Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Static/White Noise

bobmal

When ever there is audio playing or right about to play, there is a small bit of white noise in the background that I can hear. If there is audio playing, there is always white noise. I have updated the headphone drivers, and it still persists. Is white/static noise normal for wireless headsets, or did I just get a defective copy?

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, no sound card, and no other wireless peripherals.

I've gotten two Corsair Vengeance 2000's and they both have the "static noise" of which you are talking about. It isn't abnormal so don't worry.

I would assume that it is just the headset's way of preserving battery life, by turning off the speakers when nothing is playing, then enabling them when there is audio playback. If the speakers were continuously on, then you would hear the white noise even when nothing was playing.

Is the microphone boom up or turned on?

Try a different USB port at the back of the motherboard and the extension cable.

Latest BIOS, chipset drivers and DirectX?

Try the headset on a different computer and see if the white noise is still there.

When does it happen? When media players applications are running?

Is the microphone boom up or turned on?

Try a different USB port at the back of the motherboard and the extension cable.

Latest BIOS, chipset drivers and DirectX?

Try the headset on a different computer and see if the white noise is still there.

When does it happen? When media players applications are running?

I've tried all USB ports on my computer, updated, and I tried it on another computer with Windows 7; and there is still white noise. It only happens when there is media playing or just about to play, but it is silent when there is no sound playing.

I think that is normal as i have it as well.

I would presume it's quite normal. I've had several other headsets (wired ones, but headsets none the least), that also had that slight white noise coming in from the background. I've noticed that the audibility of the white noise depends on what kind of material they use to cover the speakers, corsair opted for a blue fabric rather than a black foam-like covering. Either that or what I just said happens to be pure coincidence and the manufactures are actually to blame, I don't have the slightest clue.

Although quite a lot of people seem to be bothered by this, I don't mind in the least. It is quite easy to ignore if you aren't focused on it. The only time when I notice it is when I actually try to hear it.

Have also noticed this but not been to much bothered with it.

What I have more been bothered about is the plastic holding the earpieces breaking apart. But adding this on top of it, I'm getting certain there is something fishy about the manufacturer they are using.

EDIT:

Not to mention the driver issues.

http://www.everythingusb.com/corsair-vengeance-2000-wireless-gaming-headset-21530-2.html

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107730

• Corsair Employee

What I have more been bothered about is the plastic holding the earpieces breaking apart. But adding this on top of it, I'm getting certain there is something fishy about the manufacturer they are using.

EDIT:

http://www.everythingusb.com/corsair-vengeance-2000-wireless-gaming-headset-21530-2.html

Fishy wouldn't be the right word. However, we are looking into the issue together with them.

Fishy wouldn't be the right word. However, we are looking into the issue together with them.

Ahahahaah, Ram Guy, I love you so much right now.

Keep doing what you're doing, mate. c:

EDIT:

Yeah, these are all real issues that seem to be affecting a lot of people. Also out of curiosity, could someone tell me are they using the same manufacturing company for both the 2000 series and 1100/1300/1500 series?

On a slightly different note... Ram Guy, would it be permitted to make a thread regarding possible future improvements of Corsair Vengeance 2000 headsets? I'm unsure whether or not that would be breaking any rules on the forums, as I do not see any thread of the sort.

• Corsair Employee
Ahahahaah, Ram Guy, I love you so much right now.

Keep doing what you're doing, mate. c:

Yeah, these are all real issues that seem to be affecting a lot of people. Also out of curiosity, could someone tell me are they using the same manufacturing company for both the 2000 series and 1100/1300/1500 series?

On a slightly different note... Ram Guy, would it be permitted to make a thread regarding possible future improvements of Corsair Vengeance 2000 headsets? I'm unsure whether or not that would be breaking any rules on the forums, as I do not see any thread of the sort.

I personally would enjoy seeing constructive feedback (both positive and negative) as long as it does not derail into a "buy X brand instead and lern2makestuff" thread. ::pirate::

• 2 months later...

I just starting hearing the static noise in my Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset as well. Funny it started after I hooked up a second Windows drive. Not sure if its coincidence but it's really familliar to a NVidia graphics problem I've seen with random garbage appearing on the screen. I solved that problem by booting with another drive and deleting the hiberfile.sys and pagefile.sys files on the system disk. Not sure if that remedy would work here.

BTW, when I plug the same headset into my Mac laptop, they sound as clear as ever. It's definitately not a hardware problem but a drive and/or Windows problem.

Archived