Corsair Community

Turning off HD120 LED

zihanzzz

Hi, I have a question regarding turning off HD120 LED. I (am going to) have the following configurations:

1 x Corsair 570X case (comes with a 6 port RGB Controller)

4 x HD120 RGB fans

1 x Commander Pro

If I plug in all fan connectors to Commander Pro, all rgb wires to RGB Controller, and plug rgb controller to Commander Pro.

Now I should be able to see all fans in my Corsair Link Dashboard.

I have two questions regarding this:

1. Can I manually turn each fan off in Corsair Link?

2. Can I turn off the fan's LED?

I have seen so many people who said it couldn't be turned off. But those people are not connecting their fans to the motherboard at all! With this configuration, I see in Corsair Link there is a brightness option, will that turn off the LED if I set to minimum brightness? Other than the brightness, is there any other way to turn off the LEDs?

Please share your advice. Thank you very much.

I don't know if Link can turn the HD-RGB fan LEDs off. I can turn them off using SIV by setting the LED Mode to Static Color then setting color to R-0, B-0, G-0. Perhaps this can be done in Link also. I don't know because I don't use Link. Maybe someone who does use Link could chime in here. Good luck!!

I can turn them off using SIV by setting the LED Mode to Static Color then setting color to R-0, B-0, G-0.

The best way to do this was to use Menu->Tools->Configure->Link Setup and set the port brightness to 0%. As from SIV 5.21 You could also export say 0% + 100% Lighting Profiles then use a hotkey to switch profiles.

After pondering this I felt you should be able to have user defined hot keys to turn the LEDs off and restore the default brightness :biggrin:. I also added Menu->Profile->Set LEDs Off + Menu->Profile->Set LEDs Default.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30156&stc=1&d=1499872196

If you prefer to use suboptimal software then CL4 should be able to do this.

2096062935_HotKeys.png.428d0219498453a03c4907f82b255b36.png

Archived