The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 09:25 PM
ensign.fodder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933277
ensign.fodder Reputation: 10
Question H100i FW 1.1.3 & CL 4.9.4.28 - Missing Crucial m4

I have been a light CL user since my main system is a 2012R2 server but wife wants a Plex server so I have been spinning up a new box (old parts).

Check system specs from forum menu.

After getting everything setup and "configured" in CL - I noticed that I am missing my SSD. I believe I have seen it before but not sure since I recently migrated the SSD from a Samsung 256GB to the Crucial 512GB unit to provide more transcode cache and also let son install some games that are not Lego based ;-) for gameplay.

Thoughts on what is a minor issue but one I would like to resolve?

Thanks.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:45 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933282
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Ahhh ... Plex ... yes ... what a super-awesome server that is. Love Plex, personally.

Can you check to see if HWMonitor "sees" the SSD? Is the SSD on a Storage Space? (Link doesn't see any of the Storage Spaces on my Plex server).

That said, there's not going to be any Link functionality based on that device so I really wouldn't worry about it.

One note too ... write any custom settings for the cooler to the device; that way you won't have to have an active session on your server.

Finally ... I found that AMD processors were less than ideal for on-the-fly transcoding ... though, to be honest, my AMD was an A10-7800 so that was a little less powerful than yours.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:49 PM
ensign.fodder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933289

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Can you check to see if HWMonitor "sees" the SSD?
Yes it does.
Quote:
Is the SSD on a Storage Space? (Link doesn't see any of the Storage Spaces on my Plex server).
No, it is the boot drive which is not possible to be part of a Storage Space group.
Quote:
That said, there's not going to be any Link functionality based on that device so I really wouldn't worry about it.
I agree it is more my CDO (alphabetical OCD) that is driving the need to resolve it.
Quote:
One note too ... write any custom settings for the cooler to the device; that way you won't have to have an active session on your server.
Can you provide more details on how to do this? I am not using CL except to reduce fans below normally RPM's.
Quote:
Finally ... I found that AMD processors were less than ideal for on-the-fly transcoding ... though, to be honest, my AMD was an A10-7800 so that was a little less powerful than yours.
Yeah - the FX-8320 is a beast (relatively speaking) and A10-7800 as an APU is a mix bag for some tasks, there were not great IPC improvements between the second and third microarchitecture.

Thanks

Old 01-02-2018, 01:05 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933295
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign.fodder View Post
Can you provide more details on how to do this? I am not using CL except to reduce fans below normally RPM's.
If your cooler supports it (not 100% sure about the H100i as I don't have one, but the H100iv2, and the H80iV2 that I have both do) ... go to Options ... Devices. Look for your cooler. If you see "Use current settings as default" as a link, click it. That will write your settings to the device.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 PM
ensign.fodder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933620

No the V1 does not have that link in the Options > Devices screen

Thaks

Old 02-24-2018, 06:11 PM
ensign.fodder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942097

In case someone comes across this post - the M4 has no thermal sensor in the device so there is nothing to report so it is not shown. Was using HDD Guardian to check status of some drives and discovered 0 degree temp.