Corsair Community

Scimitar HW Profiles

schm0

Hi!

How do I convert an iCUE Software Profile to a hardware profile?

Is this even possible?

When all HW profiles got deleted, a soft reset of the mouse is needed?

How many HW DPI modes should be visible in iCUE? 2 or 3?

Thanks.

You cannot take an existing software profile and turn it into a hardware profile. They have different rules and the main purpose of the HW profile is to force you into compliant files that can be saved.

However, you should not need to soft reset the mouse if you deleted all your HW profiles. Use the + button to create a new profile. Above the three text fields in the center with be a button selector for software or hardware profile. Select Hardware and the icon will change to a little SD card. You can now create the lighting and actions you want to save. You must actively save the HW profile to the device. This is done through the Onboard Profiles tab that only appears when in a HW profile. There will be several slots - I believe 3.

Different Corsair mice have different DPI settings numbers. Most are 3. I don't have a Scimitar to compare, but it should be readily identifiable in the DPI tab.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but I can't find it?

I also noticed when I delete a profile and restart iCUE, the name of the profile is all scrambled up but all settings seem to load fine.

// Edit

Okay, I found it. It is only available when there are less than 3 hardware profiles.

Makes sense :D

But now, I have the problem that I can't delete hardware profiles anymore.

I tried to delete the onboard storage and reset the mouse again.

But the problem still persists.

Edited by schm0

What are you trying to do? I assumed re-save new HW profiles to the mouse, but I am no longer certain.

The name scrambling thing is odd. Before doing anything else, go to your Windows Settings -> Apps list and then left click on iCUE. Select Modify to begin the repair installation.