Corsair Community

RGB LED lights on HD120 fans not lighting up.

dabrit761

Can't find a solution anywhere on these forums or else where.

The fans themselves run fine, the problem is with the LED'S. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they aren't working and its driving me insane.

i have tried shifting around the order of the cables to no avail, different sata ports still nothing.

Ah. And that is the HD button controller, correct? It should say so on the controller.

And the fans are connected to ports 1-2-3-4 in order, right?

Assuming that, from the sounds of it, it's either the fan hub or the button controller. It's impossible, right now, to say which one it is.

yeah its the HD.

this on single LED lights up when i have the fans in this order but not in any other orders.

mhHZv

mhHZv

I'm guessing it's either the hub or the controller. Since you just got it, I'd exchange the entire 3 pack for a new one. Corsair will RMA it but exchanging with your retailer is usually quicker.

I'm guessing it's either the hub or the controller. Since you just got it, I'd exchange the entire 3 pack for a new one. Corsair will RMA it but exchanging with your retailer is usually quicker.

could i not just get a new hub? and what would i need to give me control through software of the LED's?

For software control of the LEDs, you'd need either a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or Commander Pro (CoPro). The NoPro would just do the lighting; the CoPro also allows you to control fans, monitor temperatures, and provides 2 more internal USB ports. Both will allow you to control the fans through Link. However, I'm not sure if the NoPro comes with the connector cable for the Fan Hub. It's a 3-pin connection with the wire for pin 1 missing. You can, however make a cable (see my signature for info and the parts).

You could potentially get a new hub (they are available individually from Corsair) but we've no way, at this time, to determine if it's your hub or your controllers that has flaked out. That would certainly help you determine it. But this is brand new ... you shouldn't have to buy it. That why I suggested to exchange at your retailer.

Archived