there is some light at the end of this extremely long tunnel.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:12 AM
TackDaniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001024
TackDaniels Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
Hey guys, I apologize for the lack of update from us with regards to this issue. I don't blame you guys for being frustrated, I totally understand where you're coming from. I went through the thread and it seems like this freezing issue is pretty consistent from system configuration to another, so I don't think it's platform dependent due to various system configs that I've seen on this thread. I do remember a number of users reported this issue a few months back, so we then logged it and made our software team aware that we're seeing this freezing issue in the field. And so I thought the new iCUE release would have addressed this issue by now, apparently that's not the case.

So just a heads up, about two weeks ago, Tech Support has set this issue to high priority for the software team to look at and have it evaluated to see what's triggering the system to freeze. I've asked both tech support and software team to provide us an update once they've all sorted out the root cause, and potentially a permanent solution, which I am really hoping for.

Again, sorry guys for not keeping you in the loop. I'll keep you guys posted as updates come along.
Thanks for the status update! Good to know that you guys care
Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 AM
karajan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001037
karajan Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

@Greybeard Thank you very much, hope it gets fixed soon.

After logging for long time (a week or two), here are the errors that caught up. not sure if it helps but i post it in case if it helps.

I did run other monitoring software's during this process sometimes. but i believe iCUE should be immune to crashes (that's when you use try-catch statement!)
Attached Files
File Type: log Service_Error.log (28.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: zip Exported system info and logs.zip (40.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: zip Service_Trace.zip (2.67 MB, 19 views)
Old 04-11-2019, 01:08 PM
JayP777's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001161
JayP777 Reputation: 10

Hay guys,

It's been a while now since my last post and I've been struggling with this issue all the way.

Today I'm here to say that I found a fix or work around that has worked for me. Someone else said that they get no flat line when they use the pre-programmed fan curves (Quiet, Balanced and Extreme). After one of the updates I lost my fan curve and got so frustrated and just left it on balanced, then I started to notice that my Dashboard is not giving me flat bars! Yes! At this point I was excited and created another custom fan curve be cause I though an update has fixed the issue, but it did indeed not fix the issue for me... :( after I created the custom curve it wasn't long before the flat bars came back to haunt me.. Then After sitting and watching my PC for hours on end to see what the hell is going on and why this might be the matter I finally saw something that I found useful..

I'm an Asus motherboard user (Asus Z370 Prime A), on windows startup I have their app (AI Suite) that opens up and it measures all of the fancy thing you'd come to expect from motherboard software. I ran burn in test a couple of times with my corsair on a normal balanced curve and with my Z370 on a custom curve, both these applications were measuring the CPU temperature directly.. Or so I thought.. It seems to me that the pre-programmed fan curves measure the temperature from the Cooler itself and not from the CPU.. So that's why iCUE didn't flat line, iCUE was reading temps from the cooler block itself and my Asus software was reading temps from the CPU itself.. If that makes sense..

I setup a fan curve (reading my water block temps) to confirm that this was the case and I have not yet had a flat bar since then.. NEAT!! :D

Continuing with the struggle I went as far as uninstalling my AI Suite (Asus Software) and set up the fan curves and such in the BIOS and then came back to iCUE and set a custom fan curve to read temps from the CPU itself and it's been running a few days now and I have not yet had once single flat bar.

Earlier in this thread someone also stated that they thought iCUE had an issue reading CPU temps if another application is already reading these temps and that also helped me on this adventure.

I think Corsair should maybe check this out? Create iCUE software specific to motherboard manufactures and have iCUE read the CPU temps from the motherboard's software? I don't know something like that.. I'm only a programmer not a software engineer.. XD It can maybe work as a quick fix until they can find a way to solve the issue 100%

Just thought I would share my findings..

P.S. Sorry for my English :D
Old 04-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1001171
Greybeard Reputation: 24

Thanks for sharing your workaround JayP, glad to see its working out for you. Were you also having the freezing issue in iCUE prior to your workaround?

For those are still experiencing this behavior consistently, could you please provide error logs? I need to get them over to the software team for them to evaluate. Thanks guys
Old 04-13-2019, 01:49 PM
JayP777's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001342
JayP777 Reputation: 10

If you mean the flatline issue in iCUE then yes..
Old 04-14-2019, 06:21 AM
TackDaniels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001400
TackDaniels Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
Thanks for sharing your workaround JayP, glad to see its working out for you. Were you also having the freezing issue in iCUE prior to your workaround?

For those are still experiencing this behavior consistently, could you please provide error logs? I need to get them over to the software team for them to evaluate. Thanks guys
Here are my Logs
Attached Files
File Type: log Service_Error.log (37.4 KB, 37 views)
Old 04-15-2019, 07:22 AM

POST ID # = 1001498
aska Reputation: 10

hi,

I'm experiencing flat line too

I run iCUE 3.14.104 + H100iv2 , K95 RGB PLATINUM and updated Win10Pro

Custom temps curves

Here's latest log generated by icue

[edit] just got flatlined minutes ago
adding Service_Error.log and the updated other log
Attached Files
File Type: log 2019-04-15T17-05-00.log (14.3 KB, 26 views)
File Type: log Service_Error.log (21.2 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by aska; 04-15-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:12 AM
travman320
travman320's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001598
travman320 Reputation: 10

Awesome to see this has been acknowledged after many many months. I also use a custom fan curve so it'd be interesting to test one of the default fan profiles based on previous input. This has been a consistent issue in iCUE 3.X (no issues previously in iCUE 2.X and LINK combination).

Attached is a screenshot of the flatline state, plus two sensor logs:
1) Post-flatline from the screenshot
2) Restarting iCUE, launching a game (Shadow of Tomb Raider), and showing how the sensors freeze up at a certain point and then no longer log.

I don't have any error logs to report since iCUE is not generating any error logs associated with this problem. However the Sensor Logs randomly stop (I ran the game for about 3 hours, and it stopped logging 1-hour in). Cooler fans stay static speed when iCUE sensors freeze up and requires restart to remedy.

I am sporting iCUE 3.14.104, a H100i v2, i5-6600K CPU (not overclocked at the moment), an Asus Z170 Mobo, and don't run any other software monitoring system hardware performance/temps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iCUE Flatline.JPG (110.9 KB, 31 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip iCUE Sensor Log.zip (3.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by travman320; 04-16-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:59 AM

POST ID # = 1001602
Xploder270 Reputation: 10

I'm having this problem with Division 2.
After a play session, the iCUE client is either just frozen/crashed or I can't apply settings to my Commander Pro (new fan curves can be set but they never get applied while sensors/rpm still update).

Restarting the corsair service doesn't work for bringing back control for my CP. I need to reboot.

Division 2 runs at 100% CPU a lot and sometimes lags out other applications like Discord. This could be the culprit.

I have iCUE SDK disabled and don't use the iCUE integration ingame.

This happens with both stock iCUE and CPUIDSDK dll's renamed.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:34 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001659
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10

just to add its now happening with me as of the last 2 versions. requires constant restarting due to cpu spikes and high memory usage
Old 04-17-2019, 01:02 AM
travman320
travman320's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001703
travman320 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by travman320 View Post
I also use a custom fan curve so it'd be interesting to test one of the default fan profiles based on previous input.
I did the same testing tonight (2.5 hours straight) with a default fan curve (balanced) and had no issues with the sensor freezing / flatlining. It may be an issue with the way iCUE processes custom curves.

Thanks for highlighting this Jay (and whoever else previously), custom fan curves seem to be the culprit.