Corsair Community

RGB not working

RBG

I was hoping someone could give me some info, I have a K95 RGB Plat when I plug in the K/B the caps lock, scroll lock and numlock just flash continously the K/B does work as a standard K/B. No RGB.

When I tried to update the firmware in iCUE it gets to 100% then hangs indefinately displaying a red warning symbol in the icon for the K/B

Is the keyboard bricked?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Make sure you didn't accidentally put it in BIOS mode. You can check by pressing the WinLock+F1 down at the same time for about 20 seconds. If it is in BIOS mode the keyboard will come out of it.

Thanks for your response, no change.

A few observations and things I tried the K/B only ever appears as a 'Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM Bootloader' in device manager on launching iCUE the K95 icon is dispalyed with a yellow symbol bottom right of the icon. On attempting to update the K95 it always gets to 100% never completes the K95 icon changes to a red warning symbol in the bottom right corner. The K/B does not respond unless you unplug and plug in the USB's again.

The K/B does not respond on a non UEFI Bios machine until it boots into Win10 (Ver 2004 - 19041.388)

I saw there was a thread for the K95 RGB Platinum XT - 'K95 RGB Platinum bricked after iCUE firmware update out of box [02/2020'

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194267

I tried the method and firmware in the post and as expected iCUE reconised the K/B as a K95 RGB Platinum XT attempting to update firmware in iCUE yields the same result as with the K95 RGB Platinum firmware.

*I reverted to the K95 RGB PLATINUM firmware

Any info would be most appreciated as from all the threads I have read the K95 is essentially bricked as a RGB K/B.

Edited by RBG