The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.43 average. Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 06:12 PM
gkrebbs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453184
gkrebbs Reputation: 10
Default 800D and optical drive bay sliders

Hi, I am just rebuilding my system in the 800D and was installing a blue ray drive in the top spot below the usb/sound/etc panel (this info doesn't really matter actually) and as I slid the tooless slider to the lock position the slider came off into my hand and now I am having a time getting it back on. If that weren't bad enough the same thing happened trying to use the next one down so now I have two of the plastic sliders that at first seem to go back on fairly easy but in trying to "lock" the drive in the slider just comes right back off. Are these sliders glued on to the metal underneath or is there something I am missing. I really didn't push the slider over to the lock position all that hard especially to have them both come off so easily into my hand. Any suggestion? I am sure that I could just screw the drives in for stability but also want the case to still look good.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:35 PM
gkrebbs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453188
Default Never Mind...

Well I got the sliders back on but I am rather dismayed that I paid as much as I did for a product that has some fairly flimsy workmanship. Even when the sliders are in position to "lock" the drive in it will still have as much as an 1/8th of an inch movement since all the slider does is push a small metal pin into the front and back right side screw holes. In the least there is some play in the drive so that if you push the eject button the drive will move which I suppose will only happen once unless you are turning the entire case around end to end or something to move the drive forward a bit. The slider could at least have been super glued to the metal you might think unless it is supposed to be then mine missed the gluing session...

Last edited by gkrebbs; 06-02-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: adjust details

Old 06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 453287
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

If the sliders are broken, then you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to request replacement sliders.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM
gkrebbs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453310
Important Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
If the sliders are broken, then you can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to request replacement sliders.
No, they aren't broken per se, but thank you for answering my post. It was the entire plastic slider piece that came off the four little places that it is held by on the metal piece that just came off quite easily when I was locking the drive into place. I then tried moving the drive down one bay only to have it happen again. I believe I posted too early without finding out exactly how it connected and what happened when the plastic piece was in the "lock" position. I apologize for posting in a "contempt prior to investigation" manner although the question I have still remains as to whether or not the plastic piece should be glued down to those four tiny places on either side of the metal piece where it is connected. I think that I may do so regardless so as not to have the slider on any of the other drives come off in my hands as the first two did if I have need for them in the future. As I said in another post, overall I am quite pleased with the case and would pay what I did again if there were a need to even now that I have had the chance to be hands on with it. The wire management in particular is outstanding.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 453427
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I do not believe that the sliders are glued in any way to the case, but I have seen that sometimes when the sliders pop off, some little plastic pieces on them can break and prevent you from being able to secure it back to the case. If this happens then we can replace the sliders for you.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:43 PM
gkrebbs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453451
Default Would you need the entire case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
I do not believe that the sliders are glued in any way to the case, but I have seen that sometimes when the sliders pop off, some little plastic pieces on them can break and prevent you from being able to secure it back to the case. If this happens then we can replace the sliders for you.
Okay, thank you... I have had a lot going on and got one of the sliders to go back on and appears stable with the drive installed but the other slider is still sitting in the case waiting for me to put it back on. I did wonder if there was more to the slider underneath where it connects to the metal so now I know. How would you replace the sliders without the case? If I can't get the other one back on correctly I will do as you say but still need to know how that would play out. If I had to give up my case for any amount of time I would probably just go with what I have. Thanks again!

Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 PM
sygnus21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453916
sygnus21 Reputation: 10

Hi guys, i'm considering the 700D as I don't need clear side panels and hot swappable dirve bays. So....Is this slider problem prevalent in the 700D?

I've read two threads thus far talking about this issue.

Thanks

Old 06-09-2010, 07:38 PM
gkrebbs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453932

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Hi guys, i'm considering the 700D as I don't need clear side panels and hot swappable dirve bays. So....Is this slider problem prevalent in the 700D?

I've read two threads thus far talking about this issue.

Thanks
No, I think you just need to be very careful with them. I thought I was being careful but then there isn't much attaching the plastic slider to the metal underneath that locks the drives in but if you are aware of it I would say buy. They do work but a teensy bit flimsy, but overall this is the best case that I believe i have ever owned.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:53 PM
sygnus21's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453934
sygnus21 Reputation: 10

Well i'm still doing research. So my decision is down to 700D or ********'s P193

I already have an ******** P182 so i'm quite familiar with them.

Thanks