The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018, 01:08 AM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941587
Blackmartin Reputation: 10
Default Unable to use Corsair Link not detecting PSU/Commander Pro

I've tried looking at a number of different threads to find a solution to my problem, but everything I've tried does not seem to help.

My Issues:
1. Unable to see Corsair Commander Pro in Device Manager
2. Unable to see CLCP in CL4 (has shown up while attempting to fix and then disappears)
3. Unable to see HX1000i in CL4 (has shown up while attempting to fix and then disappears)
4. My fans work, but zero functionality for my 6x HD120 LED's.
5. Zero Functionality for my 4x LED Lighting Pro Strips.

I am wracking my brain to try and figure out if this is an issue with my CLCP being defective and needing an RMA, I just want the LED's to turn on. My only other thought is my MOBO USB headers arent working (Currently plugged into Slot 1-2 on my ASUS P8Z68-V PRO with HX1000i & CLCP respectively). From what I have read hopefully these screenshots will help you figure out whats going on, I'm only semi-tech savvy enough to get this far lol.

http://i64.tinypic.com/1085o9j.png
http://i67.tinypic.com/2u83.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/2aj0ux0.png
http://i68.tinypic.com/1zmk17l.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/zwjcky.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/20kf140.jpg

Last edited by Blackmartin; 02-21-2018 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Added Pics

Old 02-21-2018, 02:58 AM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941595

Dumb follow up questions:

1. CLCP came with two 2 pin connectors for the RBG hubs, but the controllers that come with HD120's are 3 pin (or cables, however u want to say it). Was I given the wrong cables with my CoPro?

2. I have every fan setup in the sequence I wanted slot 1-6 on the RGB hub, do I need its PWM control in the same number on the CLCP? I.E. Fan 1 in RBG slot 1 & PWM Fan header slot 1.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:13 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941606
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmartin View Post
Dumb follow up questions:

1. CLCP came with two 2 pin connectors for the RBG hubs, but the controllers that come with HD120's are 3 pin (or cables, however u want to say it). Was I given the wrong cables with my CoPro?

2. I have every fan setup in the sequence I wanted slot 1-6 on the RGB hub, do I need its PWM control in the same number on the CLCP? I.E. Fan 1 in RBG slot 1 & PWM Fan header slot 1.

Hi buddy.... not dumb questions at all..

1,.. No mate. you have the correct cables.. they connect between the CoPro and the Rgb Fan Led Hubs ;)..

2, No mate... pwm control order doesn't matter ;)

Last edited by Zotty; 02-21-2018 at 05:17 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941640

Spent all night last night attempting different fixes. I'm starting to believe my overall problem is the Commander Pro itself. When attempting to force update the firmware forward and backward, I'm initially met with 'failed to update' and it hangs on boot loader, unable to push to installing anything. When this happens it bricks the CLCP. At this point the devices list shows the CLCP having a blank where the firmware version should be.

In order to allow the firmware upgrade or downgrade from the bricked state, I then have to restart my computer. Upon initially opening CL4 back up from reboot I notice my PSU now shows as HX1000i PSU in the device list instead of Corsair PSU and the monitoring is functioning again. As soon as I attempt to push firmware back onto the CLCP, it will install 100% and complete and I suddenly gain functionality back to my 6 HD120 on the last setting I had tried to apply.

Here's where it gets odd. Once I go back into the LED configuration screen and try to switch anything, it immediately shuts off all the LEDs again, the PSU monitor no longer works, and I'm forced to repeat the cycle of 'brick the software, restart computer, force the update' and it will once again come back with the changes I made.

I have already ordered another CLCP from Corsair directly, and am planning to return the currently installed CLCP back to Amazon once I can confirm it was the problem. I also found this is the Release Notes, which may apply to me as my motherboard uses ASmedia USB Controllers with USB 3.0 software. I am not sure why the USB 3.0 Controller would have any effect on the USB 2.0 headers but maybe someone knows me about that then me:

12/22/2017 - Corsair Link Software Update Version 4.9.4.28

Known Issues:
Users connecting Lighting Node PRO or AXi USB dongle to Commander PRO USB hub may experience detection issues if Commander PRO is connected to an AMD chipset or ASMedia USB controller. (Fix ongoing.)

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Blackmartin; 02-21-2018 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added known issue log

Old 02-21-2018, 12:24 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941649
DevBiker Reputation: 88

First, this is really odd. Can't say that we've seen this particular issue.

Second, the AsMedia compatibility issue is only when the CoPro is connected to an AsMedia USB port. If that's only the USB 3.0 controller and not the USB 2.0 controller, it doesn't apply. We see this frequently with AMD Ryzen motherboards; I don't think it applies to you as your USB headers should be in the Intel controller.

Question: Do you have any other monitoring software running? HWInfo? Aida? HWMonitor?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:28 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941650

Try here for CoPro firmware info/downloads dude

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171536

using same process as the node pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=WHwGdLejpZA

are you using a Molex to Sata converter on the CoPro? or Running EVGA Precision X? (known to cause issues of late but mainly with coolers)

Last edited by Zotty; 02-21-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941653

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
First, this is really odd. Can't say that we've seen this particular issue.

Second, the AsMedia compatibility issue is only when the CoPro is connected to an AsMedia USB port. If that's only the USB 3.0 controller and not the USB 2.0 controller, it doesn't apply. We see this frequently with AMD Ryzen motherboards; I don't think it applies to you as your USB headers should be in the Intel controller.

Question: Do you have any other monitoring software running? HWInfo? Aida? HWMonitor?
I removed ASUS AiSuite before installing Corsair Link 4, only other program I have monitoring is MSI Afterburner. I did research and check to make sure Afterburner would not cause compatibility issues running along side CL4 but found nothing to suggest it wouldn't work together.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:46 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941654

Quote:
I removed ASUS AiSuite before installing Corsair Link 4, only other program I have monitoring is MSI Afterburner. I did research and check to make sure Afterburner would not cause compatibility issues running along side CL4 but found nothing to suggest it wouldn't work together.
Yeah, Afterburner should be fine. I run it too with no issues.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:48 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941655

Quote:
Yeah, Afterburner should be fine. I run it too with no issues.

Same here.. does what it says on the tin

Old 02-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post

are you using a Molex to Sata converter on the CoPro? or Running EVGA Precision X? (known to cause issues of late but mainly with coolers)
1. The method you referred me to in link #1 is in fact how I was able to force update to downgrade/upgrade the firmware. I tried multiple versions from 0.1.xx - 0.3.xx, as well as current version 0.7.xx (sorry can't remember exactly off the top of my head the firmware #s as I'm at work now and not as my computer, but I tried a lot of different versions). The problem I have is illustrated in picture 2 of that post, where it should normally go from 'bootloader initiating' to 'installing firmware' as it shows in the picture, mine actually hangs up prior to getting to the 'installing firmware' and tells me 'firmware has failed to flash' and gives me the option of retry, skip, or cancel. This is the point it 'bricks' my CLCP and shows in the device list as having no firmware. I am then able to restart my computer, go back to CLCP on the device list and do the force upgrade again and it will push it through. None of the versions I tried however lead to a stable environment where I could actively change the LEDs without them all turning off and bricking again.

2. I am using http://www.corsair.com/en-us/profess...ration-2-white cable set for my HX1000i. One SATA short cable is attached to my SSD & CLCP. My other SATA short cable is attached to the LED Hub & my WD 1TB Drive. No additional adapters are used and I made sure when buying the white cable set to buy the proper Generation for the HX1000i

Old 02-21-2018, 01:13 PM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post

Sorry just watched that YouTube video you linked as well. Would that apply to the CLCP as well? That microUSB connection is different then the one on the CLCP and I have a hard time removing that USB header as my 2nd GTX970 doesn't allow me the finger space to remove and unplug from the motherboard like that while it's in place. Should I remove that card and try that method as opposed to using the software Force Update system?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:19 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941660

Quote:
Sorry just watched that YouTube video you linked as well. Would that apply to the CLCP as well? That microUSB connection is different then the one on the CLCP and I have a hard time removing that USB header as my 2nd GTX970 doesn't allow me the finger space to remove and unplug from the motherboard like that while it's in place. Should I remove that card and try that method as opposed to using the software Force Update system?
It's worth a shot ... yeah. Same method applies to the CoPro.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941663
Happy

Quote:
It's worth a shot ... yeah. Same method applies to the CoPro.
I'll crack open my case and give this a go when I get home in a few hours.

Quick question though. Any reason you can think of why my HX1000i would show up as Corsair PSU (in pic of initial post) with zero monitoring capability until my CLCP is bricked or disconnected at which point it shows up as HX1000i PSU in the device list again and actively monitoring my PSU again.

Seems very weird since the link USB dongle is attached directly to my MOBO Header 1 and CLCP is on Header 2, and not Daisy changed into the CLCP hubs. I would think that would make them work independently of each other even if one happened to be malfunctioning?

Old 02-21-2018, 01:44 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941666

Quote:
I'll crack open my case and give this a go when I get home in a few hours.

Quick question though. Any reason you can think of why my HX1000i would show up as Corsair PSU (in pic of initial post) with zero monitoring capability until my CLCP is bricked or disconnected at which point it shows up as HX1000i PSU in the device list again and actively monitoring my PSU again.

Seems very weird since the link USB dongle is attached directly to my MOBO Header 1 and CLCP is on Header 2, and not Daisy changed into the CLCP hubs. I would think that would make them work independently of each other even if one happened to be malfunctioning?
At this point, I'm baffled too. That's actually a software thing, not a CoPro/hardware thing. Perhaps drivers? Are there updates for your motherboard's USB drivers, perhaps?

I really don't know at this point. Like I said ... this one is new. And it's weird.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:04 PM
Blackmartin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941673

I believe I have all the drivers I need. I have everything listed from the Win7 64bit section on https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8...Desk_Download/ that isn't just bloat ware.

The only thing I have never changed is the BIOS. I'm still using the stock version because in most cases I've read it's not advised to update the BIOS unless there are issues. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it sort of deal